• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
'Sup Brandon?
Why are people forcing me to play Sheik dittos now? The ones I have with Foos are enough already. :<
I don't really play Samus anymore cause I got tired of losing to characters that are actually good. I can still play Samus and I always will be able to... I think I just like Sheik more now days :|

p.s. IHSB is amazing and is one of my favorite Samus players :)

Surreal

Smash Ace
You have to pay to enter a smashfest?

Also I'm not that poor so much as I'm personally always broke because I always have to save as much as possible for school. Our family isn't well off but our apartment isn't too bad either.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I don't really play Samus anymore cause I got tired of losing to characters that are actually good. I can still play Samus and I always will be able to... I think I just like Sheik more now days :|

p.s. IHSB is amazing and is one of my favorite Samus players :)
we should play, ill show you the machine is not as bad as you think :p

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
we should play, ill show you the machine is not as bad as you think :p
Yeah we should. I just got really depressed after maining a character for 7 years and then coming across the idea that I may be held back by my character since it seems like Samus will never be able to win a tournament. I'd like to still think my Samus is pretty sweet as far as Samus' go. :|

Binx

Smash Master
Yeah I used to feel that way about iceclimbers too sometimes, now I've realised though that I just need to space that much better and im fine.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
My ability to come depends on if I can get a ride :p

Also, I think if I'm going to do a LOST, I'm going to do a venue change. Guardian Games has been great, but it's been hard to schedule around their higher priority events (since they're mainly about card game/board games more than video games). I found a small game store off of Tigard, so I plan on checking up on that hopefully today.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Seriously do I have to pay for the BB smashfests? lol
Just $5, Bro. This is a legit place of business and even the Street Fighter guys have to pay the fee on their night. Gameclucks does the same thing for their smashfests. (to bad no one shows up to those lol)

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Just $5, Bro. This is a legit place of business and even the Street Fighter guys have to pay the fee on their night. Gameclucks does the same thing for their smashfests. (to bad no one shows up to those lol)
Is the smashfest today or thursday?

keeper

Smash Champion
Better than when you played Link. Just sayin'.

I would MUCH rather play fox.
This is my Fox we're talking about here. It's got all the campy delight that my other characters have.

christianizcool

Smash Cadet
I don't think I can make it out today :\ So much going on.
But I will be there next week! And if anyone goes to or is around PSU and wants to Smash, let me know. I have classes Tuesday and Thursday that end around 7PM, but besides that, I am pretty much free.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
I don't think I can make it out today :\ So much going on.
But I will be there next week! And if anyone goes to or is around PSU and wants to Smash, let me know. I have classes Tuesday and Thursday that end around 7PM, but besides that, I am pretty much free.
Why don't you come down on Saturday to see what the tournament scene is like?

Surreal

Smash Ace
Thanks to Yugo for letting the fee slide. I'll pay you next time I see you.

Thanks to Brandon for driving me to PCC afterwards to get home without being lost.

Thanks to Evan for showing me where to go and for bearing with my quiet awkward self as usual.

****ard and Postman you both got better. That or I'm just rusty. Or both.

Was nice seeing everyone.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
So Smashfest at my house IS happening on Friday. Pretty much anytime after 5 or 6 people can come over. I live in Sellwood, send PM's or text messages if you wanna come and I will send address. I have 2 gamecubes two copies of the game etc... I NEED TV's though, so if people can bring them, it would be awesome.

People are welcome to stay Friday, and then head over to the tournament Saturday. I can't house Saturday night, so if WA is coming Friday, you are welcome to stay, but I work on Sunday, and can't have a grip of people hanging out Saturday night/Sunday morning.

Everyone is welcome, just get at me.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
GG's everyone from last night. Due to work I'll probably never be able to make a Saturday tournament but I could probably start making this wednesday thing at least somewhat regular!

Shoutouts to postman for going from me 2-3 stocking you only to have you beat me in round 1 like 15 minutes later. I can make 'I choked' johns all day but you definitely learned the match fast.

Shoutout to Jesse for letting you down and only going 2-2 :[

Shoutout to Evan hoping that we can find a better way to resolve our matches than Sheik dittos...

Shoutout to James! Nice seeing you again (if you're even reading this.) I realized how much I learned from you about Samus like 6-7 years ago... hahah I've gone so far.

And just shoutouts to everyone else in Oregon for showing up. Definitely enjoyed myself and will probably be showing up more and bringing Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom