• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Wait a minute.. who the hell would downsmash edgeguard Ganon anymore with Peach? loll. Right now it's all Nairs.. or dair into nair stuff.. or turnip BS.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Wait a minute.. who the hell would downsmash edgeguard Ganon anymore with Peach? loll. Right now it's all Nairs.. or dair into nair stuff.. or turnip BS.
are you saying there is no value in learning how to deal with dsmash edgeguards? lmao freaking...well, it is kage after all.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
going out and hitting ganon after his down b is where it's at.

dair->nair is pretty good, but it's possible to DI out of so the nair doesn't hit.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The reason why dsmash is a better edgeguard is because it can knock ganon out of any walltech option (as long a the first frame of hitbox lands). As chris said dair > nair gets di'd out of. Plus I'm just taking about punishing edge moves.

:phone:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Hmm... down and in then? Maybe falco just isn't big enough as a character (hurtbox) to catch the second hitbox of the dsmash. With ganon you basically just hit down then up and that dumb dsmash stuff doesn't kill nearly as early.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'll give it a shot I suppose. Maybe test it.

Also rofl Twitch when you read this ima **** you hard in preparation for G2. Fair warning that Falco is coming back. =)

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
The reason why dsmash is a better edgeguard is because it can knock ganon out of any walltech option (as long a the first frame of hitbox lands). As chris said dair > nair gets di'd out of. Plus I'm just taking about punishing edge moves.

I've never seen people actually DI out of it... is it somethin that happens normally?

MacD

Banned via Administration
ganon can tech > up-b and i should grab peach

CCing the first hit is something a lot of sheiks learned to do, it's just timing, you'll get it down eventually pp

dair can be SDI'd, but at the same time, it then turns into a battle of either doing it a million times, or ganon going too high and getting naired or something

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
true macd, he can regular tech and up-b vs the dsmash edgeguard, which I have proposed as the best strat in the ganon boards many times. Lots of ppl try to walltech bair or something and get owned.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
walltech bair is so tasty though. granted, we often get sucked into the second hit, but it puts us no worse off than if we got hit by two of them of our own accord by landing onstage. tech up B is an easier thing to pull off tech skill wise, but sometimes it just doesn't give enough time and space to actually recover. some falcons i hear take the up B on purpose to get a free knee. fairly frustrating, and rather destructive.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Lucas has been getting better, for sure. He just needs to work on his consistency. He's been playing with me a bunch lately and he's definitely started combo'ing better.

And in regards to the Peach edgeguard discussion, I agree Dsmash is a lousy option. Like Kage said, Nair or Dair -> Nair or Turnips are much less techable/hard to get around edge guard choices.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Lucas has been getting better, for sure. He just needs to work on his consistency. He's been playing with me a bunch lately and he's definitely started combo'ing better.
LOL yeah. I kinda noticed that everyone is good at getting out of combos and I just suck at escaping them. There were times when I was hitting Lucas and then I'd try to do something weird and He'd hit me out and kill me.

Like we were doing a marth ditto and I was comboing him and then somehow he squeezed out a falling UAir and I thought "Eff". Then he naired me and I DI'd it really badly and thought, "****, I'm screwed". Then he faired me like 80 times across the stage and killed me. Le sigh

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Haha plur if you know where you messed up then you can just fix it. No need to let it get to you if you keep it from happening and feeling bad again. =)

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Haha. I don't feel bad over it.

I was actually starting to implement little small things into my IC game more consistently. Like small little desynch combos and pressure stuffs.

Also, I don't understand Ganon/CF's stomp through platforms NEARLY as well as I thought I did. IC can beat the stomp fine when it's done regularly but everytime I tried to Uair his falcon's stomp through a platform, I just got my face stomped. hmmmmm strange

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
More like, you've been ducking all our Smashfests which are less than 10 minutes from your house for several weeks. ;]

Come over and let me see what can be done about these new tricks. :083:

Top Bottom