• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Kirby Matchup Rankings AND GUIDE Thread! :: OMGOMGOMG! We're done!

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
You Kirby's have your stuff soooo organized. I love it.

As for Lucas INFO...

Here are my credentials: I play MogX frequently, and he's the best Kirby in our area. I main Lucas, and I'm an ok Lucas.

- PK Fire Spam is easy to avoid. You can power shield into it, and run and grab them on the lag to recover
- PK Fire can be bair'd.
- Lucas can be grab-combo'd.
- Do not approach a good Lucas off-stage. You will be hit with an aerial or PK Thunder Tackle.
- Punish the Lucas on missed auto-cancelled aerials.
- If a Lucas nairs you, shield completely and for a little while after it because it has zero-lag and can be linked to other moves.
- If a Lucas runs away after Nair Auto-Cancelling, run away from that Lucas, because he is baiting you into a pivot grab
- Lucas can only approach a bair-ing Kirby with a rising fair. Wait until after he jumps and is landing. Punish if he whiffs a fair with a grab, or space a fsmash.
- Do not stay underneath a Lucas and let him have platform advantage. Final Destination is a horrible stage for Lucas in this match-up. Counterpick there.
- Pivot Grab dairing, nairing, uairing Lucases.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Not sure why u have FD, YI and LC as bad stages fro Lucas...I'm assuming because of the lips but my roomie plays Lucas and is an absolute surgeon with the PKT2. He can make straight angles on YI, come from under Lylat and and just DI on FD. Don't look forward to any gimps on Lucas because of lips. The best way to gimp Lucas is to always follow him off the stage and bair his PKT. Its actually very difficult because lucas has very good horizontal aerial movement and can easily move away from Kirby. His PKT is much faster than Ness' and if you miss the bair it goes through you as we all know.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Norfair isn't THAT bad a counterpick for Pit against Kirby.

Why is Brinistar good for Lucas?

Oh, and guys, I hear a lot about gimping Lucas, but gimping a good Lucas' recovery can be tough, much tougher than gimping Ness. Lucas can zap jump to magnet pull to get back on the stage and rarely ever really NEEDS to use his UpB. Other than that though, it seems accurate.

I don't really know what else to add to the discussion. Only good Pit I've played was Dr. X, and at the time I was so bad it's not even worth considering (and I didn't even play Kirby at the time, so it's not relevant to this discussion.).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I just played Fuzzy's Lucas on allisbrawl. He's 50-36 after beating me.

He beat me on FD, I beat him on Brinstar, he beat me on Halberd.

I feel like the matchup is 50-50 or close. Lucas' Nair and Dair have insane priority, and he can spam them all day without worry. I only managed to pull off a 0% grab once, and I got fthrow->uair->reverse utilt and then maybe a bair. His fsmash comes out very very fast and has good range; he always managed to hit me with it when I attempted uptilt or something, it didn't seem to clash, maybe that's because I had attacked and missed right before he used it. His downsmash and upsmash punish spotdodges and kill you like no other.

Yes I won on Brinstar. Not many people can beat me on Brinstar under normal conditions XD (like, unless lag is a factor, or if they're Marth because Marth ***** Kirby, or if they just get really lucky >_>)

However, I can see Lucas being good on Brinstar because of his down/up smash on the tendons and little cylinder things. But if you know to watch out for those it's no problem.

He once fell through the broken stage (or I daired him, I don't remember) and tried to recover, but slammed against the right side of the left broken part and fell and died, I was happy :D

FredTHAreD

Smash Cadet
I don't play a lot of Lucas players, but I do think they can KO us faster. That up smash eats us like the marshmallows we are, and copying his b isn't really worth it.

Its a tough match up for me, mostly because I don't play a lot of them.

"Knowledge is power!"

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Update: Pit is officially 55-45 our favour
Lucas is staying at 50-50 for now

OK...so I tried to hold out as long as I could, but the discussion is absolutely dead. So, we might as well start fresh, even if it means that we have to return to Lucas later on. So, without further ado...

Week 15: upping the ante to 3 characters this week:

Character: Pokemon Trainer and his slaves"friends"

Lrn2DI nub.

Difficulty rating: I seriously have no clue

Percon

Smash Lord
I play PT as a low tier secondary.

Uh... Kirby should have no problems here. Charizard is the largest threat, then Ivy and Squirtle are tied. They're all kind of in the same boat, though.

Grab combos seem to work best on squirt and ivy. Squirtle is the easiest to intercept offstage - dair goes through his waterfall. Ivy can be gimped if you're fast enough, as you may know. Char has terribly aireal movement but an upB that's tough to get through... stone works ok as a edgeguard vs him... x4 damage! (not really)

Suck up bullet seed. You want that. Charizard is resistant to grass to he actually has a tougher time getting out - it's useful against ivy, too. You can't combo into it but it's fairly easy to land.

Random other stuff:

-Footstool a >B spamming squirtle to ground hammer

-Ivy's regular grab isn't so hot, charizard's grab is insane, squirtle has a killing throw at maybe 108 or something.

-Squirtle hates bair

-Ivy's uair/usmash HURT

-Charizards love >B. It's hard to punish sometimes, but your rock beats his, remember.

Not too bad of a matchup, but be careful because there's a lot of tricks they can pull on you.

I don't know what the numbers are... should I give individual ones or as a whole or what?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Grab combos seem to work best on squirt and ivy. Squirtle is the easiest to intercept offstage - dair goes through his waterfall. Ivy can be gimped if you're fast enough, as you may know. Char has terribly aireal movement but an upB that's tough to get through... stone works ok as a edgeguard vs him... x4 damage! (not really)
squirtle is difficult to grab combo because he is the third lightest character in the game. you'll need excellent timing and positioning to dair squirtle out of waterfall or you will get hit. or squirtle will just snap to the ledge. ivy's fairly gimpable. charizard does NOT have terrible aerial movement. horizontally, he is the 14th fastest in the game. upB has super armor.

Suck up bullet seed. You want that. Charizard is resistant to grass to he actually has a tougher time getting out - it's useful against ivy, too. You can't combo into it but it's fairly easy to land.
not a bad idea.

-Footstool a >B spamming squirtle to ground hammer
squirtle will rarely ever ever use withdraw.

-Ivy's regular grab isn't so hot, charizard's grab is insane, squirtle has a killing throw at maybe 108 or something.
ivy's regular grab is decent. it has a good degree of lag to it, but a pivot grab fixes that. zard's grab is indeed ridiculous, and i'm not sure that kirby has a single attack that zard can't shieldgrab or punish some other way out of shield. squirtle's dthrow is very strong, and kills at low 100s.

-Squirtle hates bair
kirby hates fair and bair as well. :) and squirtle's huge advantage in horizontal air speed makes a difference here.

-Ivy's uair/usmash HURT
you don't really have to worry about usmash, it's difficult to land. uair is a beast though, be very careful because the hitbox is large above him and even extends to below ivy's belly. if you air dodge and ivy predicts it, you'll die at crazy percents, as low as 70-75%.

-Charizards love >B. It's hard to punish sometimes, but your rock beats his, remember.
charizard can just pick kirby's stone form up and smash it. kirby is then dead.

no really though, kirby's stone is not feasible at all against rock smash. the rock itself comes out in less than 5 frames. kirby's stone comes out in about 29 frames. you'll have to use the stone before charizard ever uses rock smash and hope that charizard rock smashes for some reason instead of putting his shield up.

i posted a lot of stuff and deleted it...because i will be at a tourney this sunday in kansas city. a pretty solid kirby will be there, maybe i can get some matches recorded.

but basically, i think both squirtle and charizard have a slight advantage. ivysaur is slightly disadvantaged. 3:7 is stretching it because kirby cannot approach ivysaur at all, and ivysaur has a projectile to kind of push kirby to approach.

Bestiarius

Smash Ace
I try not to use Ivy because of the Bullet Seed theft thing, but Squirtle does pretty well, his aerial movement beating Kirby's enough to make this match solidly neutral, as Kirby is more powerful with spammy smashes with hitboxen that stay out 4ever and way too little lag. However, I think Zard has a solid advantage. His jab combo is quick enough to easily catch Kirby and leads into his real power moves. Plus, a sweetspotted Rock Smash leads straight into a front smash. I pull this on my friend, who mains Kirby, all the time. He can't DI out of it, so I assume it's solid. This does MAJOR damage and Knockback to Kirby, so much that my friend is about ready to give himup, and he has mained him for forever. Now he desperately needs a secondary counter for PT. If Kirby goes up against Charizard, here's my advice: get Flamethrower. It puts the matchup much closer to neutral as Zard will have a tough time getting through it in order to attack. Use it to counter ground or low aerial approaches. Then the matchup should be about neutral.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Squirtle and Ivy are cake, Charizard can provide problems tho. Squirtle is like a mini Wario sans bike and bite. Squirtle is light and can be handled deftley with bair spam and fsmash to finish. His dthrow is wicked strong (so is Charizard's coincidentally) and so is his usmash. He's not too hard to gimp unless he ^B since the only open parts on the waterfall are directly behind him and a lil behind the 90 degree angle above him. Never ^B against him or ur gonna get skeeted on since it doesn't sweetspot on the way up. I'd say that one is 65:35 Kirby.

