• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Tier List

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Jiggs can approach with N-Air. Most other approaches are way too easy to knock away. Rest combos are good, but everyone above her generally has kill methods that are either on the same level, better or more reliable.

D

Deleted member

i'd personally switch dk and jiggly

even if dk beats jiggly all jiggly needs is a grab and jiggly played really good will never not get a kill from a grab (against most characters)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i'd personally switch dk and jiggly

even if dk beats jiggly all jiggly needs is a grab and jiggly played really good will never not get a kill from a grab (against most characters)
Really? Maybe at low percents but at like 40% grab-> aerial stops comboing (unless I'm doing it wrong or something).

I want to see more vids of a good jiggly then to pick up some tips.

D

Deleted member

theres a lot of ways

weak aerial that you can tap them with into a rest

reverse pound

MattNF

Smash Lord
weak reverse fair into rest is a fun and easy combo and works against most chars

Superstar

Smash Champion
Recovery isn't really a main issue, though it really doesn't help him at all.

DSmash is useful...as an edgeguard only. If you throw that out of nowhere, well, lol.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
recovery is his biggest issue. Say you get thrown off as ness, they just ftilt your 2nd jump or something lol then your stock is basically gone after many bairs or something

DMoogle

A$
recovery is his biggest issue. Say you get thrown off as ness, they just ftilt your 2nd jump or something lol then your stock is basically gone after many bairs or something
This.

Link would probably be a good 5 or so places higher if his recovery was... more like Pikachu's.

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
I'd argue the opposite of that. I'd say friendlies are a better way of determining skill level than tournaments. Some people are terrible tourney players, they can't handle the pressure. But just because they aren't good in tourneys doesn't mean they're not a good player.

example for u, lovage, since I know ur buddies with colbol:

My little buddy cobol (been in my crew since he was 12) got like 49th or some crap at Genesis. Everyone knows Colbol's skill level was on par if not better than most of the top 5/10 at Genesis. The only player in Florida who consistently beats him more than he beats them is Shiz yet 4 FL players placed top 10 while he got 49th.

My point is that even the best players can choke in tourneys. But just because they choke doesn't mean they aren't still 1 of the top players. Judging skill level off 50-100 friendlies is a hell of a lot better predictor of skill level than a couple tourney matches where anything can and does happen.
I'd have to disagree with you there though that does make sense. Part of being good is to know how to control your emotions (not choking) sure a person could be better than someone because they aren't ****ing up. But because they are ****ing up and the other person isn't, that other person is therefore better because he is able to play with a clear head.

One of the Chess rules I've learned which I apply to life. Never panic, otherwise you will make mistake after mistake causing you to lose.

Best thing to do is to take a deep breathe and clear your head then accept what you have lost in order to keep the match, rather then trying to keep EVERYTHING together and losing the match.

No. No he shouldn't.

Has anyone else noticed Isai jokes are ridiculously overdone and almost never remotely humorous?
I lol'd. So shut up your face!

dch111

Smash Journeyman
In some scenarios (when both Link and Ness are at the distance from the stage that Link can choose to upB to the platform or to the edge), even Link's recovery is better than Ness's. If the Ness chooses to drop first and then do an upB to the edge, he is stopped by a simple tilt attack. If the Ness chooses to upB from where he is, he is easily interrupted before he can even finish. In both cases, his decision can be seen from a mile away. Link on the other hand can at least drop and upB quickly to the edge, less time for the opponent to respond, or he could even upB to the platform but slip-off to the edge. Not to mention retaliating from the edge is also better with Link since Ness's ledgehop is so slow.

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
In some scenarios (when both Link and Ness are at the distance from the stage that Link can choose to upB to the platform or to the edge), I'd argue that even Link's recovery is better than Ness's. If the Ness chooses to drop first and then do an upB to the edge, he is stopped by a simple tilt attack. If the Ness chooses to upB from where he is, he is easily interrupted before he can even finish. In both cases, his decision can be seen from a mile away. Link on the other hand can at least drop and upB quickly to the edge, less time for the opponent to respond, or he could even upB to the platform but slip-off to the edge. Not to mention retaliating from the edge is also better with Link since Ness's ledgehop is so slow.
How do you upB to the platform but slip off to the edge?

Superstar

Smash Champion
Recovery is his biggest issue, but making it better wouldn't do much to him unless you made it like Mario's or Pikachu [and to some extent Kirby/Jiggs]. If you gave him Pikachu's recovery he'd be pretty insane, because part of Pikachu's recovery is that crazy x-speed. :3 But if you gave him, say, Fox's UpB, at best overall he'd go up 1 or 2 spots.

Usually, it's hard to have a good recovery AND a good approach, I notice. Maybe I'm wrong there.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
pika shouldnt be able to use his up+b another time if he gets hit while/after using it, a bit like brawl Pit

NOW WOULD BE PIKA BE LOW OR BOTTOM?
Pikachu is top tier since he can go off the stage as well to gimp easier.

He would probably be 1 spot below fox if this was true.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
i wished sima's ness played isai's piakchu to show you how awesome ness is :p
and i dont really get fox being on the same tier is pikachu, there almost ok matched up but theres a lot more room for error with a pikachu i reckon.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
and i dont really get fox being on the same tier is pikachu, there almost ok matched up but theres a lot more room for error with a pikachu i reckon.
Ness is MUCH better in the japanese version, thats one of the main reasons why Sima seems to be so good

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
For the first question: as Nixxon said, japanese tier would be different.

Link is better due to having an up as broken as Kirby's in the American version
Ness and Yoshi would have easier 0 to deaths
Falcon's recovery is much better in japanese version
Jigglypuff would be most likely slightly worse due to a worse rest
And otherwise that you wouldn't be able to DI out of drills so everyone would have incredibly easy 0 to deaths.
It would really come down even more than ssb for n64 for who has the best approachs and priority.

For the second part, fox has as many really good matchups as pikachu has. Sure pikachu is easier to play as, but if this was true, then kirby would be top tier since Kirby is incredibly easy to use.

D

Deleted member

japanese nesses playing american version ness is a work of art

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Makes sense. I think Pika's pretty far above Fox though.
pikachu is overpowered...its just that since characters can really combo pikachu heavy...its not as big a threat as compared to Metaknight in brawl due to the combos. Both of them are equally broken outside of stages. Also, fox has as good a matchups overall as Pikachu. Its just that Pikachu has more broken matchups and Fox has a weakness on Dreamland.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I'm just going to go ahead and ask it.

Is link on the tier list where he is now mainly because of his recovery?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Link also has other noticeable cons. He has several very poor matchups, he has several slow-ish moves and is a fairly easy combo target due to his weight/falling speed. Recovery is probably still his worst flaw.

Top Bottom