• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Scottish Thread!

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Hey there, it's pretty much Melee played in Edinburgh, but I don't mind giving Brawl a shot.

I'm away from the 17th to the 24th but after then I'm pri much free for the rest of the holidays to play.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
Im back home in montrose for summer, fancy coming to play me one afternoon from like 3 until 9? I work silly hours so this is the only time i can play and only if you come to me sadly :(
Yuichi or anyone else interested?

InvisibleMuffin

Smash Cadet
Coincidentally I spent pretty much all of yesterday at a mate's flat playing brawl [and trying to teach them to be better]
Unrelated, I know, but I'm up for something if anything happens.

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
party at my place!!! everyone come over for smash! tho i'm gonna be away from the 18th to the 24th to visit friends and to attend the next london monthly XD

InvisibleMuffin

Smash Cadet
Facebook I think. That, or my phone. Unlimited texts ftw.
Just that almost noone I know uses msn any more, all of a sudden it went from at least 30 people online at any given time to 3 max.

Also the idea of me being a hipster makes me laugh/vomit

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I am on the isle of skye young grasshopper. I will return to Paisley on monday. and if your desire to play me is so great that you put exclamation marks everywhere, perhaps you should come to play me ;)

VA

Smash Hero
I guess he learned the hard way- never use exclamation marks :cool:
what? is this some kind of an attempt at a witty quip? I'll show you how this looks on my screen

I guess he learned the hard way- never use exclamation marks :-cool-:

the "cool" really adds emphasis of your intentions here.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
what? is this some kind of an attempt at a witty quip? I'll show you how this looks on my screen

I guess he learned the hard way- never use exclamation marks :-cool-:

the "cool" really adds emphasis of your intentions here.
loooool what the hell. You really are a disgrace V.A. Quoting me on some post that a) means nothing and b) took about 3 seconds of thought into just shows how much of a piece of trash you are.

I thought you quit anyway?

VA

Smash Hero
nope, still here to make you look bad and show you up. maybe you should quit since it's been what, nigh on 6 years now and you still struggle getting out of pools.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
nope, still here to make you look bad and show you up. maybe you should quit since it's been what, nigh on 6 years now and you still struggle getting out of pools.
you're just making yourself look bad VA for acting like a complete **** all the time. I actually haven't been struggling to get out of pools for quite a while but you can continue to try and insult me and prove how *****y a person you are if you want.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
lol ben perhaps the amount of thought that went into that post was its downfall as its very ambiguous. I wasn't sure if you were making a dig at me so I chose to ignore it. Anyway its coo'. Are you still considering another phantom hits?

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
lol ben perhaps the amount of thought that went into that post was its downfall as its very ambiguous. I wasn't sure if you were making a dig at me so I chose to ignore it. Anyway its coo'. Are you still considering another phantom hits?
yeah. I'll put any information on whether it can happen etc on the boards as it happens

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Hello

Im at the University of Glasgow as an exchange student. From the looks of this thread the community in scotland doesnt seem to be thriving so well, but I wanted to know if anyone around here is up for playing any time soon

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Hello

Im at the University of Glasgow as an exchange student. From the looks of this thread the community in scotland doesnt seem to be thriving so well, but I wanted to know if anyone around here is up for playing any time soon
Alright man :) there are a few active players they just don't use this website as much. If you're a melee player id be up for having a few games :D

:phone:

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Yes I am definitely a melee player. When might you be available to play? I am mostly free today and this weekend. I'll be in glasgow in a couple hours. Beyond that, Im not sure about my class schedule this week, but I might try to make it to london this weekend. Tell me what you think

Also, if this website isnt frequented too much, how do u suggest i get involved more effectively?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
oh cool, if you wanna play anyone while you're in london try contacting alpha dash, he hosts a lot.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
What part of London have you been in since there's smasher all over London...hopefully it's South because that would mean you were super close but to be honest you can travel anywhere in London to another place in London easily

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
yeah; i may have done that if i had thought ahead and brought a controller. im in glasgow now so i suppose ill have to wait until next weekend. but i was near euston station at the London school of economics; the underground lets u go anywhere here lol

Jolteon

oh well, even still it'll be cool to meet you next weekend anyway. the top 3 players (fuzz/prof/va) will be there, maybe the 4th best if he doesn't flake (retroking) and several other good top-10/potental top-10 players as well.

Jolteon

we get americans semi frequently. the only europeans that attended recently (off the top of my head) were lawrencelot and smakis.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
main communication between scottish smashers is over msn or mobile.

my msn is naedanger@hotmail.co.uk

but yeah Id be up for playing, Im in glasgow regularly, there is also Looman who'd be up for something. Then theres Josh, Yujie and Allan in Edinburgh. not sure if Mr P still plays but hes kickin aboot. So theres moderate activity when people can be bothered.

And theres some decent players. Im an old dog but used to be top 2 in the UK. was a while ago but I still have some moves bro. and josh is a very good falcon. Havent played Yujie yet but Ive heard hes absolutely terrible?!?!? Hes not Ive heard hes good too.

So yeah, I suggest you play some of the scottish haggis types before going all the way to London to play . I'll private mail you my number and we can arrange some games.

Also, I have possibly the best roy in the world.

whereabouts in glasgow are you staying man?

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Thanks for all the lovely info.

Im at the university of glasgow; my flat is on hillhead street.

Ive added u on msn and u should receive a text from me in the next few minutes.

Also, every roy player ive met thinks he's the best lol

Who do u main? ganon?

Top Bottom