• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binx

Smash Master
K got ahold of yugo BB doesn't open til 7 so I'm gonna have to go there to get my controller at 7 before I can meet up with the rest of you guys for the carpool. Ryan can you PM me your number or gimme a call so we can work out specifically where I'm gonna meet you.

Also if we are all sharing rooms should I bring blankets and crap or are we gonna let room service know in advance how many people are gonna be in the room so they will actually bring us crap?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Now that I'm home I'm going to tell t0mmy to put that on front page of AiB.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Do you mean that went to Manifest, Postman? If so, none of us. If you mean there in general, I am. I'm the only active Eugene melee player that frequents these boards. The rest are all in a fb group.

T1MMY

Smash Apprentice
What players are from Eugene?
In addition to Infinitora there's also t0mmy, Jonix, Whitty, Adam, Ethan, Dannin, Jarod, Keith, Mike, Oliver. Bart is here from Grant's Pass, Tudios and Shin moved to Portland, Trebor is probably more like NorCal/Portland right now.

Those are just the smasher's I saw at the last couple tournaments (minus Shin and Tudios of whom come to visit but don't necessarily attend tournaments). There's also an Aaron that isn't the Infinitora Aaron (who entered SSB-VC Doubles with Jonix at BCG2), as well as Cory, Dakota, and the rest of the guys they play with (but these guys haven't ever attended a tournament I've been at).

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I wouldn't consider jonix and whitty melee smashers. I had a talk with jonix and he was like, "THere's no way I could ever get into melee competitively. If I had known there was a melee scene when I joined I would have been all over it, but as it stands it's just too technical to introduce myself into at this point in my smash career." He then proceeded to compare how my technical prowess in melee is greater than his technical prowess with snake.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
There's currently a very active melee scene at Adam's place multiple times a week. I've gone 3 times the last week and a half. Are you coming down here Postman? We have weekly tournies too, it's awesome.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
So, its spring break and I am at my grandparent's house, which is nice. However, I am bored in the day and have been playing a little smash. However, I am afraid that if I play too much I will grow accustomed to the ****ty lvl 9 DI and predictability, and may get worse at fighting real, thinking people. Does this fear hold any water? Also, is there anyone who wants to smash sometime this week in the Dalles or Portland? (Edit: This is my 21st post, which is my main, Yoshi's spot in the teir list. It is also a winning number in blackjack. Lucky post count?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom