• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Kirby Matchup Rankings AND GUIDE Thread! :: OMGOMGOMG! We're done!

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
@Suspect: I'm gonna side with the Kirby boards on Diddy. Hiss main threat is his bananas, and since Kirby focuses on his air game and has good mobility in the air the bananas don't really do much. Diddy can combo, but Kirby is floaty, and therefore hard to combo. Kirby can kill earlier than Diddy can.

Anyone said anything about ZSS yet? Paralyzer->Air Hammer = ****.
Have you played a good diddy? Kirby can stay in the air but he has to come down at one point, and jumps are slower he just has more. Diddy is quick. Not all kirby's focus on airgame that is just your playstyle, i actually focus on "overall game".

Ask asdioh, theres a reason he has problems with them. I 2 stock a good kirby player down here all the time with diddy >_>

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Haven't myself, but some of the guys around here have.

Kirby does have to land (and most Kirbys are on the ground for some of the match anyway), it just helps when he doesn't need to be on the ground much and have to worry about the bananas. And if Diddy tries to approach Kirby from the air Kirby has the advantage.

Not saying Kirby is always in the air. Kirby's ground game is actually pretty good. His air game is just better, and Kirby in general spends more time in the air than on the ground.

At least we're having a good conversation here. No flaming or anything... :rolleyes:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
EDIT: kirby to diddy should be 45:55 imo
Just to clarify, that's Diddy's slight advantage, right? The 55 part is Diddy? haha

Next time I play a good Diddy, I'm just going to stand still and catch the inevitable thrown banana, and throw it back at him. Nothing else I've tried works >_>

And if we do Captain Falcon next, it's going to be painful. I have no doubt in my mind that Kirby owns Captain Falcon (I play CF almost as much as I play Kirby, after all)

But who knows if the Falcons will come in here with some obscure, situation reason as to why it's not terrible for them o_o

*hopes*

There are some cool people on the Falcon boards though...I think..

They DO main Captain Falcon over there, after all.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Just to clarify, that's Diddy's slight advantage, right? The 55 part is Diddy? haha
Yea the match up is not even that hard, i took hylians diddy down to 1 stock like 20% using kirby and almost beat this other good diddy main down here.

you just suck against diddy :laugh:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Are the Ganons gone yet? That was a nightmare.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
I always have huge problems with Diddy. Its more than just bananas, he's quick too and still has a decent arial game.
I lose 90% of all my Diddy matches. =/

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
my friend mains diddy which is actually really good now, he 2-0 chillin with it once, i'll say 50-50. If one characters gets started on the other they can keep going for like 50 damage lol its ridiculous, the whole match is about patience and getting in ur hits at the right time and then getting the hell out. Try not to hold shields on the ground to much or u will be grabbed, diddy's like to grab lol go figure. Although countergrabbing there grab if ur in a lower controller port also works.

Bananas are to good, to bad its not diddy's neutral B, can u imagine Kirby with bananas! lol

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
my friend mains diddy which is actually really good now, he 2-0 chillin with it once, i'll say 50-50. If one characters gets started on the other they can keep going for like 50 damage lol its ridiculous, the whole match is about patience and getting in ur hits at the right time and then getting the hell out. Try not to hold shields on the ground to much or u will be grabbed, diddy's like to grab lol go figure. Although countergrabbing there grab if ur in a lower controller port also works.

Bananas are to good, to bad its not diddy's neutral B, can u imagine Kirby with bananas! lol
Kirby with bananas = kirby fighting a diddy, lol. The main objective, i feel, while fighting a diddy is controlling the bananas, well other than landing dmg on your opponent and ko'ing them and stuff. Controlling the bananas really is what gives you control of the fight. Kirby with banana for his neutral b might not work out too well i think...cuz diddy can regain control a whole lot faster than kirby and diddy with 4 bananas is not a diddy i want to fight against.

babybaby 12 (banned)

Smash Rookie
I think Kirby has a 60-40 advantage against Diddy Kong. Unlike Diddy, Kirby has killing power. My brother told me that Kirby's Down Air has more priority than Diddy's UpB.

The Ganondorf matchup is 95-5, Kirby's favor. Only reason I put the 5 on Ganondorf's side because my brother's good at using him. Ganondorf sucks very badly. My brother thinks its 55-45 Kirby's favor.

