• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Mule

Smash Rookie
This update was alright, I guess.
I think Sakurai is just doing random updates now. WHEN will it be Ridley.

Yes Ridley Prime I do like lizards.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
This week wasn't very good, but some where pretty good. Ridley is gonna be one of the last updateable chars imo. First the newcomers and veterans, and after that, unlockables :(

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
What else would the coins be for?
Ah. Good point.

I guess it's just been so long since I last played Melee (as far as trying to unlock stuff) that I forgot you could purchase trophies with coins. :ohwell:

putting them up sonics ar$e...

I feel as though I've been saying that for about four months now. Oh wait.
'Oh wait' indeed. You've probably been saying that longer than 4 months like I have. :p Maybe...

anyway..Sakurai you destroyed us Ridleys fans this week.
I'm still here. :psycho:

Sakurai seems to reveal villains later on, and I think he's trying to stretch it out between the most requested characters.
Well, King Dedede seems to have been the most requested (as far as the # of votes he got on the poll), so by that, I guess Ridley may very well be revealed soon (since he was one of the ones like Ike and Diddy Kong who got the 2nd most # of votes).

Though, I'm still fine with whenever Sakurai feels like revealing him.

Ike a charcter who i have no interest in(except now that i know he is chuck norris's strenght x4)
Blasphemy! Chuck Norris can use a sword too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brAuAG1Trtc

I think Sakurai is just doing random updates now.
You just now noticed? :p

Yes Ridley Prime I do like lizards.
Heh. Nice...

Although Ridley's technically more of a dragon/dinosaur hybrid, I still like to refer to him as a bird/lizard sometimes. xd

sakurai isnt known to displease people...
He is now :ohwell: (as far as I'm concerned).

This week wasn't very good, but some where pretty good. Ridley is gonna be one of the last updateable chars imo. First the newcomers and veterans, and after that, unlockables :(
Patience...

I believe unlockables will be revealed as well so... Ridley for December!?
Hmm. Maybe. That would be the best Christmas present Sakurai could ever give me/us...

Also, now that you're online, please add that Ridley MP3 thing I worked so hard on to the 1st post.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3290823&postcount=7914

NAO! :p

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Might add it later... pooped out after my 7-star galaxy-a-thon.
Might? :confused:

Well, that's fine for you to take your time and all, but at least add it to the 1st post eventually :ohwell: (or sometime soon), and I haven't had the time to get SMG myself yet, so...

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Also, now that you're online, please add that Ridley MP3 thing I worked so hard on to the 1st post.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=3290823&postcount=7914
Awesome work. I wrote all of that stuff before Corruption was released, which is why it isn't on there. Thanks, you'll receive teh creditz.

Might add it later... pooped out after my 7-star galaxy-a-thon.
'Might[/I' ]What the balls Lego?

For the first time ever, I think I'm going to side with Ridley Prime here. That was a much better job than I would have done, seeing as I never really had the motivation to finish Corruption.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
For the first time ever, I think I'm going to side with Ridley Prime here. That was a much better job than I would have done, seeing as I never really had the motivation to finish Corruption.
I would have already finished it if it weren't such a pain to get to the Aurora Unit. ^_^;;;;;;;;;

Phoenix_Rising

Smash Cadet
Ridley would be terrible in Brawl. I finished Prime 3 the other day and the guy was as big as a house. Boss maybe? Or AT, that would be ok. I just don't see how he could be playable.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Ridley would be terrible in Brawl. I finished Prime 3 the other day and the guy was as big as a house. Boss maybe? Or AT, that would be ok. I just don't see how he could be playable.
There's a little something called resizing. In terms of game programming, it's pretty easy to do, and Sakurai already made Ridley Samus's size in Melee so no major changes would be made at all.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
It's not what I think. It's what I know. =)
Well you're lying to yourself if you really think that. Nothing about the Bruce Lee movies are cheesy, except for the English dubbing.
Really though. How was the 70's fight between them not cheesy?
I dunno, the fact that they used real martial arts and showed great athletic ability? Especially Bruce Lee.

