• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Counter Game: Read the **** Rules or the Thread Get's Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:evil:
The Demon notes that Focus Sash is only banned if required to counter. It isn't needed, so it can be used to stop any future counters.... despite how easily it is stoped itself.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Focus sash is supposed to be banned (i dunno if its been changed), for future reference.

Lapras @ Leftovers
Modest / Water Absorb
172 Sp Atk / 252 Def / 84 HP
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Psychic

guess who is getting 2hkoed?
Oops...sorry about that. I had read the rules, but I somehow missed that one. I'm just glad that my purpose for using it was actually in the right (for the reason that Demon said).

vs. Lapras:

Gallade @ Wide Lens
Adamant/Steadfast
252 ATK/252 SDEF/4 SPE
-Hypnosis
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Night Slash

At best, it'll take your Lapras 3 turns to hydro pump me to death. With a slightly more reliable hypnosis, I expect it to connect on the first turn. After that I'd probably do 3 bulk ups to ensure a 1HKO, putting my atk to 957/958 and my def to 415. I'd then drain punch for the finale, which, if you had broken out of the sleep on the first turn allowed, it would still put me up to almost full HP again, I believe.

I have no clue what to expect for the next one. Probably a hazer of some type.

EDIT: Oh, and can someone please tell me exactly how the wide lens works? I don't know if it adds on 30% accuracy or is a multiplicity of 1.3 onto the original accuracy of the technique.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
@ Gallade
Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Adamant/Insomnia
176 HP/252 ATK/80 SPE
-Drill Peck
-Sucker Punch
-Superpower
-Icy Wind
Survives Drain Punch, and annihilates you with Drill Peck even with a defense boost. Outspeeds by one point.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
@ Gallade
Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Adamant/Insomnia
176 HP/252 ATK/80 SPE
-Drill Peck
-Sucker Punch
-Superpower
-Icy Wind
Survives Drain Punch, and annihilates you with Drill Peck even with a defense boost. Outspeeds by one point.
Actually...if my calculations are correct, that wouldn't work if I had my def boost. You'd only hit me for about 249 max, which I do believe isn't enough to take me out for a 1HKO. And if you include the def boost, you'd be forced to include the atk boost, which is DEFINITELY a 1HKO against you. If I did my math correctly, I think I saw mine hitting somewhere in the 600s or something w/o strict damage clause.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Staraptor @ Chesto Berry
Adamant/Intimidate
124hp/252attack/124speed
BraveBird
CloseCombat
GigaImpact
QuickAttack

Sucky moves, I know. But it still stops Gallade.
If you use Hypnosis, the Berry activates, and I'll still kill you.
If you use Drain-Punch, you won't have a chance of an instant kill.
If you use Bulk-Up, you'll still never instantly kill.
If you use Night-Slash, you have an even less chance of killing.

Let us also remember that you are outsped easily, and killed instantly by BraveBird. :p Close Combat stops steel-types from walling, and Giga-Impact is a hard as heck hit. I'm waiting for a Ghost-Type that can survive the hard hits and counter attack with Special-Attacks.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Actually...if my calculations are correct, that wouldn't work if I had my def boost. You'd only hit me for about 249 max, which I do believe isn't enough to take me out for a 1HKO. And if you include the def boost, you'd be forced to include the atk boost, which is DEFINITELY a 1HKO against you. If I did my math correctly, I think I saw mine hitting somewhere in the 600s or something w/o strict damage clause.
Honchcrow STAB super-effective Life Orb Drill peck from 383 attack v. 249 def (that's what it reaches after the boost) and 277 HP: min 124.19% (344 damage)

Even If you get the boost:
STAB Drain Punch from 574 Attack v. 140 def and 385 HP: max 81% (312 damage)

pokemondude

Smash Rookie
Raichu@Thunder Plate
Bashful/Static
124 Defense/124 Attack/ 212 Sp. Attack
Thunder
Thunder Bolt
Volt Tackle
Rain Dance

Raichu would Rain Dance/Thunder combo and if that wasn't enough Thunder Bolt/ Volt Tackle would win the battle

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
Raichu@Thunder Plate
Bashful/Static
124 Defense/124 Attack/ 212 Sp. Attack
Thunder
Thunder Bolt
Volt Tackle
Rain Dance

Raichu would Rain Dance/Thunder combo and if that wasn't enough Thunder Bolt/ Volt Tackle would win the battle
Invalid counter. Doesn't even outspeed Staraptor. Not to mention that it can't safely switch in since all but quick attack take at least 60% and quick attack takes the last 40%.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
So... what now? Am I waiting for someone to counter my Staraptor? Or do I need to counter Honchcrow? I'm fine with either one. Next poster can decide.

c3gill

Smash Ace
So... what now? Am I waiting for someone to counter my Staraptor? Or do I need to counter Honchcrow? I'm fine with either one. Next poster can decide.
Honchkrow is up- and I really wish that raichu would have worked, so i coulda used Diglett :050:

WouW

Smash Lord
Staraptor @ Chesto Berry
Adamant/Intimidate
124hp/252attack/124speed
BraveBird
CloseCombat
GigaImpact
QuickAttack

Sucky moves, I know. But it still stops Gallade.
If you use Hypnosis, the Berry activates, and I'll still kill you.
If you use Drain-Punch, you won't have a chance of an instant kill.
If you use Bulk-Up, you'll still never instantly kill.
If you use Night-Slash, you have an even less chance of killing.

Let us also remember that you are outsped easily, and killed instantly by BraveBird. :p Close Combat stops steel-types from walling, and Giga-Impact is a hard as heck hit. I'm waiting for a Ghost-Type that can survive the hard hits and counter attack with Special-Attacks.

Not to hate, but your recent posts are kinda annoying.

Cloyster @ Leftovers
Adamant/Shell Armor
252Atk/252HP/4Def
Avalanche
Payback
Surf
Ice Shard

Fear my ability to take two Close Combats and still live and OHKO with Avalanche.
Not ghost, nor rock or steel, nor Specially-oriented. There.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
@ Cloyster:
Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful/Clear Body
4 HP/252 ATK/252 SDEF
-Curse
-Thunder Punch
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake.
Surf does max 17.22%. 3 curses makes Thunder Punch a guaranteed 2HKO.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Marowak
Adamant
Thick Club
252 ATK 212 DEF 44 Spe
EARTHQUAKE
Swords Dance
Stone Edge
Fire Punch

You cant even 3HKO me while I OHKO you with EQ and i outspeed by 1 point

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Claydol @ Leftovers
Modest/Levitate
4 Hp/252 Def/252 SpAtk
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-Calm Mind
-Toxic

Fire Punch inflicts max 44.66%, and I outspeed and comfortably 2HKO with Ice Beam.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Milotic@Choice SPecs
MODEST
SpecATK 252 SPECDEF 252 HP 4
ICEBEAM
Dang you and your quick sets. -.-

I was just about to post something MUCH more legitimate as a counter, but then you went and did that. D: Oh well. I think it will work on yours too though, so yay.

Articuno@Leftovers
Calm/Pressure
252 HP/4 DEF/252 SDEF
-Ice Beam
-Substitute
-Swagger
-Toxic

Ugh...stupid choice specs. When I first posted this, I completely forgot about it. -.- Oh well. I think this still works...sort of. Swagger first turn, then toxic. After that, I guess I'd just sub and swag until he dies from either poison or hurting himself on overpowered self-hitting confusions. I'm not entirely sure on this, though. I don't really know how I could test this out legitimately (I don't know anyone on Shoddy that'd let it happen. :\).

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Dang you and your quick sets. -.-

I was just about to post something MUCH more legitimate as a counter, but then you went and did that. D: Oh well. I think it will work on yours too though, so yay.

Articuno@Leftovers
Bold/Pressure
252 HP/4 DEF/252 SDEF
-Ice Beam
-Substitute
-Swagger
-Toxic

First turn sub, second turn swagger. I don't know the odds of making it past confusion (I never looked it up...but I think I will now), but I do know that the sub can at least last until I put up the swagger, and then after that, if you were to hit me I'd just put up another sub on the next turn and follow up with toxic. Ice beam is just there for STAB and a bit of extra damage.
Aww... I was going to counter Milotic with max HP/ max special defense calm Luvdisc with toxic/protect... only takes 27.75 percent from Ice Beam...

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Aww... I was going to counter Milotic with max HP/ max special defense calm Luvdisc with toxic/protect... only takes 27.75 percent from Ice Beam...
Lol, well I actually need to make one more edit to that if you were going to counter. I forgot to change its nature to something that would allow it to counter the Milotic a little easier (AKA Calm).

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Just tested the Articuno. He is most definitely a counter, so he's up. :)

And I don't know if it matters or not, but when the battle ended Articuno was at 90% of its health and still working behind a fully active sub. I haven't figured out yet exactly how you apply buffers for when your counter comes in, so I thought I'd include this tidbit just in case.

WouW

Smash Lord
You get one turn to set up. For example, Articuno switches in, and gets one turn to Substitute while I switch in. You then have 81% health and a sub and I have my counter.

Vs. Articuno:

Armaldo @ Lum Berry
Jolly/Battle Armor
252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Rock Blast
X-Scissor
Aqua Tail
Superpower

Outspeeds. If you sub, you're dead unless Rock Blast hits only two times. Even then, I can take a hit or two and kill you next turn.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
You get one turn to set up. For example, Articuno switches in, and gets one turn to Substitute while I switch in. You then have 81% health and a sub and I have my counter.

