• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Transitioning to Mvc3. I already can play 2, I know AT's and infinites and everything but its way to late to get into the meta game so when the new one comes its gonna be my main game to focus on. I'll probably play teams in melee every now and then but I keep getting bored with melee, even when I play good. Its just time to move on.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7RkTStVOs0

Just watched this, and I have to say that it's refreshing in many ways to see players finally step up to the point of making SS try, while they still maintain their composure and momentum. Good to see the new school metagame finally catching up to the old school skill, took long enough. XD

Lots more to say about all of this, but for now screw my thoughts because most of them suck Ima watch Melee.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Yo, Stongers.

Is using Toad to counter Falco's Laser approach a good idea?

I was playing against Josh yesterday and I just randomly used Toad when he approached me with lasers and the laser hit Toad, sending the spores out, hitting Josh and knocking him down. The spores cover a ****TON of area in front of peach and I think that if they all connect, they do alot of damage(like 22 or something).

I liked the idea so I more or less started spamming it, trying to figure out the appropriate time to actually use it during a real match. The only problem I can see with it is that it's really laggy, even if the counter activates. If you miss, you are getting **** on hardcore and even if you connect, I couldn't seem to follow it up decently. I also don't think the counter is actually active as early as Marth/Roy's counters because there were plenty of times where I saw her pull it out but for some reason, I would still get hit. :(

Still, I feel like I'm learning more about her as I play, as opposed to when I play any of my other random chars that I just screw around with. IT's kinda fun learning a character.

----------------

Also, the more I think about it, the more I see IC and Falcon being REALLY similiar as far as their playstyles are concerned. I dunno, maybe I'm just weird.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
seems like it'd work similarly to marth's countering falcos approaches with counter to me. just use it sparingly, cuz yeah its really laggy =/ Ive never really tried it

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think I've seen Stongers/some other Peach use it on me once or twice before. It worked once and reset the situation, and once when it didn't work they got screwed.

Not really worth it, as you can't follow it up and it's kinda hard to hit with.

I guess maybe once in a while or something it could be okay but I'd like to think there are better ways to counter Falco's lasers with Peach(doesn't just involve floating but that's pretty much what it can boil down to lol).

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Well, Josh does a pretty good job at locking me down close to the ground with lasers. Like, I'll try to jump out in between the lasers, be it out of shield or after I get hit by it and I'll get hit by it again. So I just decided to pull Toad out and it worked. I also suck at powershielding lasers, at least when compared to how often I powershield his normal attacks(aerials, etc).

I'm not saying it's a stupid good option. I just like that it gives Falco something to be somewhat weary of at mid-range when laser camping, where he is usually somewhat safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW3S2AwJr8s#t=2m15s

I mean, look at the area it covers

It's cool.

Also, I'm gonna try to put more effort into powershielding with Nana because I hate powersheilding with Popo when playing ICs because that just means Nana gets hit.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'd rather WD OOS or just get the timing to jump out and float in between lasers, but if toad works for you better then that's good.

You can choose which climber you powershield with? That's pretty cool.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
It's not necessarily choosing which one.

Nana has an automatic 6 frame lag behind Popo's actions when they are synced. So I'm thinking that if I shield early with Popo, it SHOULD become a powersheild with Nana.

Hopefully.

The timing will probably be weird but I figure I'll give it a shot. I think I'd be able to do some cool stuff.

And I like never WD OoS with Peach. I'm just NOW trying to get the hang of WD back -> Dtilt/Smash with her. I'll give it a shot though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
It's not necessarily choosing which one.

Nana has an automatic 6 frame lag behind Popo's actions when they are synced. So I'm thinking that if I shield early with Popo, it SHOULD become a powersheild with Nana.

Hopefully.

The timing will probably be weird but I figure I'll give it a shot. I think I'd be able to do some cool stuff.

And I like never WD OoS with Peach. I'm just NOW trying to get the hang of WD back -> Dtilt/Smash with her. I'll give it a shot though.
Yes, but I never thought of even trying to use nana for powershielding in that way. I think a lot can be done with it, but there are soooo manyyy things you can do that it almost seems kind of overwhelming with all of the desync possibilities haha.

WD OOS with Peach, much like any other character, *****.....especially vs Falco. Mike G was doing it and getting off with it against me. It's probably best used vs Falco(like any WD OOS), but I'm sure it has uses in other matchups too.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Rofl, Downsmash is clearly the best move in the game.

Has super armor and re directs falcos lasers back at him doing 13x damage too.

**** i love that move.

Top Bottom