• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new lubbock thread!

felix45

Smash Lord
so far I know alex and tyson are coming. hope to see you guys soon :)

Edit:

GGs yesterday everyone I had fun! If you wanna keep practicing with me for the tourney we are gonna throw (eventually lol) I'm free today and most of next week. finally catching a break before I start doing a lot of papers again T_T.

so yeah if you wanna play whenever just call me.

as for tourney date I don't care really, I'll let you two decide.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Great, I think it's good b/c I'm going to have a hell week after the break with our project for electrical engineering lab! When do we want to print out flyers or announcements?

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Hmmm not sure, i know for a fact of about 5-7 people i can bring, but we still need to hype it up. I honestly think we can get a good turn out.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Well, I could start making some flyers and someone can get permission to host it at any of the dorm lounges, I could ask at Bledsoe or Sneed.

Hmm, I just found we might lose potential participants because the OU game is on the 21st...

DYF

Smash Cadet
hey fellas!! im a smasher from the vegas area and might be visiting down there at some point to see a friend of mine. i was just wondering hows the smash scene over there? how often do you guys have tournaments? and also do you know any good places to get boba? :chuckle:

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
hey fellas!! im a smasher from the vegas area and might be visiting down there at some point to see a friend of mine. i was just wondering hows the smash scene over there? how often do you guys have tournaments? and also do you know any good places to get boba? :chuckle:

Bubble tea?

DYF

Smash Cadet
uhhh I could have a smashfest I suppose when you come, or maybe a tournament. when are you coming?
umm dont really know TBH, but i will for sure tell you guys when that is. that way we can smash it up =D melee or brawl! I dont mess around :chuckle:

Bubble tea?
haha yeah thats what i meant :chuckle:
i was just asking for mah friend she is convinced that there is no where in that town to get some. so i wanted to help her out and see if you guys knew of any of those places:)

felix45

Smash Lord
if anyone wants to play today I'd be up for it.

edit: if anyone plays TF2 I play all the time.
also L4D2 is coming out and I pre ordered it just now, 10% off and you get a hat in TF2 :)

you should all play the L4D2 Demo at least! its a lot of fun :)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I played brawl today against some of my friends from project lab and so far one of them has a really great kirby only he plays with items on, he's good though, he set up a trap with the fan and up-smashed me loads of times!

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Felix I didn't know you played Left4Dead! The first one was badass but I'm gonna have to crack the second one man. Also, Tekken 6 is out, so it is on the waiting list.

W

WesTheBest

Sweet I actually found a Lubbock thread! I've started playing brawl a lot recently, and never really thought about looking for people in Lubbock to play with until today. So if anyone is interested in smashing it up email me some info so we can get something going!

email is: dlux_1988@hotmail.com

I'm usually pretty free during the week, after my classes, and of course weekends are for slacking off XD

Also if anyone knows of any tournaments that go on in the area, please send me that info too

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Hey what's up, yeah we usually play at Felix's place on weekends so we'll email you or let us know here..
Are we still doing a tournament, I think we could just go ahead and set up, I just need to ask at the Bledsoe lounge if there's anything going on that weekend (besides the OU game), if we still are up for it that is.

W

WesTheBest

Okay yeah that sounds cool, if you guys play this weekend i'd like to come check it out, I'll keep checking this thread to see whats up

W

WesTheBest

I lived in Sneed Hall last year, now I live over in Lynwood townhomes, Wednesdays are hell, but I'm always done with class by 3 on thursdays and am done at noon on fridays. So maybe we can play a little bit sometime while I'm still on campus this week?

felix45

Smash Lord
Both days work for me, I am free after 3:30 thursday and after 12pm friday
where will we play though???

@alex -

"Are we still doing a tournament, I think we could just go ahead and set up, I just need to ask at the Bledsoe lounge if there's anything going on that weekend (besides the OU game), if we still are up for it that is."

sounds good to me. Like I said before though I dont want to do the fliers, but I'll host the thing and run it for you guys no problem. maybe we can talk about it next time we play?

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
No problem, that'll be good. Let's play friday! Oh, if any of you play Halo 3, there's supposed to be a tournament tonight around 6 @ Bledsoe...

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Hey, so there's going to be a video game night tomorrow here @ Bledsoe, if anyone is interested. I'll probably be taking a wii down there for brawl.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Yeah gg's indeed, teams in brawl and 64 were much more fun though! Sorry for not calling, I was working on physics, got a big test this week.

Ok, so does a tourney this upcoming weekend still sound like something we want to do? I can post flyers starting tomorrow if we want.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Alright, and we saw there were a few good players that friday night so we should have a decent turnout if people aren't all at the OU game this saturday. :)

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I don't know if we'll charge that much I was thinking $2 or $3 imo we don't want to scare people. It'll be held hopefully here at Bledsoe Hall, behind West Hall & Sneed.

Edit: Saturday @ 1pm, $3 entry sound alright guys?

Edit2: Guys, I'm starting to think the tourney may not have a decent turn-out, could we host it maybe on friday or maybe sunday, I'm still concerned about the OU game...

felix45

Smash Lord
I dont care when the tourney is held, friday, saturday, and sunday all work just fine. like I said before you guys pick. you should hurry up and decide though so you can print fliers. heck I even just now changed my mind, if you go put up fliers today after my last class I'll help you put them up and make them, just call me.

lets not make the entry fee weird. pick, either free, $1 per tournament, or $5 per tournament. if you are afraid people dont want to pay and you just want the same turnout bledsoe had the safest option is free, some people seriously wont shell out a dollar because they know they will lose. free entry will draw the most people for sure (if that is what you want). I dont care what the entry is but $3 is just weird, too many ones T_T.

oh and you should definitely pick where we will have it. bledsoe sounds fine to me really.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Cool, Lubbock smash community coming back a little bit =D. Did you guys decide on a date for the tournament? Just wondering, probably won't attend.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Great so we'll probably just make it $1 and I'll call you later, I have the fliers made, just have to print them out, as for a date, I am not sure about it, still thinking about avoiding saturday though.

Top Bottom