• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North County Social Thread

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
It seems as though North County is strangely devoid of Smash activity as a whole. If you live in North County post here for general discussion, matchmaking, and establishing competition in the area.

Would anyone be interested in a Smash Fest in Escondido?

Rickety

Peace and Love
Um, northern San Diego, including Oceanside, Rancho Penasquitos, San Marcos, Mira Mesa, Fallbrook, La Jolla/UCSD and Rancho Bernardo, are all areas in North County (or sort of close), and all of those neighborhoods favor Melee over Brawl.

Oceanside's scene has declined since the departure of Maple and TheBOSS, but there are still are handful of other players there. San Marcos has Pnoy, LHG, and a few others (the mighty Yloh). SeanLegend, a relatively inexperienced (but very eager to play and learn) smasher, lives in Vista. There is a growing smash community in Fallbrook of at least five regulars. Escondido's scene has kind of withered after Pat/Azn_Lep moved to UCSD. Rancho Penasquitos and Mira Mesa are undoubtedly the two hotspots for Melee in San Diego, though. ASP, Doodles, Vietgamer, Zephyr, BXN, SA2Jeff, SA1Alex, Judd, Tuan, Keng, ADONIS, Leeland, Antonio, JunKimChi, Zack353, Pika, and who knows who else all call that area home.
Also, a very cool person named SA3Tony lives in Rancho Bernardo, along with his dorky, loser-face of a brother, Rickety.

And that's just the North!

Southern San Diego (Chula Vista, Point Loma, National City, Lemon Grove, El Cajon, Imperial Beach, and Tijuana) tends to favor Brawl nowadays, however.

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
Um, northern San Diego, including Oceanside, Rancho Penasquitos, San Marcos, Mira Mesa, Fallbrook, La Jolla/UCSD and Rancho Bernardo, are all areas in North County (or sort of close), and all of those neighborhoods favor Melee over Brawl.

Oceanside's scene has declined since the departure of Maple and TheBOSS, but there are still are handful of other players there. San Marcos has Pnoy, LHG, and a few others (the mighty Yloh). SeanLegend, a relatively inexperienced (but very eager to play and learn) smasher, lives in Vista. There is a growing smash community in Fallbrook of at least five regulars. Escondido's scene has kind of withered after Pat/Azn_Lep moved to UCSD. Rancho Penasquitos and Mira Mesa are undoubtedly the two hotspots for Melee in San Diego, though. ASP, Doodles, Vietgamer, Zephyr, BXN, SA2Jeff, SA1Alex, Judd, Tuan, Keng, ADONIS, Leeland, Antonio, JunKimChi, Zack353, Pika, and who knows who else all call that area home.
Also, a very cool person named SA3Tony lives in Rancho Bernardo, along with his dorky, loser-face of a brother, Rickety.

And that's just the North!

Southern San Diego (Chula Vista, Point Loma, National City, Lemon Grove, El Cajon, Imperial Beach, and Tijuana) tends to favor Brawl nowadays, however.
Long time no see Rickety. Perhaps I should rephrase, you are right that there are Smashers in North County however very few smashfests/tournaments seem to go on in this area. I know maybe 1.5 smashers in Escondido. I want to possibly start having a few smashfests in the area to see if anyone would be interested.

MrLL

Smash Rookie
Hey Undyinglight it's me. You know who I am ;/

Regardless, I live in Esco. too and like Undyinglight here, I'd love to have some smashfests/whatever you kids call it. I've never really been "active" in any gaming community but regardless, I enjoy Brawl (and the other two) and I play as a variety of characters (I'm indecisive, leave me alone).

In short, don't have much to say on the matter, but I'd like to see some action in the scene up here. :/

Aww shucks, I'm 1.5 people. I'm flattered. :p

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
Hey Undyinglight it's me. You know who I am ;/

Regardless, I live in Esco. too and like Undyinglight here, I'd love to have some smashfests/whatever you kids call it. I've never really been "active" in any gaming community but regardless, I enjoy Brawl (and the other two) and I play as a variety of characters (I'm indecisive, leave me alone).

In short, don't have much to say on the matter, but I'd like to see some action in the scene up here. :/

Aww shucks, I'm 1.5 people. I'm flattered. :p
You actually count as 2 people, I know someone so bad at Smash that he counts as -0.5.

I live in San Marcos, CA.

I also notice that there is no scene here and it's almost enough to induce suicide.
I don't know if I can relate to that extreme, but I would like to see at least a small scene with a few regulars emerge.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
i'd be up for a game from time to time. i'm commuting to UCSD this quarter, so i'm in escondido almost every night.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
sooooooooo.... north county social thread is kind of... not social.

well i'm on spring break right now with nothing to do for the next 2 days, if anyone in the area feels like playing. i don't have a cube or any controllers though so i'll go ahead and drive to you folks.

ahchoomattchu

Smash Ace
I didn't know that this thread existed. I used to live in Mira Mesa before I left for school in Irvine, but my family now lives in Escondido. I'm here for Spring Break if there's anything happening.

Edit: I just realized I left my cube and melee back in my apartment in Irvine =\

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
I have a cube and a Melee disc but no working controllers as of current. It seems as though we all have a piece to the puzzle. This is the first day of Spring Break for me so if anyone is down to smash during the next week tell me.

AzN_Lep are you still the best in Escondido? Who else in Esco still plays?

.PNOY.

Smash Apprentice
J_Flizzo and I are on spring break now and we're down to play whenever and i'm usually down to play on most weekdays after class.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
if i'm in escondido the night before i'd gladly give you a ride man. most of the time i just crash at a friends place by ucsd if there's a triweekly the next day so i don't have to get up and drive all early and stuff

undyinglight

Smash Journeyman
if i'm in escondido the night before i'd gladly give you a ride man. most of the time i just crash at a friends place by ucsd if there's a triweekly the next day so i don't have to get up and drive all early and stuff
Ok, cool. Once I get a working controller again I will get back into practice and perhaps we could cordinate something.

MIGHTYFOOL

Smash Cadet
hey i need some people to play i just moved by union sq.in downtown i play melee and my name is sage if anyone is down call me 808-557-3200

Top Bottom