• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Who's carpool to IE Smash has a spot open that I can get in on this weekend? Turns out nobody else in Eugene is going.

Binx

Smash Master
Speaking of not needing Hugo I took some photos of the tournament area im thinking of posting once I get more info about when its free I'll post some pics and link a tournament thread, get hype, prolly gonna be a few months out to get good attendance from WA.

Also jk Hugo, I miss you running our tournies, foos does great but you build hella hype during matches.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Hey Foos! You gotta come down to the SRK League. I was talking with the owner and he said he's down to run a Smash event any day, any time.

@Jiz.zard
I ran into someone there who said he knew you. Small world.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
I'd love to come down but my car broke down again yesterday. But I should be getting that fixed today or tomorrow so I might be able to make it down sometime next week or something.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Foos,
I usually give at least 2 weeks heads-up before a tournament, so no rush on coming down. XD
I'm thinking August would work best. The owners have already said August 25th would be a good weekend, so I might as well go with that.

Binx

Smash Master
I might be a little late because I'm waiting for a pair of gunnars to come in the mail, i can't believe they aren't here yet TT

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The SRK League just got new couches! They're really comfortable and there's at least four of them which gives you an idea of how spacious the place is.

I'll go down there today and confirm the 25th for an event! :D

T0MMY

Smash Master
We definitely need to remind them to mark their calendars for the 25th, when they said that day was open it was kind of a busy day and they could have easily forgotten.
Remind them today, and update them very often how things are shaping up. Ever since last BCG I've been more paranoid about venue's pulling out last minute.

Edit: Who's this Hugo guy everyone is in love with?????? The guy with the huge pecs & sword with a snake wrapped around his shoulders all the time ([0.0];
Yeah, that guy is pretty chill.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
lol yea i have a buddy who has been going there. was his name calvin? he said he knows someone who works there so he gets free membership? idk. he really like the place though

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Yup, it was Calvin. He said he knew someone who played Smash and it ended up being you. And yes, SRK League is pretty awesome. I go there almost every day.

Tournament info:

"Go For It!"

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
In case any of the Melee players were wondering, the cash prize at Shoryuken League for Melee Singles will be what you guys normally do for tournaments. If I'm not mistaken that'll be $5, but someone correct me if it's different.

Pay-outs
4 to 7 teams: 70-30 payout to 1st/2nd
8+ teams: 60-30-10 payout to 1st/2nd/3rd

I will also be running additional events after Melee Singles finishes. These events will include Melee Doubles, Project: M, Brawl, SSB (on Virtual Console), and possibly others depending on time and interest. Entrance for these will likely be $1 and winner-takes-all, or free entrance and playing for bragging rights (and League Points, see below)

League Points
Whitty has finished making a database for tournaments held at the Shoryuken League. Your tournament placement will earn you League Points in the games that you enter which will create a Leader Board ranking. As of right now, League Points are just there for ranking players but Whitty says that there may be prizes involved in some way.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Shoryuken League date is set for 25th :^]

Words cannot describe how awesome that place is, really the best venue we could ask for. The only problem is their bar opens at 5pm so they ask minors to leave at that time so we may have to try to get Melee done by that time (and any other events being held) unless everyone happens to be over 21.
There are all kinds of arcade games and retro consoles as well as Xbox and PS3s set up for freeplay and any game you want you can play all day. Between matches and after tourney there's plenty to do :^D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I talked with the owner again today and he said he's going to be very accommodating for the tourney. He even said that he'd get a stream set up for us if we wanted. If there's anything I can do for anyone just ask.

BTW, I have a GCN for an exclusive Melee station and a Wii that can be used for everything, so if anyone can bring any set-up please do it.

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Results for melee: 1st shane, 2nd Female version of axe, 3rd Fishy, 4th Brick
doubles: 1st Shane & adam, 2nd Female version of axe & foos, 3rd Alien and Bird.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Ryan has always been so good. Adam is Adechrist (God with a Wavebird).
I don't know who 'Female version of Axe' is, nor 'Fishy'.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
^ I agree. But if anything I feel like it would hurt participation. Most of the community doesn't place top 3, so increasing the buy-in only gives the best players more money.

I feel like the point of an entrance fee is to get people to try their best so that they can win money/get their money back. For me 5 dollars is incentive enough, I might still pay $10 but I'd probably come up to Portland less :/, gas already costs $50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom