• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Counter Game: Read the **** Rules or the Thread Get's Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Jumpluff @ Occa Berry
Hasty/Leaf Guard
252Spe/252SpA/4HP
Sleep Powder
HP Rock
Solarbeam
Aerial Ace

Hello :) Do I look familiar?
:flame:
A) You are so lucky that I didn't use a Modest Nature and Fireblast or Blastburn, or else you'd have been burned alive easily.

B) Sceptile @ Lum Berry
Naive/Overgrow
78hp/252specialattack/180speed
Energy Ball
Hidden Power Ice
Earthquake
Dragon Pulse

And C)I thought anything above a 70% was sure to hit, and that 50% was every other turn. I also thought that sleep was to be a 2 turn bit, ever since the first Jumpluff (Wouw seems to like fighting Fire with Jumpluff).

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Jumpluff can use Sleep Powder twice >.>

On the switch, then after Lum berry is removed.

This is me assuming Pluff is naturally faster.

WouW

Smash Lord
Sceptile outspeeds Jumpluff by 3 points.

Sceptile @ Lum Berry
Naive/Overgrow
78hp/252specialattack/180speed
Energy Ball
Hidden Power Ice
Earthquake
Dragon Pulse

You're lucky I didn't use Chlorophyll, else you'd still be outsped and brought to sleep.

Purugly @ Life Orb
Jolly/Thick Fat
252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Fake Out
Last Resort

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Magneton @ LO
Magnet Pull / Modest
72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Metal Sound
Magnet Rise
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
You're lucky I didn't use Chlorophyll, else you'd still be outsped and brought to sleep.
I also could have used a Burn-Orb Guts Swellow and won with similar results.

Also, who is suppost to be countered now? Magneton or Munchlax? I'm confused as to who the current target is.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
I'm almost certain that Magneton was OU in the last Russemfrilg count.
Wait, how the hell is Magneton OU? Magnezone>Magneton. And wtf is this Russemfrilg stuff?

The current counter is Magneton until Platypus can explain himself.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Magneton @ LO
Magnet Pull / Modest
72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Metal Sound
Magnet Rise
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power Ice
Camerupt @ Leftovers
Naive / Solid Rock
252hp/252specialattack/6speed
Rock Polish
Flame Thrower
Earth Power
Stone Edge

Hidden Power Ice fails to 2 hit kill. I either burn you to death or ...whatever Earth Power does to you.... to death. Has anyone ever sat down and thought "How the heck does this move work? How does a Pokemon Polish itself to speed up? How does a Pokemon actually Explode? What triggers the impulses to cough up Sludge? How do you get Lightning to come out of your hand and Punch some one?".

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I don't think that's a counter.

If I Metal Sound you on the switch, HP Ice (consider the maxed out/positive nature spAtk and LO) does 93.24% - 109.61%. The average damage I'll be doing is then 101.43% lol.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Whatever you used to calculate is weird. This is what I got:

Magneton having 252 Evs and a Modest Nature gives it 372 Attack Power.
Camerupt with 0 Evs and a Naive nature gives it 167 Defense Points.
Magneton uses Metal Sound the first turn lowers my defense 2 points.
Magneton uses Hidden Power Ice, with a base 70 power, doing neutral damage against a Camerupt (Ice verses Ground/Fire). Magneton is also equiped with a Life-Orb.

372 Atk vs 83 Def & 344 HP (70 Base Power): 292 - 344 (84.88% - 100.00%)

Oh snap, there is a small chance that if you did completely and absolutely max damage that you might get the kill. Shift Camerupt's last 4 evs from it's speed into it's special defense, and the chance becomes comletely 0 (although I still feel that this counter is acceptable as is).

372 Atk vs 84 Def & 344 HP (70 Base Power): 289 - 340 (84.01% - 98.84%)

So, if you really want to be that anal about the uber small chance, Counter:

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Naive/Solid Rock
252hp/252specialattack/4specialdefense
Flamethrower
EarthPower
Stone Edge
Rock Polish

WouW

Smash Lord
Why on earth are you using Naive anyway? You make yourself more vulnerable and +speed with no EVs doesn't make you outspeed much if anything.

Vs. Camerupt:

Ambipom @ Life Orb
Modest/Technician
252SpA/252Spe/4Def
Water Pulse
Shock Wave
Swift
Nasty Plot

EDIT:
I'm almost certain that Magneton was OU in the last Russemfrilg. = Ru/sa/em/fr/lg
Just decoded that in the process. Also, no previous tier lists or other gen lists are taken into account. Doing that is just freaking stupid.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Why on earth are you using Naive anyway? You make yourself more vulnerable and +speed with no EVs doesn't make you outspeed much if anything.

Vs. Camerupt:

Ambipom @ Life Orb
Modest/Technician
252SpA/252Spe/4Def
Water Pulse
Shock Wave
Swift
Nasty Plot

EDIT:
Just decoded that in the process. Also, no previous tier lists or other gen lists are taken into account. Doing that is just freaking stupid.

The same reason I thought that a Burn Orb Swellow would have countered that motha-frigging Jumpluff. My brain is officially dead. :p

Torterra @ Life Orb
Adamant/Overgrow
252attack/44specialdefense/214speed
Seed Bomb
Earth Quake
Stone Edge
Rock Polish

I'm still brain dead, but I feel that this dude works just fine.

And yeah, Magneton was OU before it had an evolution. That was a nice way to try to be crazy and misleading, Platupus.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
So, if you really want to be that anal about the uber small chance
I don't think that's a counter.

If I Metal Sound you on the switch, HP Ice (consider the maxed out/positive nature spAtk and LO) does 93.24% - 109.61%. The average damage I'll be doing is then 101.43% lol.
I don't see how I'm being anal. Regardless if I was wrong or right, the fact that I came up with 101.43% seems reasonable enough for me to post.

Also, it appears I should stop using Metalkid's calculator despite how popular it is (assuming you used a much more legit one) xD
And yeah, Magneton was OU before it had an evolution. That was a nice way to try to be crazy and misleading, Platupus.
Yup, Magneton was OU until D/P came out.

Which is the game that's being currently played...
And has been out for awhile now...

Still can't see how one can believe both Magnezone and Magneton being OU xD

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
I don't see how I'm being anal. Regardless if I was wrong or right, the fact that I came up with 101.43% seems reasonable enough for me to post.

Also, it appears I should stop using Metalkid's calculator despite how popular it is (assuming you used a much more legit one) xD

Yup, Magneton was OU until D/P came out.

Which is the game that's being currently played...
And has been out for awhile now...

Still can't see how one can believe both Magnezone and Magneton being OU xD
I only ment that because on pretty much any other calculator (Metalkid's is a little flawed, although the one I use neglects Clampearl's Deepseatooth, so I can't say it is perfect), the results aren't quite as bloated. There would only be that one little chance for Camerupt to have lost against Magneton without any defensive evs and with a negative nature. That was what I was comenting the analosity of.

I didn't need to be rude though. Sorry dude. And for the record, since I can't keep up with you guys without using a calculator of my own, this one works pretty good. http://www.ownpurpose.com/libelldra/damage_calculator.html I'm willing to work a scenario on paper (like with my Mamoswine set), but when it comes to the fast paced world of the Pokemon Counter Game Thread, I prefer to be able to get my results quite quickly. If you need a way to calculate stats, the stat calculator (which I always use for everything) on Psypokes.com works pretty good too.

Also, I can believe Magneton and Magnezone being OU together. Everyone loves Magnets! You can't get enough of the suckers! Even Team Rocket has used Magnets every now and then! And one of the Movie Villains had an Army of Magnets! Everyone loves Magnets!

supermarth64

Smash Ace
You see, this is why I tell people to stop using Metalkid's. He got way too lazy to fix his.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Torterra Counter:

Abomasnow @ Choice Specs
Quiet / Snow Warning
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Avalanche
- HP Rock

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
@ Abomasnow

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Modest / Snow Warning
40 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat
- Roost

Pretty much just speeding in an overheat for the OHKO, pretty sure he'd survive one blizzard.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Torterra Counter:

Abomasnow @ Choice Specs
Quiet / Snow Warning
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Avalanche
- HP Rock
@ Abomasnow

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Modest / Snow Warning
40 Def / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat
- Roost

Pretty much just speeding in an overheat for the OHKO, pretty sure he'd survive one blizzard.
Neither one of those counters works. Abomasnow will not enjoy being nailed by Stone Edge. Neither will Moltress. And kids, please remember that Choice Pokemon are automatically invalidated if their moves aren't workable. Abomasnow's Wood Hammer wouldn't beat Torterra anyway in a battle, and Moltres' Will-o-Wisp and Roost wouldn't work either. Also, U-Turn is banned from this thread period. Boys, please read the rules on the very first page of this thread. ungulatedman, I know I gave you tips that would have advised completely against this counter....

Greenstreet

Smash Champion

Yeah I'm definitely not gonna pretend I read the first page.. But I guess neither Will-o-wisp or U-turn were essential to the counter...o well. We are still countering Torterra then?

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
There is too high of a chance that Abomasnow gets killed as it switches in, not to mention that it is easily outspeed and hit again for a definite kill, not to mention that one of it's moves null and voids it (Wood Hammer wouldn't work against any move but maybe Seed Bomb and Rock Polish), for Abomasnow to work. Torterra is still to be countered.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Well, its clear I dont play enough Pokemon or enough Shoddy to know what I am doing... sooo... I'll just give it another shot...

@Torterra

Jynx @ Leftovers
Quiet / Forewarn
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spd
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

WouW

Smash Lord
Jynx gets OHKOed on the switch, once again by Stone Edge.

Also, if Reaper or Zook anybody with mod powers here sees this, then edit in that
Choice Items are officially BANNED.

Ugh.

Vs. Torterra:

Walrein @ Leftovers
Modest/Thick Fat
252SpA/144Spe/112HP
Ice Beam
Surf
Toxic
HP Electric

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Jynx gets OHKOed on the switch, once again by Stone Edge.

Also, if Reaper or Zook anybody with mod powers here sees this, then edit in that
Choice Items are officially BANNED.

Ugh.

Vs. Torterra:

Walrein @ Leftovers
Modest/Thick Fat
252SpA/144Spe/112HP
Ice Beam
Surf
Toxic
HP Electric
Come on... you're really going to let a couple of newbs take away choice Items? Some people can actually use them well?

Hitmonlee @ Choice Band
Jolly/Limber
6hp/252attack/252speed
Brick Break

But if you're really adamant about the banning of Choice Items (If people would just read the rules on Page 1, that would keep things like this from happening, and I guarantee people will still horribly screw over their counters by not reading this page, not just the choice rule):

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Jolly/Limber
6hp/252attack/252speed
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Blaze Kick
Bulk Up

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Man, I suck pokeballs at this... O well, no worries.
You will get it in time. It just takes some practice. Here is what you should remember though:

If you are countering an enemy, that enemy has 1 full turn to attack you or use a stat boosting or inhibiting move as you switch in (since that is how this game works, you have to Counter, not Revenge Kill). So, your creature has to be able to take a hit and then win (since that is how most of the counters work, although being able to stall your enemy out forever can work just as well).

If you are using a Choice Item (assuming Wouw is willing to let people try it again), any and all moves that are used MUST work against the counter. This isn't a game where you can just post the sets you find on websites for Choice Pokemon. Those sets are usually for when you have a team, and status effects on Choice Scarf Pokemon is normally good then. But if you are locked into your Willowisp, you aren't going to beat anything.

Metalkid's Damage Calculator is ********, so don't use it.

And there are lots of moves that are banned from this scenario on the first page, moves like Clamp, Explosion, U-Turn, Block, OdorSleuth, Metronome, and the like.

And also, you need to have a COMPLETE counter. You can't have -filler as one of your moves. You have to fully decide on your moveset. And you can't have multiple items and moves. Also, if your creature lacks evs, we will kill you for it.

Good luck!

WouW

Smash Lord
Come on... you're really going to let a couple of newbs take away choice Items? Some people can actually use them well?
Key word: Some. And those that can use those don't use them that often.

But if you're really adamant about the banning of Choice Items (If people would just read the rules on Page 1, that would keep things like this from happening, and I guarantee people will still horribly screw over their counters by not reading this page, not just the choice rule)
The problem is, those people don't. Otherwise I wouldn't need to ban them in the first place, because nobody would use them wrong.
Also, I posted that I wanted someone to edit that in. (And it would also be nice if the subtitle was changed to 'read the rules' or something.)

But really, over half the time Choiced counters are failures. Seems reason enough to ban them to me.

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Jolly/Limber
6hp/252attack/252speed
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Blaze Kick
Bulk Up

I'll just counter this one, since this one has at least more than 2 secs of though in it; also, the other one had a small chance to fail to OHKO, and I'd 2HKO.

Crobat @ Charti Berry
Jolly/Inner Focus
252Spe/252Atk/4HP
Hypnosis
Fly
Cross Poison
X-Scissor

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Key word: Some. And those that can use those don't use them that often.

The problem is, those people don't. Otherwise I wouldn't need to ban them in the first place, because nobody would use them wrong.
Also, I posted that I wanted someone to edit that in. (And it would also be nice if the subtitle was changed to 'read the rules' or something.)

But really, over half the time Choiced counters are failures. Seems reason enough to ban them to me.

I'll just counter this one, since this one has at least more than 2 secs of though in it; also, the other one had a small chance to fail to OHKO, and I'd 2HKO.

Crobat @ Charti Berry
Jolly/Inner Focus
252Spe/252Atk/4HP
Hypnosis
Fly
Cross Poison
X-Scissor
I guess I can understand your reasoning behind baning them... oh well, I wanted to kill another Choice Scarf Eruption Typhlosion with my Thick Fat Hariyama. I still wish that we could allow people that do know what they are doing to still use them at will... like maybe give people 2 chances to use a Choice Item right before they aren't allowed to use it anymore.... Doesn't hurt me too much though, since like you said, most people that truly can use them right can easily make do without.

Hey, can Pokemon that use Trick still use Choice Items? Just out of curiosity. And also, I had to edit the first one down a few stages. I was going to try to use Stone Edge with an Adamant Nature as well... but I thought "Eh Screw it" and went with a Jolly Nature and just Brick Break. It actually did have a little more thought put into it. It is just simpler.

To Crobat:

Banette @ Leftovers
Modest/Insomnia
4hp/252defense/252specialattack
Thunder
ShadowBall
Hidden Power Fire
Knock Off

Yay for being immune to Hypnosis, and resistant to Cross Poison and X-Scissor! If you Fly into the air, I'll guarantee a heck of a lot of Electrical Interference. :p Stinking Young WhiperSnapers ruining our Choice-Item Pokemon! I'll get you for this, you meddling kids! You and your dog too! (Arcanine "Woof?")

DonkeyKongUh

Smash Cadet
Banette @ Leftovers
Modest/Insomnia
4hp/252defense/252specialattack
Thunder
ShadowBall
Hidden Power Fire
Knock Off
Houndoom @ Leftovers
Timid/flash fire
40 hp / 252 SpA / 216 speed
Nasty plot
Dark pulse
First blast
Hidden power fighting

Flash fire boosts fire power from HP fire, knock off doesn't do much, it has solid special defense stat. It resists shadow ball and takes neutral damage from thunder. Dark pulse is a super effective stab. Prbly 1hkos even before a nasty plot.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Houndoom @ Leftovers
Timid/flash fire
40 hp / 252 SpA / 216 speed
Nasty plot
Dark pulse
First blast
Hidden power fighting

Flash fire boosts fire power from HP fire, knock off doesn't do much, it has solid special defense stat. It resists shadow ball and takes neutral damage from thunder. Dark pulse is a super effective stab. Prbly 1hkos even before a nasty plot.
I bet a kid like this can probably use Choice Items correctly. I haven't seen him in a while, and yet he easily produces a perfect counter with no problem.

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Adamant/Swift Swim
4hp/252attack/252speed
Waterfall
IcePunch
Return
Rain Dance

Lets see... Fireblast does reduced damage... Hidden Power Fighting does inferior damage compared to Stab Dark Pulse.... and Admitedly, Dark Pulse is a 2 hit kill, or 1 hit after a Nasty Plot.. but then again, you may be fast, but I am indeed faster. And there is no question that my Adamant Life-Orb Stab Super Effective Waterfall will fail to instantly kill your Devil Dog.

I think it is better to use Life Orb instead of Leftovers on a Sweeper. Leftovers might be good on a staller, but when you want to power up and deal damage, you might want to just use LifeOrb. It's not like the counter will last too long anyway.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Floatzel @ Life Orb
Adamant/Swift Swim
4hp/252attack/252speed
Waterfall
IcePunch
Return
Rain Dance

Lets see... Fireblast does reduced damage... Hidden Power Fighting does inferior damage compared to Stab Dark Pulse.... and Admitedly, Dark Pulse is a 2 hit kill, or 1 hit after a Nasty Plot.. but then again, you may be fast, but I am indeed faster. And there is no question that my Adamant Life-Orb Stab Super Effective Waterfall will fail to instantly kill your Devil Dog.

I think it is better to use Life Orb instead of Leftovers on a Sweeper. Leftovers might be good on a staller, but when you want to power up and deal damage, you might want to just use LifeOrb. It's not like the counter will last too long anyway.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Modest / Marvel Scale
252 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpA
-Surf
-HP Electric
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Undanced Waterfall does 339 Atk vs 254 Def & 394 HP (80 Base Power): 75 - 88 (19.04% - 22.34%)
Danced Waterfall does 339 Atk vs 254 Def & 394 HP (80 Base Power): 111 - 131 (28.17% - 33.25%)
Ice Punch does 339 Atk vs 254 Def & 394 HP (75 Base Power): 47 - 55 (11.93% - 13.96%)
Return does 339 Atk vs 254 Def & 394 HP (102 Base Power): 127 - 150 (32.23% - 38.07%) (Go roll max damage 3 times.)

HP Electric does 264 Atk vs 136 Def & 312 HP (70 Base Power): 196 - 232 (62.82% - 74.36%)

For lolz:
Undanced Surf does 264 Atk vs 136 Def & 312 HP (95 Base Power): 99 - 117 (31.73% - 37.50%)
Danced Surf does 264 Atk vs 136 Def & 312 HP (95 Base Power): 148 - 174 (47.44% - 55.77%)

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Milotic @ Leftovers
Modest / Marvel Scale
-Surf
-HP Electric
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Undanced Waterfall does 339 Atk vs 254 Def & 394 HP (80 Base Power): 75 - 88 (19.04% - 22.34%)
Danced Waterfall does 339 Atk vs 254 Def & 394 HP (80 Base Power): 111 - 131 (28.17% - 33.25%)
Ice Punch does 339 Atk vs 254 Def & 394 HP (75 Base Power): 47 - 55 (11.93% - 13.96%)
Return does 339 Atk vs 254 Def & 394 HP (102 Base Power): 127 - 150 (32.23% - 38.07%) (Go roll max damage 3 times.)

HP Electric does 264 Atk vs 136 Def & 312 HP (70 Base Power): 196 - 232 (62.82% - 74.36%)

For lolz:
Undanced Surf does 264 Atk vs 136 Def & 312 HP (95 Base Power): 99 - 117 (31.73% - 37.50%)
Danced Surf does 264 Atk vs 136 Def & 312 HP (95 Base Power): 148 - 174 (47.44% - 55.77%)
See, these people can use Choice Items correctly... do we really need to ban them because a few novices who break rules anyway (U-Turn being banned *cough cough*) can't use them right? Most of the newb's counters fail anyway...

Raikou @ Life Orb
Modest/Pressure
4hp/252specialattack/252speed
Calm Mind
Thunder
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Fighting

Yay for being able to perfectly Thunder the next 4 rounds! Yay for Raikou being bulky enough to take a Stab Weather Boosted Surf and still kill with Thunder! Yay for almost getting ready to go to Florida! Yay in General! Yay!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Milotic @ Leftovers
Modest / Marvel Scale
-Surf
-HP Electric
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
Roserade @ Leftovers
Timid / Natural Cure
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Grass Knot
-HP Fire

Hm... looks like it works.

EDIT: **** ninjas.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Chansey @ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Gentle / Natural Cure
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy
-Seismic Toss
-Ice Beam

Basically, Chansey does a Blissey impersonation and lols at your moves, except maybe Thunder, which may miss. I can stall you until you run out of PP, or Seismic Toss you to death. Ice Beam is coverage.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
Chansey @ Leftovers
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Gentle / Natural Cure
-Softboiled
-Aromatherapy
-Seismic Toss
-Ice Beam

Basically, Chansey does a Blissey impersonation and lols at your moves, except maybe Thunder, which may miss. I can stall you until you run out of PP, or Seismic Toss you to death. Ice Beam is coverage.
The rules of the Counter Game note that moves above 70% accuracy are guaranted to hit. So, Thunder is fine and dandy. I am glad that you actually did post a successful counter. It's about time, dude! :p

Absol @ Muscle Band
Adamant/Pressure
4hp/252attack/252speed
Sword Dance
Sucker Punch
Super Power
Psycho Cut

Can someone verify this for me? Because if my calculator is working properly, I'm doing over one thousand damage to Chansey with one Super Power.... If I am right, these are the exact statistics: 394 Atk vs 42 Def & 704 HP (132 Base Power): 1770 - 2084 (251.42% - 296.02%). Dang. Soft-Boiled through that!

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
Ouchie.

Let's try:

Gallade @ Life Orb
Adamant / Steadfast
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
-Close Combat
-Psycho Cut
-Night Slash
-Swords Dance

All your attacks are neutral damage or worse, I can SD along with you and CC your *** because I'm faster.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Gallade @ Life Orb
Adamant / Steadfast
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
-Close Combat
-Psycho Cut
-Night Slash
-Swords Dance
Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Careful / Pressure
252 HP / 140 SpA / 100 Def / 16 SpD
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp

Spiritomb laughs at Close Combat and Psycho Cut. Night Slash is neutral and unSTABed. I Will-o-Wisp if you Dance, Pain Split if I'm damaged, and wear you down with Shadow Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom