• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

debaser

Smash Lord
jonny foos and bird should definitely be above me. I know I barely beat paul last time but he is a better competitor and overall a more versatile falco.

jonny and foos are straight up better than me.

edit hella down for puff tourney. for real

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I like how ive never fought minh.

edit:Whens the next bestbout? I need to MM Debaser, Bird, and Binx. Allen too if your interested.
second edit:We should have a falcon only tournament so I can get first :)
Next best bout if your talking weekly is gonna be Wednesday. If you're talking monthly it's gonna be on the 19th. As far as a PR goes I'm down for taking about 5 or 6 peoples votes and averaging them out after the next best bout. Probably be best if we can get like 2 people from each region.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
OMG not to sound like stereotypical shooter person, but Battlefield 3's graphics on a more consistent gaming computer is just godly. I'm definitely thinking of getting it, I just hope that all the hype doesn't get all of those annoying CoD players into Battlefield lol.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Next best bout if your talking weekly is gonna be Wednesday. If you're talking monthly it's gonna be on the 19th. As far as a PR goes I'm down for taking about 5 or 6 peoples votes and averaging them out after the next best bout. Probably be best if we can get like 2 people from each region.
Who should these 5 or 6 people be?

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Who should these 5 or 6 people be?
Idk I was just hoping 2 people from central oregon and 2 people from Soregon would step up. I don't know all their melee players or how good they are from Noregon i'd vote like gage and binx they have a pretty good comprehension on most of the peoples skill who go to tournaments.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Well if theres only a couple smashers in central oregon then maybe more the smashers should just be from nor-oregon. I just think thats where most of Oregons smashers are.

Binx

Smash Master
So yeah lets decide on a panel then.

I think Gage, Juce, me, foos, and someone from corvalis who attends tourneys would probably be the best setup. Timmy or Tommy would probably be a decent choice as well if they played more melee ^_^. I think minh would be good too but he seems to be really busy so I don't know if he'd be down for it or not.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm too much out of the loop with Melee to vote. If I had to be a panelist I'd have to research all the past tournament results and go watch the most recent videos of tournament\friendlies, and that would be asking too much of me. But a thanks for the nod as a panelist, Binx.

If you guys are going with a panel-based PR, then that saves me the time of calculating tournament results for a performance-based PR. :3

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Tommy doesn't like melee. Timmy does to an extent. Speaking as someone who knows the players in corvallis, I would pick Allen or paul. There are other players at their skill level in corvallis, but they don't play for tournaments unless they have easy access to one. Allen would be the better choice because he has more connection and interest in the community.

debaser

Smash Lord
PR sounds pretty good. But man... We have a lot of work to do.
yeah seriously. but we got a pretty good snowball going right now.

I think in a year or two we'll have some seriously legit players. people might actually start to realize oregon has a melee scene.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
So yeah lets decide on a panel then.

I think Gage, Juce, me, foos, and someone from corvalis who attends tourneys would probably be the best setup. Timmy or Tommy would probably be a decent choice as well if they played more melee ^_^. I think minh would be good too but he seems to be really busy so I don't know if he'd be down for it or not.
If Minh doesn't want to or can't I would be down.

zyzzx

Smash Cadet
Hi!

Sooo you guys have a bit of a brawl scene going on in Portland or still mostly melee? I just moved here for a while and was pretty big into brawl when I was in florida a year or so ago and wouldn't mind playing some smash again. :)

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
yeah seriously. but we got a pretty good snowball going right now.

I think in a year or two we'll have some seriously legit players. people might actually start to realize oregon has a melee scene.
That is much too long. People need to do some serious power leveling asap... :bee:

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Hi!

Sooo you guys have a bit of a brawl scene going on in Portland or still mostly melee? I just moved here for a while and was pretty big into brawl when I was in florida a year or so ago and wouldn't mind playing some smash again. :)
Theres some brawl but most of the people in this thread are serious melee players.
Timmy would probably know the most about that stuff.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Hi!

we do have a brawl scene but winter isn't the best time for most of oregon A lot of the brawl players are on all is brawl in the oregon group

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
if people keep going to gameclucks, that'll happen.
That being said... I am definitely going up next month again. I am more than willing to drive (thanks for driving this time Cat!). When it starts to get closer we should organize for real. I just want to get the word out, and hopefully people can start planning to have that time available... We should try to get 1 or even 2 cars going if we possibly can.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
That being said... I am definitely going up next month again. I am more than willing to drive (thanks for driving this time Cat!). When it starts to get closer we should organize for real. I just want to get the word out, and hopefully people can start planning to have that time available... We should try to get 1 or even 2 cars going if we possibly can.
Ill def come next time.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
Hey **** Lizard! had fun today and looking forward to real teams. Go Go Space Machine!
Ive always thought of myself as more of a **** wizard than a lizard lol but yeah teams is fun!!

@ratking: dude im so down as long as nothing randomly happens that weekend. Also I can help with the driving and gas.

:phone:

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
If the plans hadn't been made a couple hours beforehand, I would have totally gone with you. But I was not in the mood to find a way to get you guys to pick me up somewhere, since I live in an non-geographically-pleasing area of portland.

cmin

Smash Ace
Ive always thought this. WE NEED A NOR-OREGON VS SOUTH OREGON CREW BATTLE.
ill start for the north side :)
this sounds like a super fun idea. Crews is like the most fun a man can have in smash. soregons need to come up more often

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
So I can't for the life of me find my ****ing Melee disk or Memory card and I'm getting really aggravated about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom