• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Never Ending List of Toon's AT's and Tricks / The Data Dump / Song of Brainstorms

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
The link works now. I got mixed up XD. Really mixed up.
Yeah that is already known and was added a while ago. It's called running BFO or something like that.
(Note to self, if the link doesn't work, don't even try XD.)

For the record, there are many more applications then just catching it with Fair which you could just read for yourself, but from memory, you can catch it with any aerial, you can catch it with airdodge which means you can instant throw the Bomb in any direction or iBomb or Zair while holding a Bomb.
I think that it could be quite useful if you know how to use it.

Alzi

Smash Master
You guys know the short hop double bomb right?

Well i've been testing it out yesterday at a tournament except what i did was pulled out a bomb then short hopped then dropped the bomb then quickly grabbed it and threw it the opposite direction.

I don't know if you can add that to the OP just under the second of bomb throwing or mixing it up. I found it to work somtimes for mind games you can do this throwing the bomb up aswell. Not sure if anyone knew this but i bet they did.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I've been messing around with dash attack a bit (from playing too much B+) and used it in tourney this weekend and found it's a pretty safe kill setup, assuming you can guarantee the hit. And since it's fast (frame 9) it's pretty easy to know when you will hit with it.

But it seems if you get the hit off, it trips sometimes even at high percentages, and it's fairly hard to tech, not to mention unexpected, and our hyphen smash is pretty good for tech chasing. And it's relatively nonpunishable, since it hits the opponent far enough away that, even with a tech, we have enough time to recover before they make back the distance (needs more testing).

And since it's a dash attack with some knockback, it moves both you and the opponent towards the ledge, meaning rolling away isn't as much of an option. Overall it works out kinda like the buuman trap in positioning, though we'll have to do more work to guarantee the hit.

zaf

Smash Lord
also if you like, you can follow up a zair with a dash attack and not only does it trip, it makes the opponent force get up.

I dont know how well this works in vbrawl, but if you can connect a zair into a dash attack the force get up means you can then attack once more. So at low percents i zair > dash attack and then follow up the force get up with a grab, and at higher percents it means a kill

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Of course. Its not always guaranteed to trip though.

I only use it when I hit my opponent with Zair and it knocks them off stage, then I use Dash attack because it is a good way to set up a gimp.
I used to do that, but it seems it can be useful onstage too. Only when it's knockback is great enough to give you no fear of punishment though. I had to face patg and could barely get close enough to hit him except to poke, but managed to kill him once with that -> usmash (he won the set though), but it got me thinking it could work.

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Btw, the bomb to footstool to d-air is too legit

Did it on soo many people at No Koast often followed by a compliment of some sort

CTX

Smash Journeyman
No, but the bomb does additional damage

You are above the opponent, throw the bomb down, the bomb sends the opponent up to you, you footstool them back down and follow with a d-air

zaf

Smash Lord
i know how to use the bomb lol
but im just saying it isnt needed for the dair spike if you land a footstool lol
sometimes "smart" players even di the bomb hit to avoid the dair
if anything the bomb after the footstool is flashy

CTX

Smash Journeyman
The bomb doesn't come after the footstool, it comes before it.

MJG

Smash Hero
i know how to use the bomb lol
but im just saying it isnt needed for the dair spike if you land a footstool lol
sometimes "smart" players even di the bomb hit to avoid the dair
if anything the bomb after the footstool is flashy
I don't think he meant off stage.

That wouldn't be too smart to go for unless you were just down by a lot (Even then, a comeback IS possible)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
either way, after the bomb if you are in position for a footstool, why not just dair ?
Footstool guarantees you not killing yourself if the other guy DIs away.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Pretty sure zaf was talking about throwing a bomb down and footstooling your opponent ONSTAGE is just flashy. And I agree. To be honest, it'd be better NOT to footstool...footstooling means you're gonna spike him and send him downwards...if you don't spike him and instead do a normal pogo dair, you're gonna get more damage.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Pretty sure zaf was talking about throwing a bomb down and footstooling your opponent ONSTAGE is just flashy. And I agree. To be honest, it'd be better NOT to footstool...footstooling means you're gonna spike him and send him downwards...if you don't spike him and instead do a normal pogo dair, you're gonna get more damage.
cant they just move?

zaf

Smash Lord
hyro knows whats up. yes i meant like that

offstage footstool is your best friend lol

has anyone seen the video from asf1nk about bomb fake out? I seen it on the kitty korp forums. its pretty wicked actually. just youtube bomb fake out. uhh... i dont think it works in brawl+ though =[ =[

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
hyro knows whats up. yes i meant like that

offstage footstool is your best friend lol

has anyone seen the video from asf1nk about bomb fake out? I seen it on the kitty korp forums. its pretty wicked actually. just youtube bomb fake out. uhh... i dont think it works in brawl+ though =[ =[
Did you check the OP in the vid section? If I don't have that vid, I'll eat my hat.

On a more serious note; Sasuke, what's going on with the pics man? Some crazy **** happened to the OP XD. I've deleted them now, but this is what the pictures looked like for the Boomerang and vid section. (I hadn't changed the codes)

wtf 0_o
I know I'm scared.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I guess they replaced the deleted links I had with new ones.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I have no idea.

Sasuke, I think to save any future trouble, I'll just add the pics with my account.
There's just been so many problems you know? The only down side is they won't look as great.
Thanks for all your help so far man.
I'll try to fix the pics next week when I've got some time. I've gotta find them all again first. I'll be ok.

May I ask.....

Does that guy have a pony tail that goes inside the back of his shirt, and comes out through the front as a tie?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
May I ask.....

Does that guy have a pony tail that goes inside the back of his shirt, and comes out through the front as a tie?
I was gonna ask that but I didn't want to offend FIOD if it was him :laugh:

Looks like some avatar **** to me. And why is this picture taken at a women's show store. This picture will forever be known as, "Toon Link and the mystery of that guy with the weird avatar-hair-through-shirt-thing."

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hair through sh.............. WTF?!? I did not see that!
How the hell did........... who the **** is that?
And no it's not me. That was a link from Sasuke's old account, if anything I thought it might be him XD.

Wow. Just wow.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
you can stop posting about the random guy now

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
So it's similar to the 100% working Spike. Right? I mean I see what you're doing, you've got the footstool before the Dair and you've got Toon throwing the Bomb down instead of Z-dropping it (which is just a variation), but essentially, it's the 100% sworking spike with a footstool thrown in.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I am unaware of anything he has so take what you can from that if there is anything to take.

The reason why the footstool is there is that it will save you from possibly going straight into the pit. No footstool, no spike.
Then again, I do not main TL so if you guys can link bomb> Dair w/o fail then this just makes it more complicated and unneeded.

Hyro

Smash Lord
ya'll are serious?

that came out before brawl even came out LOL

...i mean really guys? XD

and they literally have to let go of the control stick for that to work half the time. it's gonna be DI'ed. yeah even AFTER the footstool in some cases. that's not even 15% working

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
ya'll are serious?

that came out before brawl even came out LOL

...i mean really guys? XD

and they literally have to let go of the control stick for that to work half the time. it's gonna be DI'ed. yeah even AFTER the footstool in some cases. that's not even 15% working
i can jerk with link and not tl explain this please

TheJerm

Smash Champion
After the footstool, the dair should work. But Bomb to foot stool isnt safe or guaranteed at all.

Top Bottom