• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
ah *error* *error* bac*fzz*kground *jzz* haza*fzz*rd*dzz* mus*delete* t*fzz* no*abort* t happ*abort*en
if that is surely to happen then......i dont know...it must not happen...IT WILL NOT HAPPEN IF SO THEN MAY YOU ALL BE CURSED....1000 YEARS OF BAD LUCK AND....something else...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Maybe Ridley will be in a Pokeball. Just because that would surprise everybody. Everybody except me, because I'm a genious and I already thought of it.

Seriously though, Metroid Boss Battle could just be the name of the music. That song could be played on a Ridley stage.

EDIT: I just realised something. On the Smashville music update they said that "this song will be played on Smashville." They didn't say that for any of the other music updates, so maybe that was the first song to be a stage song. That would mean that the Ridley one we heard isn't a stage and is probably from Adventure Mode.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Maybe Ridley will be in a Pokeball. Just because that would surprise everybody. Everybody except me, because I'm a genious and I already thought of it.
I should beat you in the face for that comment. That's not even remotely funny. >_>

Ridely isn't a pokemon...:mad: You can't contain that much awesome in a pokeball! The ball would explode!! And then the trainer would get ceramic in his eye.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
you are over reacting O D I N.

why are you afraid that Ridley will end up as that freaky with panties plant?? he is a random boss you encounter in the mario games he isn't the main villian in the series like DeDeDe or Ridley .

Petey =\= Bowser enough about it. >=(

p.s. check my new sig!!!.........i drew and resize it. nothing eles, lol. i don't make sigs so this will do!! ^_^

original http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1394940/

lyonartime333

Smash Rookie
west virginia(the state not western virginia)
you know i originaly wasn't a supporter for ridley in brawl. i thought a character that flies would be strange/overpowered. but after reading this i'm kind of impartial. he would be a nice addition, but i wouldn't main him, and thats only my opinion.(ill be 2 busy mastering Ike :) )

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I'm still pissed the old thread was closed. It's not like many other threads turn into spam wars... I think Mr. thread closer guy was jealous of the Ridley thread getting so big and found some stupid reason to close it before it jumped ahead of the other characters' threads even more. It didn't seem like that much of a flame war to me on the last page (didn't read the ones before that...).

That being said, I second what people are saying about Petey Piranha being a normal character. Ridley isn't on his level, way above it in importance. Besides, Ridley was one of the most requested characters on Sakurai's poll.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Well, if it makes everyone feel a little bit better, I was thinking that Kraid would be a much better adventure mode boss character. Let's compare apples to apples here: Kraid is more in the Petey vain, i.e. a big dumb brute of a character that is well suited to a boss fight of gigantic proportions. Plus, from a story perspective, Kraid makes more sense. He'd be easier to hire/trick/manipulate/whatever into service by the Ancient Minister.

Ridley, on the other hand, is superintelligent as well as a captain of the space pirates. I hardly think he'd be coerced into the Subspace Emissary.

But then again, we've no real facts to go on, so I guess my own speculation is really meaningless. Take it as you will, maybe it'll make you feel better at least :p

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
He is super popular and more important to the franchise than just being a boss. There is the possibility that they make him a boss and animate him and give him a moveset without being playable, but that would be stupid for a few reasons:

1) Who else is going to rep Metroid?
No one but Samus. The point of the Metroid series is you are isolated and trying to find upgrades while trying to solve puzzles and beat bosses. Metroid Prime 3 is somewhat of an exception since you can talk with others.

2) Why would they reduce such a great character with potential to become a fan favorite to a lowly boss?
Well if they made him shorter just to be playable, he would still be reduced IMO. As a boss, he can still be huge while having the classic Ridley feel and not have a made up moveset to fill in gaps. Plus it would be pathetic if Ridley was limited to jumps and not be able to stay up in the air the whole time.

3) Why would Sakruai ignore his poll?
The poll is there for him to see what people think. It's not there so he can take every single suggestion >_>.

4) Why couldn't he be a boss and be playable?
He could, but he wouldn't make as great of a boss if he was limited with jumps.

5) Why couldn't they use another Metroid character as a boss instead and that music can play when you fight them? That song was originally intended and used for Ridley, but it isn't exclusive to him. They could throw in Draygon or the Crocomire or Kraid or the Mother Brain in there.
The others just aren't as well known. A lot of the casual players might know who Ridley is, but they won't know who Draygon or Crocomire are if they started playing video games recently (unless they buy Super Metroid on VC). Plus how would you beat Mother Brain or Kraid without missiles or other powerful projectiles? Ridley seems like the perfect boss

Answer those questions and I'll be willing to accept that Ridley's chances have lowered.
Don't think I hate Ridley. I'm actually a fan of Ridley, but I would much rather see him constantly fly, grab opponents and fly up then spew fireballs over using an improvised moveset with limited jumps. Plus he just doesn't seem as cool when I imagine him smaller >_>.

Doesn't the title "Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)" mean anything to anyone? It's Ridley's official theme according to Nintendo, so they can't use it for someone else. Plus the song isn't usually referred by that title. It doesn't say the music came from the boss fight with Ridley in the Metroid games. If it did, they might as well have called it "Ridley's Theme".

It seems like a lot of people are in denial about obvious stuff. When people saw the Zero Beam in the trailer, a lot of them thought it was just for the trailer only and that ZSS would be separate. Then the update for Samus's Final Smash confirmed that's how you play as ZSS, and of course, a lot of people were disappointed. Sakurai isn't just going to submit to every fan's requests. Of course he'll take some, but he's also going to disappoint with some things too. Chances are Ridley will be a boss, and hopefully he'll also be an AT if we are lucky. As long as he makes an appearance, I'll be happy.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ridley won't be confirmed anytime soon, just because prime 3 is coming out, i doubt sakurai will start revealing hidden characters.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Don't think I hate Ridley. I'm actually a fan of Ridley, but I would much rather see him constantly fly, grab opponents and fly up then spew fireballs over using an improvised moveset with limited jumps. Plus he just doesn't seem as cool when I imagine him smaller >_>.

Doesn't the title "Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)" mean anything to anyone? It's Ridley's official theme according to Nintendo, so they can't use it for someone else. Plus the song isn't usually referred by that title. It doesn't say the music came from the boss fight with Ridley in the Metroid games. If it did, they might as well have called it "Ridley's Theme".

It seems like a lot of people are in denial about obvious stuff. When people saw the Zero Beam in the trailer, a lot of them thought it was just for the trailer only and that ZSS would be separate. Then the update for Samus's Final Smash confirmed that's how you play as ZSS, and of course, a lot of people were disappointed. Sakurai isn't just going to submit to every fan's requests. Of course he'll take some, but he's also going to disappoint with some things too. Chances are Ridley will be a boss, and hopefully he'll also be an AT if we are lucky. As long as he makes an appearance, I'll be happy.
Everything you just said is so wrong that I'm not going to bother pointing out each flaw. But anyway, everything is pointing to Ridley's inclusion. The whole boss thing is like ATs for boss characters. Ridley has his own character and personality and back story, and there is more to him than just being a boss. Wait and see when he's confirmed buddy.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman

omg you took the words right out of my mouth I said the same thing. alot of people are hoping to the extreme that Ridley will be playable. I too am hoping but I dont think he will. just like I said some people are really in Denial. and you bring up a good point about Zamus. that's how people are though. when the answer was right in front of their faces the whole time from the begining people were hoping that Samus and Zamus would be seperate. the music alone is enough for me to conclude now that he wont be playable. which sucks but seems the most likely. the answer is right in your faces people with the Ridley music. dont let this be another OMG ZERO SUIT SAMUS ISNT SEPERATE fiasco. the signs are all there.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
OMFG you people are over analyzing things and it's starting to get annoying. Half of MEWTWOMASTER's points were biased and opinionated. Tstumo is being as pessimistic as you can possibly be. So what? He might be a boss. How in the world does that mean he won't be playable? Stop being so stupid or leave.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ok, Everyone STOP.

I hate it when i have to say the same thing over and over again.

Let me ask you a question, do you th Bowserand Ganondorf would be bosssess in adventure? Yes? are they playable?

Thought so. Ridley is the Ganon Bowser from Metroid. Now, we can be pretty sure that he IS going to be a boss, this however doesn't mean he is not going to be playable.

Besides the only Ridley that was "Huge" was Meta-ridley from the prime Games Are not talking about him are we?

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
****... are there still people hoping that Ridley's a boss?

I want to say something here: there is no way Ridley will get in as an Assist Trophy, boss or background prop. NO ****ING WAY.

And I want to point out something else. This Adventure mode is FAR different from Melee's. There's bound to be unplayable bosses.

And another thing: the composers wouldn't have wasted their time remixing Ridley's theme if they knew he was going to be a boss.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I'm a BIG Ridley supporter, but I have to say - Shadow Calibur, your post isn't very well thought out...

There is no reason why he can't be a boss AND a PC. I agree with the people saying Ganondorf and Bowser will most likely be bosses.

And having Ridley as a boss (forgetting the PC thing right now) is a **** good enough reason to re-make and have his own kick-*** music playing for him while you fight him.

EDIT:Although if he is to make an appearance as a boss, I would expect it to be the Meta-Ridley incarnation, simply because that ties in more with the Prime games.

Dave

Shuma

Smash Hero
Also like i sayd in the Petey thread, saying this de-confirms Ridley chances as a Pc it's like saying it deconfirms Ganondorf's chances a PC.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
*pops out of gopher hole*

Did I hear the word Prime?

Just kidding. Guys, especially Dave because he's smart, we need to debunk common Ridley arguments so Legolastrom can put them on the front page. That'll cut down on some random noob outbursts. The guys as Club RIDLEY aren't doing it, so I could use some help here.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
yeah, it is labled "boss fight music" i hope he is a boss, and after you beat him, he is unlocked. that would be awesome.
Would be a great way to unlock characters. An epic show-down in order to unlock them.
Or perhaps the Brawl team will think of an even better way to unlock characters.

I hope the single-player is hard.

EDIT: Actually, Gypsy, you have been pulling me over to the dark-side. I can see why Prime only fans can be so annoying in their ignorance. *Huddles in corner, rocking psychotically, clutching classic games*

Dave

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Would be a great way to unlock characters. An epic show-down in order to unlock them.
Or perhaps the Brawl team will think of an even better way to unlock characters.

I hope the single-player is hard.

EDIT: Actually, Gypsy, you have been pulling me over to the dark-side. I can see why Prime only fans can be so annoying in their ignorance. *Huddles in corner, rocking psychotically, clutching classic games*

Dave
:walks out from shadows:

Prime isn't bad. Just not as good as the 2-d'ers.

Wassup?

Anywho; after thinking it through, and after much freaking out; I've come to the conclusion that Ridley, Ganondorf, and several others as bosses isn't a bad idea, provided that they are playable. I'd be okay with that.

Your suggestion of an epic showdown is awesome. Example:

Zelda/Link is required to unlock Ganondorf. You may end up fighting him as Mario (suggestion), but you HAVE to be Zelda/Link to unlock. An example.

Individual-ized games would work better, I think.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
:walks out from shadows:

Prime isn't bad. Just not as good as the 2-d'ers.

Wassup?

Anywho; after thinking it through, and after much freaking out; I've come to the conclusion that Ridley, Ganondorf, and several others as bosses isn't a bad idea, provided that they are playable. I'd be okay with that.

Your suggestion of an epic showdown is awesome. Example:

Zelda/Link is required to unlock Ganondorf. You may end up fighting him as Mario (suggestion), but you HAVE to be Zelda/Link to unlock. An example.

Individual-ized games would work better, I think.
I actually thoroughly enjoyed Prime 1 - not played Prime 2 (ammunition for beam weapons? - big no no) and i'm sure i'll thoroughly enjoy Corruption, when i get a Wii >.>
But yeah the 2-D games are better.

Yeah, it would be pretty cool. The whole way the Subspace Emissary is being setup, with the branching storylines as well, has great potential to introduce such battles. Although maybe Sakurai and co. will think of an even better way to introduce the villains in Brawl?

Anyway, we're going a little off-topic: Anyone want to take a guess at how long Ridley's tail is?

Dave

Flying Pig

Smash Cadet
Ok first off I am sick and tired of people saying Ridey will be in brawl...
1.He is to big like Petey!
2. that thing that said he was in it was just a romour.

Ok he can just be a boss. But nothing eles, so sh ut up about ridey being in brawl.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Oh man i just finished super metroid and i have to say that its one of the most intense and awesome games i have ever played which is why it is so good. I still like Prime and am looking forward to the new one but i do think super metroid is better. Also i think having Ridley as a boss and a playable character would make a lot of sense because bowser and ganon will likely get the same treatment.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Theres only one **** problem with Super Metroid (or any Metroid). Whenever it comes to the Ridley fight don't you all just feel like letting Ridley kill you?

I mean, who am I to interupt Ridley? Or to sabotage his plans?

I think letting Ridley kill you, is more rewarding...

It's a boss fight you just don't win...

EDIT:
Oh man i just finished super metroid and i have to say that its one of the most intense and awesome games i have ever played which is why it is so good. I still like Prime and am looking forward to the new one but i do think super metroid is better. Also i think having Ridley as a boss and a playable character would make a lot of sense because bowser and ganon will likely get the same treatment.
Welcome to the family :chuckle: Gypsy is going to hug u i think.

Dave

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
nobody is over analyzing anything. Im basically looking at what i have been given and lokking at it from a simple point of view. as i stated aleready. when everyone was on the theres no way Sakurai would let Samus transform into Zamus using a smash ball who were the ones over analyzing again? when it was pretty darn obvious from the begining.

noob and random outbursts? nope not me. just because someone doesnt agree with you doesnt make them a noob. anyway again im not a Ridley hater. Im an Animal crossing being playable in brawl hater. look it up. so im not staring an anti Ridley thread. Im not gonna say too much anymore because I said all i need to. and arguing over a bunch of obsessive fanboys who cant for one minute think perhaps one of their beloved characters wont be playble is a lost cause. It happened with the Deoxys for Brawl people when I was saying np way everyone else was DEOXYS FTW WOOO!!. they all cried and couldnt get any sleep that night when he was decomfirmed. cant imagine what would happen if that happened to Ridley This whole board would probablly crash. lol.

I said Bowser and Ganon will be playable and will probablly be a boss. it doesnt have to apply to everyone ya know. i.e Petey. you say dont compare Ridley and Petey. I dunno, remind me does he have a personality that distinguishes him from the pack like Bowser and Ganon does? Ridley isnt anything special when it comes down to those things. he has that WOW COOL factor for a villian but that's it really. him appearing in the metroid games as a mindless flying screaming boss who is a reaccuring villain in a game doenst make someone special.

you can say youve had countless memories fighting him and all of the games he's been in but that to me doesnt warrant anyone being playble.

I dont even think Samus is gonna get another rep.now that I think about it. well not a playable rep that is. Sakurai said Metroid needs more rep. he didnt say it had to be in the form of a playable character. Ridley to me just screams boss character i hate to say it.

what people are not understanding is I wanted Ridley playable in Brawl. and I still do. but I dont see it happening now that's all. sorry if im being realistic while everyone else 100% sure he will be playable and will bet their lives on it. my bad :ohwell:

woo that was alot. lol I know it's not gonna make a dffernce. all we can do is wait. and I will do just that.

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Yeah, tstumo, all of your points were basically opinionated. And if you don't think Ridley has a personality and is just a mindless monster, read some of the manga.

Ridley for Brawl!!!!!!1

[edit]

and the win!!!!

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Ok first off I am sick and tired of people saying Ridey will be in brawl...
1.He is to big like Petey!
2. that thing that said he was in it was just a romour.

Ok he can just be a boss. But nothing eles, so sh ut up about ridey being in brawl.

Play a real Metroid game before you make a call like that one. Piss off noob.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
yeah Lee. too bad brawl isnt gonna be based on the manga. then we'd see Naruto and Goku. but hey. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom