• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hey, quick question for the Corvallis players. Which apartments are close to campus, and which do you find optimal in price to quality? Not dorms, just apartments near OSU.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
There are quite a few apartments close to campus. I don't know any of their names, but my experience is that you'll be paying a lot for sub-standard housing. I never really wanted to move into an apartment though, so I didn't see many. If you're looking for cheaper, I'd go for a house with multiple people in it at least a couple blocks from campus.

ChinesePanda777

Smash Apprentice
You can get some reasonable places for about $300-400 per person per month (with or without utilities, just depends). I've lived in 2 apartment complexes, the farthest being a mile away, and it really doesn't take long to get around even if you walk/bike.

I don't know if those prices qualify as sub-standard but they were fine with me as far as room goes. My first place was a quad of small 1 room thingies. The space was fine, but they all shared 1 kitchen. That sucks when people decide to steal your stuff so don't go to those places >_<

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Lol at Master Hand and Meta Knight being banned in the Melee FC rules.

I'm amused to find my old (2008-2009) wording still being used in the Brawl rules.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
That was probably the only set where anyone went their mains. Besides ****ard going all falco, cause he sucks and is no fun.

Unrelated, I'm bringing Project M to the next weekly. It's fun. We gotta do more Lucas dittos, Ben.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Project M Lucas is such a troll. "I'm chargin' mah UP SMASH!".
(in other words, he's lots of fun to use)

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I think it well, yeah. It's too early to tell, but let me put it this way: if there's a chance it won't have a good turnout on either event, I'll postpone it 'til a later date. So, in other words, if enough people commit to coming, I'll hold it, but if I even suspect the turnout might be underwhelming, I'll cancel it a few days in advance to save everyone the trouble.

The Melee people I'm hoping for are:

-EWA, though, they're hesitant about coming due to similar concerns. Though, if they knew there'd be a good turnout, they'd come. Artifice, Chip, Kamaji, Brady, Jamnt0ast and Xnpio are the EWA Melee people.
-You guys (hopefully a full carpool if possible)
-Eastern OR people (Cyrain's girlfriend (I think??) Danielle, and whoever else she brings.
-Randoms

I'm hoping for at least 15 for Melee. If those three carpools commit, it's guaranteed to be a minimum of 15.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
I thought the tone of my posts / lack of grammatical errors would make it obvious it was me. My bad.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom