• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
marth pika matchup....

like every other low teir matchup, use your sword

except pika has gooood aerial speed, so watch shffl nair cause its quick
i wasn't referring to me finding the matchup difficult

i just don't think it'd be any fun.

i'm not trying to learn matchups with marth just because i know i'll get bored with him in a week or so

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Smashfest at my house today starting at 4. Call and spread the word. Myself, Adam and Cam are confirmed so far.

Go hard or come to my house and have an enjoyable time with fine strapping young lads. Petticoats and monocles not provided but encouraged.

:phone:

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
i wasn't referring to me finding the matchup difficult

i just don't think it'd be any fun.

i'm not trying to learn matchups with marth just because i know i'll get bored with him in a week or so
yea, marth vs low teirs is just boring

he's fun against spacies, falcon, and i actually like shieks when they dont play like complete ***s

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Im thinking about making my training sessions a lil more organized. I wanna do round robins to make sure everyone plays each other. What do people think of the idea?

0Room

Smash Lord
Sure. I'm not sure everyone would benefit from that, though.
If they have a specific thing they want to work on switching people would hurt them.

But if they're just there to play then yeah go for it.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Yea but I think it would be a good way to monitor improvement. I can record whatever wanst to be recorded and have the info about the serious sets I can post it on the front page. I kinda wanna steer away from people just playing to people playing to get better

0Room

Smash Lord
But that's exactly what you're proposing, just in a more organized manner xD

Not to be rude or anything of course. By all means try it out, but I wouldn't try to force anyone to do it if they want to continue playing with one certain person to help with that MU or whatever.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
Yea but its not that ur gonna be doing a round robin the whole day. We get it done then the info is recorded and posted on the front page and you can see how everyone did vs everyones chars. You see who you lose to and what you need to practice vs and can work on more specifics once its done

Edit: I feel like it can be a way to check on your own consistency without having to enter a tournament. You look at your past rr results and may see a consistent loss to a certain character you may not get a chance to notice in tournament and get a chance to improve on it. Which will hopefully improve attendance or motivation to attend

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Sheik vs Marth is really not that bad. Probably 60/40 at the worst, probably closer to 55/45. Marth can do some super homo stuff right back to her. I kind of enjoy playing the Marth side.

Also, I'm probably going to continue playing Melee less and less. It's kinda lost its fun.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
To me the game gets boring when it gets to repetitive .. nc should travel more often. It stayed fun to me the longest when I consistently traveled wit my crew going to fcd and a bunch of other oos tournies

Edited

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
The game is losing its fun because were getting too serious and trying tooooooo hard.

We just have to sit back and breathe every now and then. We need to go hard then go home

Not just Go hard 24/7. wears you out mentally

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
That's not true at all... being around people who are on your level and your all striving to get better making sure you stay at the tip top of ur game and having you and ur friends all getting the best of each other is pretty fun. The rivalry part of it is fun and make me wanna play even more. Me redfox Nando and copycat all kicking each others ***** daily always made it fun even when we were "too serious" because we all wanted to have that top spot

0Room

Smash Lord
The game is losing its fun because were getting too serious and trying tooooooo hard.

We just have to sit back and breathe every now and then. We need to go hard then go home

Not just Go hard 24/7. wears you out mentally
I actually 110% agree with this. I lost my tournament nerves when I decided I didn't gaf about how I played, I was just there for fun. It's so much more fun when you look at it that way, laugh about your mistakes instead of get angry at them. That's when it really starts.

And Sneak, I had misinterpreted what you were saying, that's a great idea and you should definitely go for it.

On a side note
It looks like Ken and Isai are playing again :awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXCLNnj8OBY

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I dunno dude, Ive been saying all my friends turn from fun people to be around and play smash with, to people who whine constantly, throw controllers, get upset when they lose tournament matches, (beyond reason mind you) getting upset with they lose at fest, not playing to learn, not playing to have fun, strictly playing to win

I might be wrong that its the fact that we are too serious. I just dont like the way NC is changing.

Is there no balance between taking the game more seriously and having fun while doing it?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well to me playing seriously is super fun.. There's only like one person in all our group which gets super emo and SDs purposely all the time when things don't go his way. But eventually you just gotta learn that win or lose doesn't matter, just play each match, that's it. I guess it must be more frustrating for lower skilled players since you haven't gone through all the mental blocks yet.. lol.

But anyways it should be irrelevant anyway.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I actually 110% agree with this. I lost my tournament nerves when I decided I didn't gaf about how I played, I was just there for fun. It's so much more fun when you look at it that way, laugh about your mistakes instead of get angry at them. That's when it really starts.
You can be serious about how u do, how u play, or what you do in tournament without being nervous or getting angry at your mistakes. Its just how you can handle yourself mentally and emotionally. I lost super close sets to lozr and xif at pound in pools that coulda got me to 3rd round pools because of silly mistakes but I don't beat myself up about it. I just think about the situation and try to find ways to make that different the next time so I can win. Idk, maybe its just the area. I witness alot more rage about things in tournament in the south than I have in any other region I been to. Maybe you guys just handle things differently than others

Top Bottom