• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nexus Presents: A Melee Tourney 12/7/08

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
yay unbanned :)

and i doubt i can make it to this. finals are too epic. :(

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
Alright, here's the situation:

Finals ARE here for us college goers, so this Sunday was just a baaaad pick of days, as well as the fact that for those of us with jobs, work is also there unfortunately. I don't know if I will STAY for the tournament because of finals, HOWEVER I can lend my 2 cubes and 4 controllers if needed (I also have a small screen which can be used to play friendlies). I live 2 minutes away (by foot, lol. No really. I do. Old Boynton Road, Sky Lake). My attendance will be based on my confidence after Friday. I will try my hardest to be there.

Leh

Smash Ace
Opus hell yeah we could really use the cubes + melee if you can lend it.
The tourney wont be long, its melee, i guarentee it'll be over by like 6 or something.

Melee players show up for diz

Leh

Smash Ace
Zp is 30 mins further then nexus so its fine.
Your coming qdvs i know your prepared.

Opus_IX

Smash Cadet
Haha, Synikal. We come from Boynton, us Boynton Smashers. All joking aside, though, you know me from FAU.

And, yes, SlyNKee, you are correct. I'm guessing I know you from FAU as well? And Judging by your sig, I'm pretty sure I know who you are as well.

Anyway, turns out my exam line up AFTER the weekend is lookin' pretty easy. Well, easier than what I've got comin to me on the Friday before the weekend.

So, yeah, I guess I'll show up for the tournament.

One more thing: You guys want the fun version (where Bowser and Mewtwo are most definitely broken), or the not so exciting version?

lol @ Mewtwo's f-throw.

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Who are you?

I'm likely gonna come to this. Since it should be over early and I only have one exam the following Tuesday, I'll have plenty of time to study.

-Kye

Finch

Smash Lord
ok yeah I just planned out my schedule for finals week and it would be really ******** of me to go to this. I have a 7 page paper and an italian final on tuesday, and there's no way I can start either of those this week so I need my sunday and monday clear. Sorry matt, this is just not a good date. I'll probably go to linguini's tournament on the 20th though, so I'll see you there.

Leh

Smash Ace
Its all good finch.
Im just gonna kill you when i see you.

****in IC mains.

Finch

Smash Lord
rofl, in the meantime I'll be in the frozen north wavedashing up and down mountains and learning how to be an ice climber. If you try to kill me next time you see me I'll just club you with my hammer like I do baby seals.

Leh

Smash Ace
rofl, in the meantime I'll be in the frozen north wavedashing up and down mountains and learning how to be an ice climber. If you try to kill me next time you see me I'll just club you with my hammer like I do baby seals.
Little do you know that i secretly am ganondorf.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
And, yes, SlyNKee, you are correct. I'm guessing I know you from FAU as well? And Judging by your sig, I'm pretty sure I know who you are as well.
Never been to FAU, if you know me, you know me from Nexus. Ive worked there for years (both locations.) If you are the person im thinking of you're the asian lookin kid that used to go to old nexus and play casually with some girl, that was back when all of us at nexus were really into smash. We are getting back into it slowly, if you are that kid then you've come a long way from how you used to play at nexus 2 years ago at nexus.

And yes, I play pink Samus.

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm coming...I have to check my schedule to be sure.

Will there be any recorders there? I want to get some vids up.

Top Bottom