• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next Generation: Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Trading drought ninetales for drizzle politoad
You'll have more luck with this if you go to the Wi-Fi thread. Also, please use the edit button rather than double-posting.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Serebii.net has recently pointed out that when you check the status of your Pokemon, a pentagon icon will be visible if the Pokemon was earned legally.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, couldn't you just hack a pokemon with perfect stats and breed it?

Wouldn't the baby show up as legal?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, couldn't you just hack a pokemon with perfect stats and breed it?

Wouldn't the baby show up as legal?
We won't know for sure how the Pokemon Bank will handle Pokemon transferring. For all we know, it may not even accept Pokemon who appear legit if their PIDs are too identical.

Edit: Update on the pentagon icon. Apparently, it's only present on Pokemon that you've caught legally at the Kalos region. Part of this info is from an upcoming tournament, which does not allow the usage of Pokemon transferred from the 5th generation.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
is anyone able connect to the internet i keep getting an error code 006-0811 every time i try getting on to wonder trade..

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
is anyone able connect to the internet i keep getting an error code 006-0811 every time i try getting on to wonder trade..
I got that error earlier tonight, it said something about server maintenance so I assumed that's what the case was.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I was challenged by a passerby earlier named Limey. He had a team of 6 Linoones. One of them froze my Gliscor with Ice Beam.

Naturally I gave him the win. He deserved it after that.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
When going through a PokeRadar chain and you encounter a different Pokemon, is the chance of that Pokemon being shiny still elevated from the effects of the chain it will break/just broke?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is technically a chance for ANY pokemon to be shiny...

But my best guess that if it's in a shiny patch of grass, that it'll be shiny regardless of what pokemon you run in to.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I've been doing the fishing chain for shinnies. so far i found a calm horsea and a jolly clauncher (-_-) could probably use the horsea but clauncher needs its opposite nature...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here are some notes that should probably be kept in mind at the Battle Maison. All of this is coming from my Battle Institute run earlier today...

*All Pokemon that the normal trainers use will have 20 IVs for all stats.
*When facing the Battle Chatelaines, their Pokemon may have their IVs set at 30, if not 31.
*Unlike the Battle Subway, however, the opposing Pokemon may have their secret abilities.
*When compared to the Battle Subway, the Battle Maison's standard battles focus on Pokemon from all regions, instead of only the ones in the Unova region alone.

Now, I could be wrong, but I think some of the Pokemon movesets in the link after the spoiler box are reused at the Battle Maison's super battles. Some of which may most likely include the following...

Pokemon | Nature | Item | Move 1 | Move 2 | Move 3 | Move 4 | EV distribution

Donphan | Adamant | Quick Claw | Earthquake | Stone Edge | Seed Bomb | Fissure | Atk/SpD
Lickilicky | Adamant | Lax Incense | Body Slam | Power Whip | Earthquake | Explosion | HP/Atk
Gliscor | Jolly | Focus Sash | Earthquake | Acrobatics | U-turn | Counter | HP/Spd
Dusknoir | Relaxed | Lum Berry | Shadow Sneak | Pain Split | Destiny Bond | Trick Room | HP/SpD
Serperior | Jolly | Lum Berry | Attract | Leaf Tornado | Dragon Tail | Gastro Acid | Def/Spd/SpD
Krookodile | Jolly | Liechi Berry | Earthquake | Pursuit | Low Sweep | Rock Slide | Atk/Spd
Mandibuzz | Careful | Leftovers | Substitute | Swagger | Punishment | Roost | HP/Def/SpD

http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BattleSubwayData6.txt

Now, what I don't know is if any Mega Pokemon are used as well. Probably not, since they can't utilize the held items that the normal Pokemon can use. But still, we should at least know if any Mega Pokemon are present there.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Here are some notes that should probably be kept in mind at the Battle Maison. All of this is coming from my Battle Institute run earlier today...

*All Pokemon that the normal trainers use will have 20 IVs for all stats.
*When facing the Battle Chatelaines, their Pokemon may have their IVs set at 30, if not 31.
*Unlike the Battle Subway, however, the opposing Pokemon may have their secret abilities.
*When compared to the Battle Subway, the Battle Maison's standard battles focus on Pokemon from all regions, instead of only the ones in the Unova region alone.

Now, I could be wrong, but I think some of the Pokemon movesets in the link after the spoiler box are reused at the Battle Maison's super battles. Some of which may most likely include the following...

Pokemon | Nature | Item | Move 1 | Move 2 | Move 3 | Move 4 | EV distribution

Donphan | Adamant | Quick Claw | Earthquake | Stone Edge | Seed Bomb | Fissure | Atk/SpD
Lickilicky | Adamant | Lax Incense | Body Slam | Power Whip | Earthquake | Explosion | HP/Atk
Gliscor | Jolly | Focus Sash | Earthquake | Acrobatics | U-turn | Counter | HP/Spd
Dusknoir | Relaxed | Lum Berry | Shadow Sneak | Pain Split | Destiny Bond | Trick Room | HP/SpD
Serperior | Jolly | Lum Berry | Attract | Leaf Tornado | Dragon Tail | Gastro Acid | Def/Spd/SpD
Krookodile | Jolly | Liechi Berry | Earthquake | Pursuit | Low Sweep | Rock Slide | Atk/Spd
Mandibuzz | Careful | Leftovers | Substitute | Swagger | Punishment | Roost | HP/Def/SpD

http://members.shaw.ca/teamrocketelite/BattleSubwayData6.txt

Now, what I don't know is if any Mega Pokemon are used as well. Probably not, since they can't utilize the held items that the normal Pokemon can use. But still, we should at least know if any Mega Pokemon are present there.
I've gotten through the doubles to round 49 and i didn't see any mega pokemon only legendaries that chatelaine and a random round npc (45) had. the chatelaine had the johto trio and latios while i was using in order mega chomp, rotom wash, talonflame, and aegislash

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So I'm probably taking it that Mega Pokemon aren't used at all. I had a hunch that that might've been the case, much like how you never battle against the Therian Formes of Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I've gotten through the doubles to round 49 and i didn't see any mega pokemon only legendaries that chatelaine and a random round npc (45) had. the chatelaine had the johto trio and latios while i was using in order mega chomp, rotom wash, talonflame, and aegislash
Probably trivial question, but were those all registered in your Pokedex or is it all not counted like in previous gens? If there's a legitimate way to unlock legendary models early other than the cafe's then I would be going through it.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Probably trivial question, but were those all registered in your Pokedex or is it all not counted like in previous gens? If there's a legitimate way to unlock legendary models early other than the cafe's then I would be going through it.
they aren't counted in the pokedex..

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's weird is most pokemon's forms, including megas, go into the pokedex

But furfrou's cuts don't

Top Bottom