• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *NEW* Pika Stage Discussion and Character Specific Stage Guide!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Wow, really prime? That's pretty awesome.

Just a few questions:

With pika being good vs mk on rainbow, can't mk get easy grounded shuttle loop kills on the top?

Is Brinstar really that bad for pikachu? I mean the small side blast lines suck and I agree with earlier about people having a pocket mk, but the lava could set up for thunder kills and the certain parts of the stage can extend the duration/range of moves like dsmash and T2 thunder for good edgeguarding.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Anyone can get easy kills during the top. Once you reach the walk off part then its back to normal with kills.

During the time of easy off the top kills you camp and do not approach till its over. Then you have a mad MK who didn't get to exploit rainbow cruise like the sterotype is like.

Brinstar is bad cause extended hitboxes hurt Pikachu more than help cause you can space to avoid most of Pikachu's move. Fsmash sure, but the tip is weak as it is so you won't gain much with it.

Lava doesn't help Pikachu at all, he can recover from anywhere and kills him before most characters.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Also, the lava disrupts his D-throw CG, and the slants/bubbles disrupt his F-throw one. The platforms are also poorly spaced for pikachu pressure.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Bottom part where ESAM's stage discussion should probably be fixed up some to reflect the stage list now. Edited a little bit, now that there is 5 neutrals.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
5? Most places have 7 neutrals (take out halberd and Delfino from the MLG list)

I wouldn't recomment Pikachu taking Falco to RC. Yeah it is good because Falco is terrible there, but we can't CG him on the rising part TOO well (Unless we get him on a carpet) so it kinda negates our biggest advantage. SV/FD/Picto would be better.

I also have to disagree about Lucario on PS1. It is pretty neutral if you ask me.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
I also have to disagree about Lucario on PS1. It is pretty neutral if you ask me.
I'd say it's a good stage, but that may just be my personal stage preference talking. I just don't feel like we (significantly) lose the camping game here.

Though each time Pikachu and stage preference comes up (that I've seen) with the Lucarios, PS1 is consistently one I've seen them say to stay away from in the MU.

Top Bottom