• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new and improved NORTH CAROLINA locator thread

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
L0zR... i dont think that this weekend is looking good man... well my stupid a$$ family has planned a family trip that i didn't know about... 2 myrtle beach... for crying out loud... myrtle beach doesn't change... but they want me 2 go with them... but whatever... i'll see what strings i can pull... 2 make it 2 this tourney... if not this tourney then i'll definetly be @ BEHR'S TOURNEY... you should come 2 that one...

BEHR

Smash Hero
Yes you should all come to my tournament.

o;

LET SEE SOME COMBOS!!

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
you really cant do that many combo's in brawl... but whatever... im all about melee right now...

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
i'll try my best 4 YOU LOZR... since u came 2my tourney... it's only far that I come 2 yours... and i think that 7thfonon is coming... even if i dont come...

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
sounds good boys, not exactly sure when the starting time is but i think we are starting around 12 or 1 so be there around that time my cell number is 336 977 9282 if you need to call for some reason. my phone sucks dont call just once cause it is dead most of the time haha. If you have text messaging it would be best to text me, for realz

I also want some fox dittos at this tourney, and some falcon dittos =) also if anyone wants to money match me, let me know on here. Take care peoples

ThePerfect x1x

Smash Rookie
ZOMG! N.C. still plays smash!? WHAT!? lol jk. Been a while since I've been on here. Man does brawl suck....NEEDS more knees, if only I could come to this. Melee brings back good times....anybody looking to play a few games of brawl / melee in the Wilmington area hit me up I suppose. Take it ez peeps.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sorry LoZR, I've got the same old story: parents say it's too far and won't let me go. Only chance I could get to play ya soon would be at the tourney in Greensboro. I'll get those combos for ya BEHR, I think I may finally have gotten better than I was before Brawl. Gonna be fun.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
yea, but he had knockd a fair bit of it off towards teh end... although i think me playing a different character every round prly made things harder on him >.>

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Come on boys i gotta keep bugging you guys, come to our tourney !!!!! lol. Just because its a melee tourney, brawl will still be there if someone really wants to play it hahahah

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941
LOZR... im trying 2 pull every string i can 2 come 2 this tourney... but no luck so far... i've been away from the family so long.... and my brother came up 2 go 2 the beach... so this family trip looks like it's still happening...

darn it...

SR Raptor

Smash Apprentice
Ok guys, the Melee Tourney will take place at Game Crazy in Rocky Mount.

901 N. Wesleyan Blvd. Rocky Mount, NC 27804. Ph# 252-454-0085 Its really easy to get to since all you do is come off of 64 and take one turn down highway 301. Really Easy.

It will be the standard MLG set-up with a Cash prize. 70/20/10 split.

The store opens at 10am; Registration starts at 11am; the actual tournament starts at High Noon regardless.

BYOC please.

Each person owes $5 entry fee, doubles then singles with an hour break in between since there are many good fast food restaurants down the 'strip'.

If you have questions you can call my cell at 252-544-3241 or send me a PM. We also have a Brawl tourney coming up later in the month. I will announce that one later.

Thanks for your time and hope to see you all there.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
, brawl will still be there if someone really wants to play it hahahah

LolollolololololololololololololololololololLolollololololololololololololololololololol
LolollolololololololololololololololololololLolollololololololololololololololololololol
LolollololololololololololololololololololoIFSOMEONEREALLYWANTSTOPLAYITlLolollololololololololololololololololololol:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Lolollololololololololololololololololololol

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
hahaha, neo you and anthony come on down for the tourney as well =), karn you guys better come to this to, finals cant stop you you got plenty of time for studying sunday and friday

The Director

Smash Lord
Ok guys, the Melee Tourney will take place at Game Crazy in Rocky Mount.

901 N. Wesleyan Blvd. Rocky Mount, NC 27804. Ph# 252-454-0085 Its really easy to get to since all you do is come off of 64 and take one turn down highway 301. Really Easy.

It will be the standard MLG set-up with a Cash prize. 70/20/10 split.

The store opens at 10am; Registration starts at 11am; the actual tournament starts at High Noon regardless.

BYOC please.

Each person owes $5 entry fee, doubles then singles with an hour break in between since there are many good fast food restaurants down the 'strip'.

If you have questions you can call my cell at 252-544-3241 or send me a PM. We also have a Brawl tourney coming up later in the month. I will announce that one later.

Thanks for your time and hope to see you all there.
GAME CRAZY...that must be the place...

I was told at a tourny a while back that they do Smash tournaments there evey week. Is that true, or am I thinking of someplace else??

dr.neo

Smash Champion
Ok, now that everyone officially hates Brawl I can safely post this!!! http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art.../4845-Zero-Punctuation-Super-Smash-Bros-Brawl
Good I'm not the only person that hates the game. But the crazy Australian hates it for a different reason than me. I hate it because it takes no skill. Only patience, spamming, and ... and.... uhhh.. oh wait thats all it takes. The game is a piece of garbage. I go to a Super Smash Brothers Brawl tournament in Boone. Hey I will probably have a good chance of winning because I was good at Melee right? WRONG!

dr.neo

Smash Champion
Nope, wrong.

Still hate Melee, still lovin' Brawl. Although I don't know why I still check the NC boards, not like anyone here's gonna play the game or even present a challenge in Brawl at this point.
Oh sorry for the double post but kid you have got to be gay. Present a challenge? PRESENT A CHALLENGE?!?! You most likely didnt like melee because it took a thing called skill. Unlike brawl. Thats probably why your so "good" at brawl. you have soooomuch skill. Why? because anyone can win thats why. Good job kid, I'm sure your fantastic at using the c-stick.

ps.. PWNED *****!

Oh yea and Adam, **** right my doc is sick. Just not sick enough.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Oh sorry for the double post but kid you have got to be gay. Present a challenge? PRESENT A CHALLENGE?!?! You most likely didnt like melee because it took a thing called skill. Unlike brawl. Thats probably why your so "good" at brawl. you have soooomuch skill. Why? because anyone can win thats why. Good job kid, I'm sure your fantastic at using the c-stick.

ps.. PWNED *****!

Oh yea and Adam, **** right my doc is sick. Just not sick enough.
lol don't talk to me about skill. I didn't play Melee because it was a boring piece of frantic horse ****, not because it took skill. My main game is GG and I'm one of if not the top player(s) in the state for it, which definitely takes more skill and thought than smash brothers ever has.

Pac Strife knows what's up.

So if you wanna play some Brawl and get *****, lemme know. :laugh:

The Director

Smash Lord
Present a challenge? PRESENT A CHALLENGE?!?! You most likely didnt like melee because it took a thing called skill. Unlike brawl. Thats probably why your so "good" at brawl. you have soooomuch skill. Why? because anyone can win thats why. Good job kid, I'm sure your fantastic at using the c-stick.
Please, please don't jump to assumptions. That's what everybody on this thread seems to be doing.

I've won Melee tournaments not only here in NC, but in NYC. Do any of you here know what kind of skill it takes to even compete in a tournament in NYC? Being packed into a room with 300 other incredibly skilled Smashers who all use advanced techniques to their fullest?

Yeah, I sure do. And I know what it feels like to take those other 299 people and bring them to their knees when I beat an incredibly talented Marth player and bumped him into 2nd place...as DK. The entire room was in an uproar, I can tell you that. A DK player surpassing the likes of Wes and Aven? Until me, it was unheard of. Just because I like Brawl better doesn't mean I can't bring it in Melee.

And please people...stop declaring NC as a Melee state. (jeez, this is starting to sound like the civil war) Just because the only people who still play Melee in NC post on this thread doesn't mean that the entire state is Melee oriented. Believe me, there are plenty of Brawl festivities going on here.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
Ok mr. director. If your so good then why havent I ever heard of you before. Kid if you wanna play melee I'll **** you. Dead serious. I'm sure your incredibly awesome though. Your so gay. Shut your mouth homo.

Samurai- what the hell are you talking about? Melee borring piece of horse ****. lol maybe if you cant play the game.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Ok mr. director. If your so good then why havent I ever heard of you before. Kid if you wanna play melee I'll **** you. Dead serious. I'm sure your incredibly awesome though. Your so gay. Shut your mouth homo.

Samurai- what the hell are you talking about? Melee borring piece of horse ****. lol maybe if you cant play the game.
Well for one the tier selection was crap. If you wanted to win a tournament you had the choices of about 4-5 characters and that was it, and I didn't like a single one of them. Plus the game play was SO tech heavy that it actually detracted from the experience, in my eyes. Not to mention everything ever being safe with L canceling and the speed of the game, it was just a cluster **** of scuffling about and mindless rushdown. I like the way Brawl is played, if you can read the other person, and you can out think them, you can destroy them. That's what video games should be about, IMO, and I know Melee had this as well, but the tech detracted from that in my eyes.

The way it's played to me seems more like a real fighting game with a huge emphasis on spacing and mind games, and I like that. It's my background, so of course Brawl will appeal to me more.

Not to mention Brawl's cast is a lot more lovable. Note all the characters I play in my sig are all Brawl newcomers. I never really liked anyone in Melee.

But yeah I was talking to the director and we decided it'd be a good idea to maybe start a new NC thread seperate from this one, that way you Melee elitists can have your cake and eat it too, and the people interested in Brawl can set up gatherings and talk about the game they're interested. With that said, I'ma start the new thread.

d_shep04

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3239-7702-5941

Dr. neo... im with you here man. i haven't heard of this kid... ever... EVER... if this guy won a tourney in NC, it must have been in the mountains somewhere where people dont buy videogames b/c they live outdoors and haven't heard of such thing. and if he was 2 have won a tourney in NYC im sure he would have been known alot more around the world. instead of this NC thread. i've heard of random people winning tourneys in smash in california/texas/ and other states that's not known compared 2 PC Chris/Ken/Azen/Chu dat--> the list could go on. but I want 2 see some proof of this guy winning some tourneys. he must not have fought against the man himself. that NIGGGAh --> LOZR and that other NIGGGAH--> ALI... im sure everybody in the NC smash scene now (besides the director himself) could beat him in smash--> be it 64 smash/melee/ or this new thing they call a game. BRAWL. im done with him... (kage bunshin no jutsu)

AND WHAT IS THIS SAMURAI woman talking about? MELEE is a great ****ING GAME YOU A$$face. like my boy Dr. Neo said. Brawl takes no FU(KING skill @ all man... that game is basically smash for NOOBS. even Brawl itself knows the game it was made for noobs.

man... MELEE--> brawl --> MELEE--> brawl---> M E (FU(KING) L E E all day baby...

Lucas just brought you the 8 o'clock news... enjoy...

DR. NEO= BAD a$$ (SHUT YO MOUTH)

The Director

Smash Lord
Guy, it's people like you who are giving Melee players like Behr a bad name. Really? Have you resorted to childish namecalling on an internet forum? Aren't you old enough to be above that? I've said time and time again that I like Melee and yet you still seem to want to throw feces around. Why?

And maybe you've never heard of me because I only just moved down to NC a couple of months ago. :rolleyes:

But I know better than to squabble back and forth with people I don't even know over the internet. I'll just drop this here. If I find any tournies or Smash events around the state, I'll post the info here and in the Brawl only thread.

Top Bottom