Vs. Articuno:

Armaldo @ Lum Berry
Jolly/Battle Armor
252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Rock Blast
X-Scissor
Aqua Tail
Superpower

Outspeeds. If you sub, you're dead unless Rock Blast hits only two times. Even then, I can take a hit or two and kill you next turn.
Alrighty. Thanks for the info. :) It didn't say in the OP, so I figured I'd ask.

Vs. Armaldo:

Slowbro@Tanga Berry
Quiet/Own Tempo
252 HP/104 DEF/152 SATK (0 SPE IV)
-Surf
-Psychic
-Slack Off
-Trick Room

Outspeeds after trick room, and Surf 1HKOs. Armaldo can 3HKO at best with X-Scissor, so no matter the order, it still works out.

EDIT: There...sorry about that. In my own logic, I'd just let the Articuno die and then bring out a threat so I don't risk the double hit. Thus, my original logic. This set counters now, though. Tanga berry is a surprise factor, but a viable one for Slowbro if he were to ever carry a super-effective berry for protection, especially considering the amount of people with Scizor in OU.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Vs. Slowbro
Shiftry @ Life Orb
Nasty Plot
Extrasensory
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast

Surf hits for max 36%, and I outspeed and 1HKO after a nasty plot.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Vs. Slowbro
Shiftry @ Life Orb
Nasty Plot
Extrasensory
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
I will go ahead and assume no EVs and a neutral nature, as none is listed.... sooooo....

Butterfree @ Leftovers
Compound Eyes : Modest
252 Speed / 252 Sp Atk / 4 HP
Stun Spore
Bug Buzz
HP Water
Psychic

You dont OHKO, and thanks to a lack of EVs I outspeed and OHKO. I wanted to use Sleep Powder / Dream Eater, but how many turns would we assume you are asleep for? I think we need to discuss that topic....

WouW

Smash Lord
We've once decided (well... decided?) that it should be average, so two or three turns. As for which, we could debate all we want. I personally think that three turns is too much as that would make it too easy.

I vote for two.

Vs. Butterfree:

Mothim @ Life Orb
Timid/Swarm
252SpA/252Spe/4HP
Air Slash
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball

My bug > your bug.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Oh wow my bad lol.

Vs. Slowbro
Shiftry @ Life Orb
Modest/Chlorophyll
4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe

Nasty Plot
Extrasensory
Dark Pulse
Focus Blast
Is the set I meant to post. Sorry, I was tired.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Should you guys go and check to make sure that all of your counters still properly outspeed and kill? And I think it should be a rule that if a counter doesn't have all of the information needed to counter up, that it should be completely ignored in the future. Just so that the game can keep rolling.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Should you guys go and check to make sure that all of your counters still properly outspeed and kill? And I think it should be a rule that if a counter doesn't have all of the information needed to counter up, that it should be completely ignored in the future. Just so that the game can keep rolling.
If a person doesnt bother to EV train, i plan on taking advantage of it. ****, I used Butterfree as a counter- its his loss. Im happy atm :)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
If I must...

Blaziken @ Coba Berry
Jolly/Blaze
114hp/252attack/144speed
SwordDance
BlazeKick
Thunderpunch
Sky Uppercut

Would the Enigma Berry be usable in situations where a super-effective move would instantly kill you? Just curious, since I kinda wanted to use it for this set. The Coba berry works just as well though, since the only move that you can use to instantly kill is Air-Slash, which the Coba Berry lets Blaziken comfortably sit through. Nothing else is even close to being able to 1 hit kill, and the given Evs lets Blaziken outspeed by 1 point, letting an instant-kill Blaze-Kick to come forth.

Poor Phoenix.... so beautiful, yet so fragile.... please, when you counter her, make it as quick as possible.... poor Phoenix.... I'm about to cry... DON'T COUNTER HER YET! LET HER HAVE TIME TO LIVE! WHY MUST THE GOOD DIE YOUNG!?! ;.; But seriously, piss-poor defenses means that most, if not all enemies, that can survive the first hit and then retaliate with 1 blow (please just 1, guys...) will knock her out in a second. ;.; Poor Phoenix...

WouW

Smash Lord
Vs. Blaziken:

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Jolly/Iron Fist
252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Close Combat
Ice Punch
Thunderpunch
Fire Punch

Don't worry dear, after I'm finished (after one outspeeding turn) it won't hurt. At all.

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
Vs. Hitmonchan:

Mesprit @ Leftovers
Modest/Levitate
252HP/252SAtk/4Def
Calm Mind
Psychic
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

You fail to 3HKO, and I can 1HKO with Psychic.

WouW

Smash Lord
Marowak has 76.53% chance of being 2HKOed by Fire Blast, before you can attack. Your counter fails.
lol at think club :p
Also, you forgot the ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom