• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*** The New General Smashbros.com Thread *** (Read This First)

Ned

Smash Rookie
Woah...

Falcon Sighting!
I cannot tell that is Falcon O_O Falcon is probably in, considering there is a Falcon Assist Trophy, so I guess it KINDA looks like Falcon. If you look at it for a little bit.

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
@Ned: Falcon probably in? OF COURSE HE IS IN! DID YOU EVER DOBUT IT????? and if that one in the video is
C.falcon i'll eat my hat(s) (note: i'm not dobuting falcon is in i'm saying he's just not on teh trailer.)

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
You can see the helmet, face, hand and clothes. back away from the computer a little if you cant make out the picture. In the video he does a roll or something.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Overalls Wario

This is the standard Wario found in Smash.

Everyone can change colors, of course. But Wario alone is special...

Look! Wario is in overalls!

There may be some people who prefer this one. This is the "classic" Wario.

F-flab is poking out from his sides.

Choose him just like you would any of the other characters. This outfit appears after the six standard color variations.

Press the X or Y Button, or poke the pattern to change colors.

What’s more, this version has its own color variations. What a bonus.

Oh! Talk about individualized!

Man, talk about a filler update...

Anyways, yea, it's cool that we get an alternate costume for Wario, but why cant we get some for other characters?? it's almost like a slap in the face for those of us who wanted alt. costumes.

Hopefully im wrong and Sakurai really has implemented more costumes, after all, it doesn't really make sense that Wario should be the only one who gets an alt. costume, right?

Discuss

residentevilrulz

Smash Apprentice
that wasn't a filler update. That is ****ing awesome. I'm so glad because I was intially really pissed about the way wario looked for this game. Now I think I will actually use him. kick ***

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
i agree with the guy above, this update rocks! and probably sakurai is just mindgaming us and making alt costumes for other characters.

IceClimbersUser1

Smash Cadet
i actually liked this update, i was wondering wht the alt. costumes for wario were and i did not think they would do this! Does that mean that certain characters will have alt. costumes too. Dr. Mario! lol.

hopefully tomorrows update will be something good!

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
Alternate costumes has been debated for a while, its absence annoyed a lot of people. From there we can guess there will be more. A lot more. Not one for every character of course, but some variations on veterans and some series-heavy characters. Link needs something besides his tunic, Mario may get the raccoon outfit, etc. Have to admit that some characters just don't need the extra outfit. Bowser, DK, Zelda, Samus, they just don't have much variation visually in their games.

...But what if they throw in Naked Snake and one of the Sonic clones? Third parties may enjoy this more than the first party.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I am thinking that maybe one or two other character will get alt costumes, but Wario seems to be a special case.

RDK

Smash Hero
Seeing as how Christmas is celebrated in Japan, I don't see why Sakurai wouldn't give the world a little something special tomorrow.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
True but he might just not give us anything special... just because people are expecting it XD

Snakz

Smash Ace
Do you guys think if they made a few more alt. costumes for other characters, they would bother putting in announcer names for them?

For instance say Fox really does end up getting a Wolf alt. costume, do you think the announcer when the game is over should say "This game's winner is...Wolf!"?

Cause if not, then i dont see many alt. costumes being made for other characters seeing as how they would be completely different people.

RDK

Smash Hero
That would be stupid. The character is Fox, not Wolf. And there aren't going to be alternate costumes.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wait RDK is banned as well? whats going on?

anyway this update is another one of those meh updates, sure this opens up a possibility for more alts. like zora armor/magic armor link, light suit samus, and so on...
still, its very meh...

Snakz

Smash Ace
Sonic: Final Smash

<Super Sonic>

When talking about Sonic’s Final Smash, there is no other option than Super Sonic!

Use the power of the Chaos Emeralds to transform. Race through the air at reckless speed!

Get the Smash Ball!

Now I’ll show you!

Haaaaaaaaahhhhh!

He has tremendous inertia and is hard to control, but his top speed is top class!

Those who are witnessing this move should plan on dodging!

Whoa! Hold on!

I won’t take it!

If you boost your speed recklessly, you’ll pass by people too quickly, making it easier for them to dodge.

Speed control is important with this Final Smash.

And it’s over.

HA HA to all those who thought we'd get a special update for Christmas (I knew it wouldn't happen).

Still it's a little annoying to get rehashes, but at least it's not totally old, at least with the music (which brings back memories :), and it's great Sakurai put the original "Live and Learn" song in Brawl too), and im glad Sakurai acknowledged that Sonic's FS is hard to control, it certainly looked like it in the demo videos.

Discuss

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Then Ridley just flies by (While Sonic is in super mode) and kills him, in an explosion of yellow blood.

Top Bottom