• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Applying the forfeiting thing to tourney matches is silly imo, but @Vex: you can't say the forfeiting example -- as far as mms go -- is bull**** and just ignore it. You also can't reply to it simply by saying "well that's why mms shouldn't count," because at the moment, they do count, so it has to be taken into consideration until the rules are officially changed (EDIT: and considering how long it took to do rankings, that might be a while from now).

If we set the precedent that forfeiting out of a mm makes the set null, people will take advantage of it. It's something we gotta think about.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's just changing whether it counts or not.

What if RAIN supposedly didn't care about a tournament set of his and wanted to watch Brood vs M2K instead?

In a situation like this imo the terms tourney set and mm set are interchangable. The weight of it counting (the difference between tourney and mm) doesn't really come into play here.
In a tourney set the winner advances in bracket, in a mm set the winner receives the money.
I received the money from RAIN in the mm.
So what makes it any different from a tourney set?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Applying the forfeiting thing to tourney matches is silly imo, but @Vex: you can't say the forfeiting example -- as far as mms go -- is bull**** and just ignore it. You also can't reply to it simply by saying "well that's why mms shouldn't count," because at the moment, they do count, so it has to be taken into consideration until the rules are officially changed (EDIT: and considering how long it took to do rankings, that might be a while from now).

If we set the precedent that forfeiting out of a mm makes the set null, people will take advantage of it. It's something we gotta think about.
It's a special case with Rain.

I'm done for now.

I'm also slightly annoyed at you Kendall for what you said at Xzax's tournament, which is why I'm done for now, I'll reply later chibo or god help me I'm going to randomly attack Kendall, I know it sdfgsdgfdsg

mib004

Smash Ace
chibo is such a baby im sorry, its not that serious lmao omg. RAIN mm should not count he left, u got the money be happy that's what u get u dont get the win u get the money. If he did it during a tourney set u get the win cause that's all u can get imo

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Uhhh dunno what I could've possibly said that annoyed you that much since I was on my phone/talking to my crewmates most of the time, but whatever.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
anyone down for driving with me to VLS3 next weekend? It's MK banned though so u guys know

also can someone help house kiraflax the week between mlg dc and vc8? im gonna house him for part of it but dont wanna do the entire week

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm willing to go..... depending on how much it's gonna cost me, because I know you're gonna charge for gas.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm willing to go..... depending on how much it's gonna cost me, because I know you're gonna charge for gas.
i honestly dont know what gas mileage is like yet with my car, i havnt driven it yet lol. i should have the registration in a day or two
my guess would be around $15? no more than $20, as low as $10.

^estimates without any kind of calculations at all

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If it's no more than $15, I'll go with you. Traveling OOS is fun, and besides a family trip to Chicago, I've never been to the midwest before.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh, I thought he meant the Ohio tourney. ;; Obv wasn't following the conversation very well.

Meh..... that's a little less exciting.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I wish you would stop reminding me of my current place of employment. A black eye is a coffee with two shots of espresso. Bleh.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
I wish you would stop reminding me of my current place of employment. A black eye is a coffee with two shots of espresso. Bleh.
How do u think i feel? Seeing as i work at GameStop, every time Ev brings up KH: BBS i want to ask him if he wants to put a $5 deposit on it so he has it pre-ordered. Anytime i hear a game mentioned i can't help but think of when it's release date is, even when i have no interest in some of those games.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
it's like thinking beating teh_spamerer at his first tournament back means a lot lol

I'm sure he'd get ***** at the first one he entered and then eventually get dominant again

you beat Omni when he was rusty and just came back

he's obviously back to being dominant again after training and entering stuff

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
rankings posted yet?
Image will be started after I get all votes from all PA players, I still need quite a few.

We also have to discuss the issue with .com

Finally, PA, what are we doing about Ktar3, how are we getting there? Who exactly is driving? Ebo, MIB, Chibo, Smurf?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
LK sayin it like it is!

Either way I'm confirmed driving for KTAR3. I don't know if I have 4 or 5 spots total, I forget if my backseat has seatbelts for the middle passenger. Either way so far I have Rogue Pit and Vex comin with me.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It's state law that everyone in the car must have a seat belt on and if we get pulled over and it's seen that someone doesn't have a seat belt it's on me. I wanna keep my flawless driving record :(

Also my car isn't the biggest thing in the world.

Top Bottom