• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEW Peach Guide + New Noob Guide

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
Oh of course, I didn't read well.

Well whay you said was correct I guess, it is personal preference, since there a very CP Peach does not like. She can adapt to all different kinds of stages very well.

Against Fox, however, I'd personally ban Halberd due to it's very low ceiling. That's pretty much the only reason, since I feel quite confident vs him on all other stages.

About couterpicking Fox, besides the aforementioned Brinstar, I think I would take him to Yoshi's Island, Frigate Orpheon or Castle Siege. The ceiling of Yoshi's is a bit higher than average, while killing horizontally is a bit easier and that's how I'm mostly going to kill Fox. It's not a very big stage either, so he can't abuse his movement speed to much. Frigate limits his movement speed even more and I like the awkward places of the platforms vs Fox, they do not seem to benifit him very much. Furthermore you can put the emphasis on aerial combat on Frigate and that's where I like Fox. Lastly I think the stage might mess with recovery a bit here and there. Siege is merely because I adore the stage, nothing more to it. Delfino may be nice vs him as well, but I'm not that fond of the stage myself.

Hope this helped a bit :p

:053:
This is perfect!!

I Also like getting fox in Lylat, its relly messes up his recovery game, giving you more chances of an easy stock, even though the stage tilting can **** our float game, we can still manage by spamming the turnips. Ironically most fox users i know hate the lylat stage xD

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Alright, I've updated the guide with a mini-guide for noobs! Mainly for the guys with a 5-post count, but the veterans should look it over and see if I missed anything (especially the "common mistakes" section, I should add more). Thank you Illmatic and Dark.Pch for the contributions.

To-do:

• Add Illmatic and Dark.Pch credits for the Noob Guide
  • Add a FAQ to the Noob Guide
  • Update the tier list
  • Add missing ATs to the AT section
  • Update the moveset section with the new hitbox info
  • Get around to doing the stage section
  • Complete the rest of the KO percents
  • Why is Edrees taking so long to do the Melee comparison
  • Float in-depth section?
  • something about shield pressure

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I like the n00b guide :]

we should get around to really discussing stages, I also can't wait for the KO percentages

DaBeast2010

Smash Rookie
is there anyone willing to get online with me, and play there peach against mine? im trying to get great with peach and i could learn from the fight!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Because of a silly dispute I feel as if I have no choice but to ask:

If a Bom-omb pulled by Peach is thrown (by her), is there any possibility (considering every possible scenario without alterations to the game) to catch it afterwards?

I ask this because apparently the word "re-caught" gives room for ambiguity...

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Or you, if you throw it up. The Bob-omb becomes uncatchable as soon as it's thrown. You can drop on on the ground and pick it back up, but the timing for that is really strict, with little reward.

Deckete

Smash Cadet
The technique advanced Uair combo can be made with a joystick normal? One of those control equal to the playstation 2?

lolreconlol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
boatv2
3DS FC
1934-1192-2911
Does anyone use peach competitively? Every time I play her, she whips my ass.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
Start with her float, learn how to dair and use her aerials during the float. Esp fair which is her best killing move. Then you're gonna wanna learn dair chains like these:
Dair to nair
Dair to uair to utilt
Dair to Dair to Dair to nair
And Shorthop dair to Usmash

Im sure there are more, just listing ones from my head.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
OMG PEACH MAIN!
HALLO! U WOULDN'T HAPPEN TO PWAY pM AS WELL WOULD YOU?
(lol excuse my caps, sup Pichi!)

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
This was an interesting and helpful read. I'm not much of a competitive player, but I find the advanced techniques listed here to be very fascinating, and I'd love to try them out next time I get the chance.

Top Bottom