• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
**** WHAT YOU HEARD OCEANNNNN!!!!

but yeah, i can't imagine trying to legitimately read someones patterns/spotdodges/jumps/etc while high. it's just a lot of effort and stuff. if i felt that i was good naturally and could do all of that without effort then...maybe. but i'm not experienced enough at playing at a higher level to rely on that.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
i only play/practice when I am lifted and hydrated so i may not even know how to play sober. me and ace did an epic bo5 MM last night btw... his girlfriend watched. NESS v. LUIGI.. it should count for the PR

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i tried it, or something very close to that, but i find it way too hard to read.

i had just straight black at first, but that was like impossible lol.

edit: yeah after seeing your hex, i had that for a while, but decided to choose a lighter one for reading purposes. heck yeah for bein there on saturday. i'll make sure to be there later so we can play.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Perhaps when you become one of the Top Players, you'll be able to enjoy the different perspectives it offers. =P Elevate for me = style on people all day lol.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
man stingers, ever since our close *** set at BAC:2, i've wanted a mm with you. you keep dodgin me playing your peach saying i have to beat your ganon first. well **** you, **** your ganon, and **** your peach, and **** your jiggs too! i'll **** em all. 5 dollars each, best of 13, played at my house.

I BET YOU WON'T YOU ****ING *****!!!

inb4peoplethinki'mactuallyseriouslol

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
nobody in NC actually reads my posts kage; they just make assumptions about a few key words.

they'll see BAC:2, and old tourney from last summer
a lot of asterisks
and the letters "mm" in succession.

it looks like heavy salt to them.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
the only people who have really seen me high are josh and lucas

and by god, i can NOT play this game high.

my mind goes places where asian women in shopping carts are being chased by a barrage of missiles down a hill.

and the king of the cosmos from katamari is doing a melbourne shuffle.

i get distracted ENOUGH playing melee. the last thing i need is for me to lose control of my imagination.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
nobody in NC actually reads my posts kage; they just make assumptions about a few key words.

they'll see BAC:2, and old tourney from last summer
a lot of asterisks
and the letters "mm" in succession.

it looks like heavy salt to them.
Well you did say you wanted to MM best of 13 all his characters even if you weren't actually serious.. if you were then it would of been a mountain of salt. And I would of climbed it.

my mind goes places where asian women in shopping carts are being chased by a barrage of missiles down a hill.

i get distracted ENOUGH playing melee. the last thing i need is for me to lose control of my imagination.
But that's a good thing, lots of good times. =)

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
In other news, Peach, Jiggs and IC's are stupid as hell. Banning them would make this game so much more enjoyable.

EDIT: In other news, yes yes yes to all the things Kage said about playing stuff and stuff.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I thought you didn't like cute things, PP. ;)

Trash talk where you're saying you are better than someone else is good because it makes them want to prove you wrong.

Trash talk that involves insults isn't good because although the person will want to prove you wrong, it can lead to bad feelings after that divide the community.

Just my 2 cents.
Not outrageously cute, no.

Community division isn't necessarily bad as long as genuine hate isn't there, which it really isn't in our case. Makes for more guaranteed hype because more people will be more emotionally invested in it.

which side does calling someone salty lie on?

which side does calling out someone scared to mm lie on?
Calling salty and just trying to pursue that=troll, but calling salty and then trying to get a MM=trash talk.

scared to MM=trash talk.

did chris just say sneak and nando are close?
-super dead-

and when I troll, it is only to piss people off dylan. i appreciate u having faith in me, but i hope every single one of u gets mad reading all of my posts, tbqh.
Dudes need to remember this.

PP sucks, time to own him!! =) The salt will rise!

10$ on Nando.
I'll **** you in Ganon dittos idgaf!!!

sneak, what u dont realize is that by explaining why u "werent salty", that only makes u look even saltier. its an infinite recursive loop...of saltiness.
It really is better to just play dead on things like that or find a way to reverse the issue because explaining it directly when it's troll/trash talk is only going to make you look bad lol.

well nando, given the fact that me and sneak were putting up at least a decent fight vs you and dj nintendo for that hour or two of doubles practice, i wasn't all that impressed. you had some decent combos, but i was expecting to get thrashed lol. maybe that's just cause it was teams, idk.

right now, you'd probably win the match vs sneak though.

i also love how explaining ones self makes them "look worse". i'm glad that's not how it works in the real world, or else every time somebody accused me of something and i told them why i didn't do it, i'd look "more guilty". that'd be the worst murder trial ever lol. "we have a solid alibi placing him on the other side of the country when the murder was committed". "good. now he looks more guilty. give him life with no parole."
Trash talk is no court case. There is no judge, no jury. It's up to you to prove yourself and stand behind what you want to say. Explaining things brings no hype and no reciprocation of trash talk, it merely allows the other side to keep goading you. It is a different form of discussion in which you aren't necessarily trying to prove your innocence but trivialize the attacks on you and hopefully find a way to attack the other person back. Builds hype for those watching and eventually the MM(all things according to plan anyway).

Don't take it so seriously. XD

chris if you want your ganon obliterated in singles

let me know
ROFL

sneak is acting like stingers agreed to a "50$ MM the kids v. sneak/blackchris, and if the kids win sneak will be all salty wanting to prove himself so you are obligated to accept a 2nd 50$ MM, else you are scared pvssy NC hickory trolls"

sorry but i do not see sneak's argument at all. they have no obligation to risk that much $ again... which is what he said to you. he liked his odds, with that much money on the line, against you/chris than you/nando. i personally think it's a little pathetic that you keep trying to force this other match upon them saying they're "scared".. it's a game.

all of you saying "put up or shut up"... more like if you lose, learn to STFU and not feel the need to prove yourself because you are so damn worried about your reputation/portrayal around here. ****ies. . . and obviously the kids ain't scared, see above.
LOL so because they want a rematch they shouldn't be obliged because they lost already and are only doing it because they're insecure. I think their posts don't suggest such things at all.

lol wtf
nando and josh? what does that team have to do with anything related to anything
i guess nando thinks him and sneak wont win lol
w/e...i am bored now. smh, little kevin juniors running around ruining everything :urg:
I'll ruin you!!!

Welcome to NC Smash.

Real life is real, the boards are the boards, keep them separate and you will stay much happier in this community. Real talk.
word

LMAO <3

In other news, Peach, Jiggs and IC's are stupid as hell. Banning them would make this game so much more enjoyable.

EDIT: In other news, yes yes yes to all the things Kage said about playing stuff and stuff.
Floaties are more satisfying to combo to me because they ask for it more LOL.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
"LOL"

it wasn't a rematch. They switched up teams. Also, They didn't lose(nando did not lose). I think rematches should be postponed til the next tourney, yeah, but this isn't a re-.. rematches aren't meant to give the team that lost better circumstances to win, they're the same circumstances.... and it's being labeled as a re-(look at what you just did). Maybe I'm an *******(even more so than stingers), but I would refuse just off of principle to piss the person off probably, because I am wholeheartedly against that type of ****. And I certainly wouldn't be scared(LMAO). This talk of being scared of a video game is just laughable . :reverse:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If you're not up to MM'ing after you won then that's kinda weak competitively, but hey I wouldn't wanna be in your shoes if you did get salty at that guy for a different reason after that.

And eh switching up teams is kinda meh to me and calling it a rematch I agree, but everyone's against Sneak specifically anyway so it doesn't really matter who he teams with in this case lol XD

CaptainNanD0

Smash Journeyman
you guys got it all wrong tonight

i still wanna do the MM of me/sneak vs jim/stingers

i said josh cause he's my dude and wanted to play you guys in a MM too

not that i left sneak of anything cause i can't ''win' with him lol

tonight

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
If you're not up to MM'ing after you won then that's kinda weak competitively, but hey I wouldn't wanna be in your shoes if you did get salty at that guy for a different reason after that.
it's not weak economically.
and money is more important than competitive nature.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
aight, after that wanna do hax/mango vs. nando/stingers? then we can do hbox/stingers vs. nando/kage
then we can do mango/nando vs. stingers/pp
then we can do azen/stingers vs. isai/nando

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Omfg, Lozr and PP are like almost undefeatable lol. GL =) I remember getting freaking bodied with dairs by falco and upairs by Fox and then PKM just sitting there and cant do **** about it. lol. Facerolllllll

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
I like competition too, pp. chris/sneak v. the kids was a close set, I enjoyed watching it(couldn't take my eyes off of ganons). I'm just the type of guy that would rematch under the same circumstances, for the sake of "better" competition, in my opinion of course. I guess some think that someone putting the odds more in his favor, by changing teammate, after a close set would be better competition, but hey, I don't expect everyone to share my views with this.

Top Bottom