Captain Falcon is 50:50. My brother always beats me when he uses this character. And Ganondorf too, but Falcon is a bigger problem. I have yet to beat his C. Falcon, though I beat his Ganondorf a few times.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I think Kirby has a 60-40 advantage against Diddy Kong. Unlike Diddy, Kirby has killing power. My brother told me that Kirby's Down Air has more priority than Diddy's UpB.

The Ganondorf matchup is 95-5, Kirby's favor. Only reason I put the 5 on Ganondorf's side because my brother's good at using him. Ganondorf sucks very badly. My brother thinks its 55-45 Kirby's favor.

Captain Falcon is 50:50. My brother always beats me when he uses this character. And Ganondorf too, but Falcon is a bigger problem. I have yet to beat his C. Falcon, though I beat his Ganondorf a few times.
Noobs should stay out of matchup threads.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Wow Master Raven comes into this thread solely to talk **** to me. What the hell does Koskinator getting 2nd at a tourney have to do with anything? You're way the hell off topic while I'm not.

Learn not to come into random matchup threads and talk ****(which has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion) for no reason.

Also be a man go to some real FL tourneys.

babybaby 12 (banned)

Smash Rookie
This is who I vote for:

MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight! MetaKnight!

IC3R

Smash Lord
Actually, Maestro, Samus was going to be my second pick after Wario!

I already have an idea what I'll do for a match-up summary, and it's definitely going to include to the fact that Samus can transform mid-battle into ZSS. This will be a little more difficult, because I don't play as Samus at all, it's always Zamus ftw!

:samus: :samus: :samus: :samus: :samus:

+1 Samus\

EDIT:: By the way, Maestro, do you need the link to my Ganondorf summary?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I saw it. Too late. :]

And yes. You're right.
Now I'm curious...I have a few ideas, but I'm not going to guess...

But...we havent discussed Samus yet...:dizzy:

@edit: send it to me in a PM, without the quote tags

EDIT: Voting tally
DK - 3
MK - 3
Ness - 1
Samus
ICs
Bowser
Samus has 1.

*wonders when the Kirby boards will stop being so spammy*

*wonders when the Kirby boards will be nearly as cool as the Toon Link boards*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Guys, there's no point in doing Samus actually... I'm pretty sure Samus mains don't care enough to learn matchups... When I went in to ask about it, the like 4 Samuses on the boards pretty much said "we zap Kirby, but he's short, but we still zap him." All you need to know is how to powershield and not walk into kill moves (like I did at my tourny tonight...).

I vote Bowser, ICs, or Ness (though ICs will probably just be "don't get grabbed").

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Guys, there's no point in doing Samus actually... I'm pretty sure Samus mains don't care enough to learn matchups... When I went in to ask about it, the like 4 Samuses on the boards pretty much said "we zap Kirby, but he's short, but we still zap him." All you need to know is how to powershield and not walk into kill moves (like I did at my tourny tonight...).

I vote Bowser, ICs, or Ness (though ICs will probably just be "don't get grabbed").
Yeah, way to fail to break the tie.

Well, Im the TC, and therefore my vote counts for 1.5 votes.

Donkey Kong

iunno​

Difficulty rating: 50-50

I've successfully postponed Meta Knight discussion for another week yayuhz!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Finally a match up that I am fimiler with. Ok my thoughts: Donkey Kong is hard to deal with if you want to approch him, since Kirby have to go offisive with big characters and all. Since Donkey Kong is both fast, strong, and a big character, this match up is a bit awkward. Donkey Kong is a big target so Kirby can combo him when he get's the chance, but yet Donkey Kong can kill Kirby with a low percent with a lot of attacks and not to menton his range of attacks on the ground and don't forget the power, *yikes,* try to approch him from the air and see if you can poke his shield to make him defend so you can grab combo him. And when you get the chance to gimp him, do it because theres a chance that he will kill you around 80% and such and you'll be pissed about it. Don't forget that Kirby's B moves are very useful on Donkey Kong, (Basic-B, Side-B air, Down-B), if your really good with Up-B then you can use that if you want. With this match up, I'll call it even.

Top Bottom