Ivy is byfar the easiest, light, not small, and has trouble racking damage. bair goes through razor leaf, bullet seed does like 2%, and the only thing he can approach with is bair which is also weak. His fsmash can kill very well and so can his usmash though the latter is likely not to hit. He can be gimped like all tethers or just like any other character. Dairing by the edge while Ivy tries to recover is a good idea since he automatically goes into the hanging animation, but the range of his tether is good. Steal bullet Seed before he dies. overall a 70:30 Kirby.

Too lazy to type charizard but from my experience its about even or slightly in Kirby's favor.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What's so good about Copying Bullet Seed?

Maybe I just suck at using it, but when I get Flamethrower I tend to dominate >_>

Then there's Squirtle's power...that one takes practice, does it have any use in this matchup? I can see it possibly being used to gimp Squirtle, but Kirby has better options it seems.

Though blue Kirby with the Squirtle hat is too good.

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
squirtle's hat is used for edgeguarding basically. As his recovery tends to be a bit slow and short, its great to use this after an edgeguard. Ivy's hat is useless to me, and Charizard's is too pro.

Percon

Smash Lord
squirtle is difficult to grab combo because he is the third lightest character in the game. you'll need excellent timing and positioning to dair squirtle out of waterfall or you will get hit. or squirtle will just snap to the ledge. ivy's fairly gimpable. charizard does NOT have terrible aerial movement. horizontally, he is the 14th fastest in the game. upB has super armor.
Squirtle I find is easier to grab combo than Char. It doesn't make much sense, so I could me mistaken.

Waterfall is pretty bad, though. If squirtle is far enough that he HAS to use it, he's dead. It's very, very easy to dair him out of it, unless he's REALLY close to the edge. I say if Kirby can knock him far enough away (and at a low enough angle) to be edgeguarded, Kirby will have plenty of time to get in position to hit squirtle out of waterfall (as there's a blind spot behind him, IIRC), since Squirtle has little leeway when he's forced to recover.

There's a word missing in my post >_>... I meant to say "terribly predictable aerial movement", because of his fall speed and poor glide. He'd be easy to dair but the upB has SA as you mentionned.

The stone thing isn't that reliable but it's ok... it was mostly as set-up for the x4 joke.

squirtle will rarely ever ever use withdraw.
I know, but it's so adorable when he's FSed I couldn't help but mention it.

ivy's regular grab is decent. it has a good degree of lag to it, but a pivot grab fixes that. zard's grab is indeed ridiculous, and i'm not sure that kirby has a single attack that zard can't shieldgrab or punish some other way out of shield. squirtle's dthrow is very strong, and kills at low 100s.
Yeah, but almost EVERY character's pivot grab is amazing :p I was just saying that Ivy's regular grab isn't so hot with the lag and a grabbox that seems way smaller than it should be.
kirby hates fair and bair as well. :) and squirtle's huge advantage in horizontal air speed makes a difference here.
True. Though, Kirby can just sit there use his bairs defensively if he's in the lead and wait for squirtle to get tired.

you don't really have to worry about usmash, it's difficult to land. uair is a beast though, be very careful because the hitbox is large above him and even extends to below ivy's belly. if you air dodge and ivy predicts it, you'll die at crazy percents, as low as 70-75%.
You're just saying that so you can land usmash on us. I'm onto you. :p

charizard can just pick kirby's stone form up and smash it. kirby is then dead.

no really though, kirby's stone is not feasible at all against rock smash. the rock itself comes out in less than 5 frames. kirby's stone comes out in about 29 frames. you'll have to use the stone before charizard ever uses rock smash and hope that charizard rock smashes for some reason instead of putting his shield up.
http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/comic022.html

Yeah I don't know what I was thinking with that one to be honest... I think I wanted to make another x4 joke but forgot to.

i posted a lot of stuff and deleted it...because i will be at a tourney this sunday in kansas city. a pretty solid kirby will be there, maybe i can get some matches recorded.

but basically, i think both squirtle and charizard have a slight advantage. ivysaur is slightly disadvantaged. 3:7 is stretching it because kirby cannot approach ivysaur at all, and ivysaur has a projectile to kind of push kirby to approach.
I'd have to disagree with you there.

