• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
lol i'm not joking on stockfield. i figure he's somewhere around the brawl version of me. i know they have reflex, elev8, and some other players (idk if kismet was there). but i will state that overall, the competition for melee in NC is tighter than it is for brawl. I think we have more good melee players than we have good brawl players.

i'd also maintain that the last time most anybody in NC has played me in a serious match of melee was probably at enter the dragon. only people i've really played since then are greensboro/asheboro people, karn, and cam. so i think it's still kind of funny how many opinions there are of my ganon and my playstyle and my level of skill when nobody's played me in a couple months.
But you play Fox now so... :rotfl:

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
chris, I'm so happy you main Fox now

I hate playing against Ganon

so much

it's like Falcon for me, in that I feel like I should never lose to one

then I do

and I rage

and I'll **** anyone up in teams

y'all *****es are some weak *** ****** **** bird word'n nasty *** brawl players

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
lol i'm not joking on stockfield. i figure he's somewhere around the brawl version of me. i know they have reflex, elev8, and some other players (idk if kismet was there). but i will state that overall, the competition for melee in NC is tighter than it is for brawl. I think we have more good melee players than we have good brawl players.

i'd also maintain that the last time most anybody in NC has played me in a serious match of melee was probably at enter the dragon. only people i've really played since then are greensboro/asheboro people, karn, and cam. so i think it's still kind of funny how many opinions there are of my ganon and my playstyle and my level of skill when nobody's played me in a couple months.
i feel at time you guys have more of a drive to get better. but i can't agree that the melee scene is better in comparison to brawl ( minus pp in melee of course. with him yall are obviously better on average). each national we have at 1-2 people make it into brackets. (except apex 2010... LOL no one from brawl made it into brackets ) BUT the same would go for melee ( again, no pp). in oos regional we have had non ranked members place in top 20's, out of 100+ attendance, and ranked players place in top ten. i am not sure what G6 record have been, but NC brawl would normally occupy either most or half of the top 8 spots. I believe we even occupied most of top 5 at the first g6.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
well against people that don't know the ganon matchup...ganon is still pretty damn good lol.

just like stock messes around with snake somewhat, i'm messing around with fox somewhat. he usually re-resolves to stick to rob, and it usually ends up improving through that resolution. the more i understand about fox, the stronger my ganon will prove to get, because my fox is utilizing (or is at least trying to utilize) the situational play that forces my opponents to act in a way that i can deal with.

lowbatteryjohnsbye

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
i agree, on average keith's posts are like a ******** mute deaf infant trying to speak, so probably another one to ignore..

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
You can't just exclude me LOL

And keith shady doesn't even play singles anymore

You barely play singles anymore

troller
i dont think it would be fair to include you, because the gap from second in this state to you is a very very very large gap. that doesnt mean ur not nc. im just saying that if we exclude ur talents, then i believe the brawl scene is poses a bigger threat to oos then melee does oos. shady and i only recently stopped going to tourneys. Im sure you of all people know, brawl is a game where you can let go for a month or two, and get back into it right away.

Now see this is why he just trolls us half the time guys <.<
LOL basically.

Is mvc3 the only 2d fighter you play? I'd like to play fighters with you.
i only play mvc3. i played shady in blazblue before, that game is fun. i play ragna and the squirrel chick. i play akuma in ssf4.... but i have no clue what im doing in that game other than using his SGS lol. Arcade edition looks fun, and i will probably get that.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Keith you don't want to include me because that would mean you're wrong. cool

Brawl is harder than that for most people and I don't think you're an exception. I can't help it if you can get away with leaving once in a while but you don't do too much Brawl thinking anymore to my knowledge and I know Shady certainly doesn't. So don't include people who ride the line wtf.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
Eh, it wouldn't work, but I think it would be both fun and spark competition to talk about who the best teams players are.

1. PP
2. Lozr
3. Yay
4. Dop
5. David
6. Me
7. Stingers
8. Jim
9. Sneak (hmmm, maybe higher?)
10. Dunno

I also think other than pp/lozr, stingers/jim have the most synergy as a team
you see...it's hard for me to even think about switching mains when stuff like this happens.

Dop sucks at teams he just chases fox's around dream land and gets hit:awesome:
guuuhhh, i get it, it's my fault! :glare:

Hello .. hello ... ello ....... llo ...... lo .... o ......... oh ...... h .....

I need to smang
yo, i'm free friday.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Kevin..

ok.

wait.

when you say "people who ride the line"

are you referring to yourself?

and yes... i said including you would make chris right... but in the same sense as you teaming with ocean every tourney and winning, and then ocean claiming that he is really good in doubles because he places 1st all the time...

and i still keep up with brawl things. i have not looked at my char boards in a few months or discussed mu's for a while but im coming back to tourneys in a few months, so it's whatev.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hello .. hello ... ello ....... llo ...... lo .... o ......... oh ...... h .....

I need to smang
BIT

<3

Kevin..

ok.

wait.

when you say "people who ride the line"

are you referring to yourself?

and yes... i said including you would make chris right... but in the same sense as you teaming with ocean every tourney and winning, and then ocean claiming that he is really good in doubles because he places 1st all the time...

and i still keep up with brawl things. i have not looked at my char boards in a few months or discussed mu's for a while but im coming back to tourneys in a few months, so it's whatev.
Referring to you and Shady kinda. I don't play that game LOL.

wtf does that last part even mean??? that's irrelevant to who's good in this state <.<

How can you argue for your game when half of the PRs are inactive(no matter how long a period of time it is for)?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
kevin, i am saying that even if every melee player was terrible in this state, and brawl had moderately good people. The melee scene would still be considered better than the brawl scene just because we added you on the melee side, because your skill in smash is horrifically larger than everyone else. How do you not understand that? It is not fair to include you.

and half of the prs are inactive now.. because alot of people became inactive after the last update. Just like the new update ( that should have been out already) will have players that are very active.

stingers leave this damn thread. nothing here concerns you or your residential area of stupid people.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
lucas, be quiet. keith is actually correct in this accord, outliers are generally left out of averaging tests.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
kevin, i am saying that even if every melee player was terrible in this state, and brawl had moderately good people. The melee scene would still be considered better than the brawl scene just because we added you on the melee side, because your skill in smash is horrifically larger than everyone else. How do you not understand that? It is not fair to include you.

and half of the prs are inactive now.. because alot of people became inactive after the last update. Just like the new update ( that should have been out already) will have players that are very active.

stingers leave this damn thread. nothing here concerns you or your residential area of stupid people.
I play in this state. I get included. I can't help that no one in brawl is incredibly skilled/proven it yet. Craig might get there eventually so then your argument may hold a little more weight then. =)

Keith, you're a ****ing ******
Infracted for flaming. Be civil.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Dark hart... you said you would ignore my post, and yet, you have commented on almost all my post. And now you find yourself the wrong one.... why is that?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Im just curious, that's all. i have told people to put me on ignore if they don't like the way i post. Lucas told me he did it, but for some reason he still views my post and comments on them. It just seems like a waste of time to put me on ignore list if your gonna take the time to un ignore me on each of my post and then comment on them.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
looooooooooooooooooool

Keith god you're such a whiny *****, I swear you're not even real, and you just pay some black guy to show up to places and say he's you.

infractions ****

KEEP EM COMIN'

zelda

crack rocks

:222:

Find your Yoshi

Space Bear be with you

patty cake patty cake, for fake

Intergalactic Star Conqueror

and we out

Top Bottom