• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *NEW* and *IMPROVED* move ranking list

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
how is squirtle's dthrow not on the list

or ivysaur's bullet seed

what is this...this madness

also worst down b is squirtle's LOL

best down b...is ivysaur's LOL

ivy's nair is pretty good and combos into utilt/bullet seed
I mean OMGGGGGGGGG Ivysaur is sucks becuz bad recovery gimps at 0% evree stockkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!11

Munas

Smash Cadet
I don't even understand why ZSS doesn't have a spot in the jab list: it comes out on frame 1, and interrupts EVERYTHING. Also think she deserves a spot on the u-tilt list for her wicked fast up tilt, probably lower on that list then the jab list though.

Also: the bair list - Really? Toon Link isn't on that list? REALLY?

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Sonic's dthrow really isn't any good, at all. You can DI down (which is easy, since it takes a while before you move) and immediately tech. Then, you can grab or anything that comes out faster than a grab on Sonic, and he can't even do anything!
Falco's dash attack should be in the top 10, definitely, because of its speed, range, duration, and, more importantly, it can be canceled into Usmash on contact, called a Gatling Combo. The Gatling Combo is inescapable below about 60%. Another effect of this is that it's immensely useful against shielders who think they can punish Falco's dash attack with a shield-dropped attack, or shield grab. The moment they drop the shield, the Usmash hits.
For bair, Marth needs to get replaced by Toon Link.
Also, Falco's fair is the worst.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
Falco's f-air is definetly the worst. (Fox's b-air for worst IMO)
Link's Z-air can pretty safely be considered #1. It's his ultimate spacing tool and can be used to edgehog (let go of ledge, press z twice(grabs and pulls up to ledge), repeat as needed for invulnerability frames)
I really like diddy/marth's d-air for #10 (maybe #9?) Really good gimpability, wide range, strong spike opportunity, good for edgeguarding.
Marth's f-smash!!! Tip = TEH PAIN. Not as good as melee but still very strong, good range, spammable.

Diddy's f-tilt. good knockback/damage, HUGE RANGE, has more range than marth's f-smash, like wat-da-fock.

(Sorry for being totally in favor of my mains, I just know them best compared to the other characters.)

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
Fsmash
1. Kirby
2. Game and Watch
3. Wario
4. Pit
5. Luigi
6. Lucas
7. Lucario
8. Donkey Kong
Worst.

mario and falco

Utilt
1. Snake
2. Fox
3. King Dedede
4. Peach
5. Pit
6. Mario
7. Kirby
Worst. Ganondorf

DK

Ftilt
1. Snake
2. Shiek
3. Ike
4. Wolf
Worst.

rob

Dash
1. Snake
2. Ganondorf
3. Diddy Kong
4. Ivysaur
5. King Dedede
6. Game and Watch
7. Sonic
8. Meta Knight
Worst.

dk for worst, poor range on the move from a character with some of the best spacing in the game

Jab
1. Ike
2. Snake
3. Squirtle
4. Pit
5. Falco
6. Lucario
7. Luigi
8. Yoshi
9. Captain Falcon
10. Peach
Worst.

marth for worst, only used to cancel projectiles

Dair
1. Meta Knight
2. Lucario
3. Peach
4. Wario
5. Game and Watch
6. Falco
7. Fox
8. Ganondorf
9. Ness
Worst. Sheik

marth>falcon

Uair
1. Meta Knight
2. Olimar
3. Ganondorf
4. Wario
5. Yoshi
6. King Dedede
7. Sonic
8. Captain Falcon
Worst. Lucas

marth again

Zair
1. Samus
5/Worst: Lucas

2. Olimar
3. Shiek
4. Link

not sure about this but i am sure Link>T link range is better.
Shiek lags less (before and after) If i recall than links
Olimar has great range with pikmin team but it goes diagnolaly

Neutral Special
1. Meta Knight
2. Snake
3. Falco
4. Lucario
5. Pit
6. ROB
7. Wario
8. Donkey Kong
9. Wolf
Worst. Lucas/Ganondorf

PIKA, spamable, annoying, can be used in air against edge guarders

Up Special
1. Meta Knight
2. Pikachu
3. ROB
4. Marth
5. Game and Watch
6. Sonic
7. Ice Climbers
8. Bowser
9. Luigi
10. Donkey Kong
Worst. Jigglypuff

Bowser? poor recovery option and attack imo. i'd have snake and peach before bowser.
also luigi (can be combined with other recovery specials)>DK>bowser

Uthrow
1. Olimar
2. Meta Knight
3. Sonic
Worst.

kirbz

Pummel
1. Lucas
2. Olimar
3. Sonic
4. Lucario
5. Luigi
6. Mario
Worst. Samus

wtf is a pummel?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Zelda's u-air, b-air, and f-airs are amazing if you can hit with them, able to ko light-medium weight characters at around 60-70 (even 50's if you close the blast zones). They should defidently be on this list, but maybe low around 8 or 9 because they can be tricky to land.

The worst d-spec I think is mario's, the only use I can think of is to hit lucas/ness when recovering with pk thunder.

Kirby's n-special is great, I love using it to copy character's specs like CF, Ivysaur, Pit, ect. Its also good for kirbysides and spitting them out under the stage for a ko.

It's 2am, I'm tired, and that's all I can think of for now. I'll be back when I'm....awake

*Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* =P

Kuga

Smash Journeyman
Fox Uair have good knockback/damage.Its good for Juggle at low %. Maybe Top 9-10?
And definetly Fox has not de worst Bair lol.

Top Bottom