Charizard probably hovers somewhere around neutral. Either 50-50 or 55-45 in one character's favor. He has more options than Kirby on the ground but his aerials do a poor job of protecting him. No "real" projectile means he'll be approaching most likely, since he's on a stamina timer. He CAN approach well, though, with his good OOS game and grabs and RS. It's close.

Squirtle doesn't have the advantage... Kirby has the better ground chasing game, and kills much better with his Fsmash and potential gimps. Kirby's bair and squirtle's fair are a fair match (get it?), and they can wall each other off pretty well with well-spaced aerials, but kirby isn't restricted by a timer. Squirtle is the most affected by the stamina timer. That lovely killing throw he has is much less useful if he's tired, yet he can utilt/combo you better when tired (I think). Don't get me wrong, it's still winnable for squirtle, but Kirby's got the upper hand here. 55-45 or 60-40, maybe.

Ivy's not as bad as one would think... tough to approach, but again, if you don't approach Ivy gets weaker (though IVY can still kill easy when tired). She's the easiest to grab combo and the easiest to gimp, I suppose (though IMO tethers are a bit underrated, and Ivy has massive tether length). Razor leaf should never be an issue... 60-40 or 65-35

I also call shenanigans on the Rock Smash > Fsmash combo.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So um...what happens when you footstool Squirtle's Side B? >_>

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
He gets knocked onto his back or something. As far as Ivy's bullet seed goes, its good against charizard since he's big and heavy and you don't have to go through the trouble of copying flamethrower since inhale has its issues in brawl. But yeah Kirby is definitely in the advantage except against Charizard.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I used to main PT, mostly squirtle, squirtle has quick grabs and a lil chain grab that works well on nubs. Charizard has a chaingrab that can do some serious damage to kirby especially on wifi lolwifi

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kirby users: Dthrow>Bullet Seed.

Anyway...

I don't play many good PTs, but here's how the match feels to me:

-Squirtle: I tend to have the most trouble with the ninja turtle for some reason. Usmash is amazing, Dtilt is incredibly fast and follows into jabs which cancel into grabs. Utilt can be used to combo and with his ridiculous airspeed, his aerials are more dangerous than they seem. However, that's all Squirtle really has. Offstage he will get destroyed, and his special moves all kind of suck. Onstage, Usmash can make approaching from the air a pain, and getting caught in his combos can be painful.

-Ivysaur: Ivysaur is kind of a weird character to me and kind of reminds me of Olimar in a way. Onstage, Ivy can be decent (A projectile, powerful Usmash, pretty much dead if it has to resort to a third jump, strong aerials). His Fair and Bair outrange our own, and Usmash, Utilt, and BUp all make an aerial approach complicated. We might actually be better coming from the ground here. I believe Ivy can be throw comboed pretty easily though, which is good for us, and around 50-60%, Dthrow to Bullet seed is probably your best bet (For Kirby). For Killing, I'm guessing Fsmash is the way to go. All around, this matchup isn't too bad, but don't try to force your aerials. If the Ivysaur your playing keeps countering them, then take to the ground.

-Charizard: It's weird, but this is the one I always find the easiest. Flamethrower helps Kirby a lot too. In fact, I'm not sure that this one isn't better for Kirby than Ivy's. Charizard's FF allows us to get you closer (It pulls the enemy in right?) if you don't DI right for a follow up attack, or it just gives us free damage if you do DI out. Other than that, Charizard is really easy to combo, has a fairly slow airspeed, a good recovery, but easily intercepted, especially if he has to glide, a terrible glide attack, and I don't really know what else. His UpB OoS is very effective, in fact, his UpB is very effective anywhere. Don't try to gimp him if he's within range of an UpB recovery. Rocksmash can be interupted if you hit him right when he pulls out the hammer, and avoided if you're too far to stop it (Honestly, it feels like a grounded hammer with more range and a sourspot to me). I think Charizard's Fair has more range than our Bair, though I could be wrong. Charizard doesn't really like to have you under him (though watch out for that spike!), so Uair/Utilt are your friends. Oh, and his Dthrow hurts. Yeah... I don't know much else about Charizard.

Percon

Smash Lord
You jump on his back then flip him over. Then he just sits there, turned over, flailing his limbs. It's adorable.

Also, I never thought of Dthrow > Bullet seed. I always tried to land Fthrow > uair > bullet seed but that never worked. It seems to obvious now.

Of course bullet seed can be used on it's own to punish small mistakes. On startup it plops them right above you and it happens pretty fast.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Waterfall is pretty bad, though. If squirtle is far enough that he HAS to use it, he's dead. It's very, very easy to dair him out of it, unless he's REALLY close to the edge. I say if Kirby can knock him far enough away (and at a low enough angle) to be edgeguarded, Kirby will have plenty of time to get in position to hit squirtle out of waterfall (as there's a blind spot behind him, IIRC), since Squirtle has little leeway when he's forced to recover.
hmmm fair enough.

Yeah, but almost EVERY character's pivot grab is amazing :p I was just saying that Ivy's regular grab isn't so hot with the lag and a grabbox that seems way smaller than it should be.
yup, everything here is pretty true.

True. Though, Kirby can just sit there use his bairs defensively if he's in the lead and wait for squirtle to get tired.
loool and i suppose bair is impossible for squirtle to punish, even though squirtle's attacks and movement are faster?

You're just saying that so you can land usmash on us. I'm onto you. :p
AUGH DAMMIT

Charizard probably hovers somewhere around neutral. Either 50-50 or 55-45 in one character's favor. He has more options than Kirby on the ground but his aerials do a poor job of protecting him. No "real" projectile means he'll be approaching most likely, since he's on a stamina timer. He CAN approach well, though, with his good OOS game and grabs and RS. It's close.
you know, this actually sounds pretty reasonable.

Squirtle doesn't have the advantage... Kirby has the better ground chasing game, and kills much better with his Fsmash and potential gimps. Kirby's bair and squirtle's fair are a fair match (get it?), and they can wall each other off pretty well with well-spaced aerials, but kirby isn't restricted by a timer. Squirtle is the most affected by the stamina timer. That lovely killing throw he has is much less useful if he's tired, yet he can utilt/combo you better when tired (I think). Don't get me wrong, it's still winnable for squirtle, but Kirby's got the upper hand here. 55-45 or 60-40, maybe.
dthrow will still easily send you far enough to switch at very low 100s, even fatigued. kirby is light and moves very slowly through the air, further hampering his ability to punish the switch.

squirtle's ground chasing game is way better than kirby's. squirtle's jab is ridiculous. it is too good. ike's is the only jab i can think of that's much better. the move comes out in 1 frame and can punish everything. it does 12% and jab cancels into a grab, ftilt, or utilt.

Ivy's not as bad as one would think... tough to approach, but again, if you don't approach Ivy gets weaker (though IVY can still kill easy when tired). She's the easiest to grab combo and the easiest to gimp, I suppose (though IMO tethers are a bit underrated, and Ivy has massive tether length). Razor leaf should never be an issue... 60-40 or 65-35.
ivy hardly cares about fatigue, because his damage output is already either crap (bair) or insane (bullet seed). ivy's approaches can also handily outprioritize kirby's moves, even the godly bair.

I also call shenanigans on the Rock Smash > Fsmash combo.
indeed shenanigans. possible but you can avoid it. rock smash > usmash/grab, however, is not shenanigans. :)

MK26

Smash Master
Lemme get this straight...the overall PT matchup rating is the average of the best 2 individual pokemons' ratings, rounded down, right? Ex.:

Say squirtle is 45 vs. Kirby
Say ivy is 40
Say charizard is 55

Average = (45+55)/2 = 50-50 aka even

But

Say squirtle is 40
Say ivy is 30
Say charizard is 45

Average = (40+45)/2 = 42.5 (40-60) aka Adv Kirby

Yes? No? (Btw those are my best- and worst-case scenarios for the matchup ratings, from a PT main's view)

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Yeah generally that's how we do it, cause its not too ahrd to minimize one of the pokemon in battle if its an awful matchup.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
no way squirtle is 40 btw. ;) squirtle's ground game is slightly better. squirtle's air game is slightly better. kirby's saving grace is his gimpage and kill powerz.

looking at this matchup again, i feel like squirtle and charizard are neutralz and ivy is at a disadvantage. not major though, kirby hates ivy bair and the range on ivy's ground attacks.

MK26

Smash Master
no way squirtle is 40 btw. ;) squirtle's ground game is slightly better. squirtle's air game is slightly better. kirby's saving grace is his gimpage and kill powerz.

looking at this matchup again, i feel like squirtle and charizard are neutralz and ivy is at a disadvantage. not major though, kirby hates ivy bair and the range on ivy's ground attacks.
Yeah >_> i just put the 40 there to see whether you guys rounded up or down.
Right now i'm thinking 60 in Kirby's favour vs. Ivy, 55 vs. Squirt, and 50 vs. Chari, for a 55-45 overall. Sound good?

And we need informationz on the pokés' favourite attacks, strategies, and stage counterpicks/bans.

And maybe some more input from Kirbys that have played PTs, thanks Percon and others

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Heres my op with lucas, I fight kirbies all the time.:)

Lucas is really easy to punish offstage for kirby. Bairs and Dairs are good for this. Grab combos also are good, as they land a lot of damage quickly. Lucas' full-hopped breaks through most things that kirby has. Punish bad nairs. Be ready to cancel off pkt1 with a bair, fair, or nair if you are off stage. Don't stay too close, or you'll take an ftilt to the face.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
As far as PT goes, Kirby is definitely at a slight advantage. Kirby actually beats Squirtle on the ground (range on ftilt, larger grab range, quick kill move) and they're about even in the air. Squirtle can't edgeguard because he is EXTREMELY vulnerable to stagespits, you don't even have to spike him on some levels. IMO Charizard is about 40:60 Charizard. I actually got the opportunity to playa good PT yesterday and his Charizard gave me the most problems even though he played squirtle better. All he has to do i turtle and he can shield grab our approaches with that humongous grab box. He can kill easily and is pretty good in the air and much better on the ground. He's also difficult to gimp due to SA frames in the ^B. I think we need to review D3 too.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
As far as PT goes, Kirby is definitely at a slight advantage. Kirby actually beats Squirtle on the ground (range on ftilt, larger grab range, quick kill move) and they're about even in the air. Squirtle can't edgeguard because he is EXTREMELY vulnerable to stagespits, you don't even have to spike him on some levels. IMO Charizard is about 40:60 Charizard. I actually got the opportunity to playa good PT yesterday and his Charizard gave me the most problems even though he played squirtle better. All he has to do i turtle and he can shield grab our approaches with that humongous grab box. He can kill easily and is pretty good in the air and much better on the ground. He's also difficult to gimp due to SA frames in the ^B. I think we need to review D3 too.

WTF?? Squirtles grab range is the same as kirbys, acording to that thread about the grabs, and squirtle has hydrograb, and can jab after a missed grab to prevent punishing, squirtle is superior to kirby in the air, but not offstage
You are pretty right about zard, shieldgrab kirbys attacks is pretty easy for the zard

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Is Final Destination a good place to pick (for kirby)?
Ehhhh, I dun like it for the same reason I dun like it for MK, which is that Kirby needs those platforms to help him beat campers like Falco. It's an ok stage, but I'm more comfortable on Battlefield, specially with those silly u throw kills in the middle.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
sorry but kirby is atleast 50-50 w/ ZSS.
lol, We didn't even start on Zamus yet let alone Samus.

I'm still waiting for more Lucas mains to debate about the Lucas and Kirby match up.

TKD

Smash Lord
List needs updating...Kirby beats Marth...Can KO quicker, does more damage, recovers better.

Marth's ftilt is not that good a move. The description overrates it. As well as fair, which Kirby's bair beats. And if you're spaced vertically and horizontally well enough, you may not get upair'd often, which is his best move on an aerial Kirby.

Good SoCal Marth/Kirby players like MikeHAZE, MogX, Havok could describe the matchup. Kirby wins.

MK26

Smash Master
List needs updating...Kirby beats Marth...Can KO quicker, does more damage, recovers better.

Marth's ftilt is not that good a move. The description overrates it. As well as fair, which Kirby's bair beats. And if you're spaced vertically and horizontally well enough, you may not get upair'd often, which is his best move on an aerial Kirby.

Good SoCal Marth/Kirby players like MikeHAZE, MogX, Havok could describe the matchup. Kirby wins.
Are you dropping his name to summon him? Apparently he's a genie that will pop up whenever he's called.

As for Marth, I'll look over the description and change stuff if it needs to change, but I personally believe that it's one of Kirby's worst matchups.

kirbz

Smash Apprentice
ta-da! it's friday! lets get a new character. why don't we discuss metaknight? no? okay.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
The guy who said Marth loses to Kirby easily has no idea what he's talking about. Forreal.

Top Bottom