If you really think Bruce Lee's movies are cheesy, you have not seen any of his movies, I'm 100% sure on that. Either that, or you're stupid.
In the battle itself, the special effects were pretty horrible, the sound effects were laughably bad (especially when they made those "keya!" sounds), etc.
There was no special effects used, and the sound effects weren't bad at all as they were mostly just grunts or sounds made to add more effect to the kicks and punches. They were perfectly pulled off.
Heh. You speak as though you knew him...
Just as much as you know Chuck Norris, huh?
Chances are though, you were still sucking your thumb as a baby around the time (or after) Bruce was still alive, so you really know little to nothing of what he would or wouldn't do.
Oh yeah, I mean, I just HAD to be there to experience even though I've seen all of his movies and read multiple things about his life. Must be true!!
Whether someone is paid by the director to 'win' or 'lose' in a scene, acting is still just acting. Nothing more (and they still get paid good money in the end regardless). There's nothing degrading about that...
Of course Bruce Lee could lose normally, but he wouldn't degrade himself to lose to a failure like Chuck Norris.
There's nothing pathetic about Chuck.
Bad movies, bad views on politics, bad TV shows, tries to copy Bruce Lee, bad attempt to get money through mediocre exercise machines, fails at making a good cartoon, has stupid jokes about him that were only funny for a few seconds but got old and aren't funny to people unless they're idiots, etc. There's obviously nothing pathetic about him, right?
Alright. What is this "something" that's wrong with his acting, then? Enlighten me.
Has the same exact attitude in each movie or TV show: Some bland action cowboy/fake-badass character without hardly any interesting character. Plus his movies are a typical B-rate action flick that don't even have anything interesting about them at all.
We really don't know if the outcome would've been the same as when they fought/acted in Way of the Dragon, and we obviously will never know, so there's no use in making claims like that. :ohwell:
Could've, would've, should've...
Well, considering that Chuck Norris considers Bruce Lee to be a superior to him, I'm pretty sure Bruce Lee would win. That isn't a claim, that's a fact. Bruce Lee is probably one of, if not the, greatest martial artists to ever live.
I don't seem to recall that, so whatever.
Well, too bad, he did say it in a couple of interviews a while back. Although I can't find them right now, a lot of people know, especially martial arts buffs, know that Chuck Norris respects Bruce Lee greatly.
And even if it is true, doesn't really mean Chuck fails or sucks as a whole. Like ~Krystal~ said earlier, pretty much any man (who were to act as the bad guy in Way of the Dragon) would've lost against Bruce Lee that day.
The only thing Chuck is good at is martial arts, but everything else he pretty much fails in and really doesn't deserve the idiotic teenager fans who think he's awesome when he's not. I'm not degrading Chuck personally but he does suck at acting and many many other things, just like any other F-rate actor.
You really like claiming your opinions as facts and what not don't you?
I'm not claiming my opinions as facts, or claiming anything. It isn't an opinion that Chuck's movies were bombs big time when it came to being good. Dunno about the box office, but most high prestige movie reviewers hated it.
even if Bruce was actually stronger than Chuck at the time, that alone didn't make him a better actor or anything. They were very much the same in regards to acting.
No, not really. It's true that Bruce Lee isn't a genius actor or anything, but compared to Chuck, he beats him easily out of the water. Even if Bruce Lee had no dialogue or personality, his action scenes are enough to show how genius he is. Chuck hardly has any good action scenes other than the stereotypical one, nor do they show his physical ability much like Bruce Lee's did.
About them as people? Far from the contrary, and Bruce Lee's acting wasn't any better.
I'm not judging them personally, but Chuck is still a bad actor who starred in extremely mediocre movies. And you keep think Bruce Lee had the same acting Chuck did.
If that were true, Chuck wouldn't have half (or even 1/4) of the fame he has today. He'd be "just another karate guy out there who hardly anyone knows", but he's shown himself to be much more than that.
The only reason he has fame is because of his stupid TV show, and those equally stupid internet jokes that were stolen from the Vin Diesal joke generator. He hasn't shown himself to be even one bit of a good action star in his movies at all. He's a good martial artist, just a terrible actor. He has so much potential for better but instead he starred in terrible movies where he tried to be something he's not.
And if Bruce Lee's so great, why is it that the only time he's ever talked about nowadays is when someone happens to bring up the Chuck Norris fad?
No, it isn't always brought up, you're imagining things. Bruce Lee is still praised today as being one of the best martial artist to ever exist all across the world, he isn't just brought up to shut Chuck Norris ***gots up. He is widely respect by martial artists (like Chuck himself, which I mentioned earlier) everywhere.

Is Chuck? Nope. He just has some stupid old internet meme that isn't funny at all and a mediocre TV show. He was an excellent martial artist but isn't the best as fan-idiots think he is.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Ridley is gayer than that chris crocker guy off youtube...

Hey if you don't like Ridley you don't have to post here because all you're doing is drawing attention to yourself. In Spanish tu eres un pendejo y te puedes ir pal carajo si lo unico que vas a acer es buscar attencion.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey look at me i'm Alpha n00b I think I am the smartest person in the world because I can *gasp* type words inside a quotation code!
*Golf claps*

A shame your not dead... would have done the world (And the human race) a lot of good.

Also guys by "Might" I mean I might add it then I might add it now I might add it after then... you see?

Better add it now.

Also Bruce lee > Chuck Norris. There. Over. Now back to Ridley.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
No, you should be dead, cause your from england, so that means your UGLY!
And nobody likes ugly people, not even ugly people!
Did daddy hit mommy again? Or are you trying (Note the word trying) to insult people over the internet because you get bullied so much in real life.

But seriously people just hate you more and more with each post you make... even Luke (A pusleman supporter) thinks your and idiot. So please before you start attempting to judge the looks of someone you haven't even seen before look in the mirror and (If there is a god) kill yourself.

Good day to you sir PISS OFF.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Or are you trying (Note the word trying) to insult people over the internet because you get bullied so much in real life.
*snort*
I got bullied a lot when I was little, and you never saw me being insulting without provocation ever.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Bullied in the "You think your the best but no body likes you so the older people bully you"

Not in the "You get bullied because you cant fight back or something"

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Note new Ridley supporters: ALPHA N00B IS A TOTAL D*****BAG AND SHOULD BE TOTALLY IGNORED.
Yeah, exactly.
BTW, excellent artist of mine drew a killer pic of Rids on open canvas, I'm waiting for her to send me the screenshot.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
are you trying to insult people over the internet because you get bullied so much in real life.
Nah, i decided to make fun of you guys because of how sensitive you are to Ridly, quite amusing really.

But seriously people just hate you more and more with each post you make... even Luke (A pusleman supporter) thinks your and idiot.
I don't care what nerds think of me, besides everyone who saw his first posts know he's just some dumb j@ckass...

(If there is a god) kill yourself.
There is no god, so i live SUCKA!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Nah, i decided to make fun of you guys because of how sensitive you are to Ridly, quite amusing really.

Trust me, we get more "Lulz" out of you.

I don't care what nerds think of me, besides everyone who saw his first posts know he's just some dumb j@ckass...

Are you in so much denial that you don't think your either of those things?

There is no god, so i live SUCKA!

Well I guess I was right the past 15 years of my life.
Ten CHaRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom