• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Diddy Community General Guide - F-Smash Discussion

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
The NEW General Diddy Guide

Moveset Discussion

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
-=-=-= F-Smash =-=-=-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Discuss Diddy's Jab and its place in competitive play.

Things to discuss:

1) Rate the move from 1 to 5 in terms of overall usefulness.
2) Discuss any combos that utilize this move (these can be MU specific).
3) Discuss when is the appropriate time to use the move.
4) Share any tips or tricks you know regarding the move.

Player-1

Smash Legend
disagree dekar. fsmash is a great kill move. Read below:

1. 3.75/5

2. Banana > fsmash, that's about it.

3. Fsmash is a good move all around in the sense that it is good for both damage racking and killing. I normally keep track of how often I use it and when I last hit with it so I can know if it's fresh or not and if it's not then I opt for dsmash. It's a GREAT move if your opponent is at the ledge because there is not much they can do. If they shield it the first hit pushes them off of the stage and the 2nd hit will hit them and what's good about this is that since you're at the very edge of the stage it has a good chance of killing early.

4. As said before, fsmash is great at the edge since it pushes your opponents off of the stage with the first hit if they shield and hits them with the second hit. It's a great move for punishing airdodges as well. One of the bad things about this move though is that opponents can DI the first hit of fsmash to get out of the 2nd hit so sometimes it's better just to dsmash.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Or you can just dsmash? Easier, and you can buffer the charge after a trip.

Seriously, even if they don't DI out all they have to do is hold down and away and they can tech it > punish.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Dsmash doesn't have as much knockback nor does it give as much damage nor does it cover a good amount of scenarios fsmash does and if dsmash is stale then fsmash is the next best thing.

Dekar173

Justice Man
If someone DIs out, or even just DIs it into the ground, they can punish you.

If you try to push someone off the ledge, they can typically punish in between first and second hits by shield DIing towards you > buffering a grab

If you're properly spacing it to just hit with the second hit, a charged dsmash has better killpower.

Protip:

Enemy has ****ty SDI/reactions? Fsmash ALL DAY.

Enemy has great SDI/reactions? Dsmash

Player-1

Smash Legend
THey can't ISSDI > grab you because there's not enough time to do it.

You can charge an fsmash as well.

This is essentially what I'm saying:
Protip:

Enemy has ****ty SDI/reactions? Fsmash ALL DAY.

Enemy has great SDI/reactions? Dsmash
The day the majority of players start DIing out of Fsmash on a regular basis is the day that I stop using it.

T-block

B2B TST
I completely misread your post yay

Anyways, f-smash does more damage than d-smash, right? I tend to end banana combos with f-smash unless I'm going for the kill.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I completely misread your post yay

Anyways, f-smash does more damage than d-smash, right? I tend to end banana combos with f-smash unless I'm going for the kill.
Yes, it does, and that is what I do; I tend to use F-Smash to rack damage and use D-Smash/F-Tilt/U-Tilt/F-Air to kill (depending on what is stale or not).

F-Smash is certainly a good kill move, but the person I play against the most at UA can SDI out of it consistently.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Like u already said, it's Diddy's best kill move vs someone that can't SDI out of it...

Top Bottom