• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
lol i don't got a car. :3 God the venture to ny... COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD. I mean nanuet...lol

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Yeah, deff. We'll have to arrange for that.

But like, I know that when my tournament is held... (haven't gotten confirmation yet, not even an email) that there would be free venue fee.

So that would be a great chance to meet all melee players, and it could branch from there if you'd like.
Imo you need to be more aggressive about your event. If you don't show interest, the venue won't either.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, actually, I am quite.... well let's use the word determined. But, my gf signed up for it, that way it'd be free venue.

If it came down to me actually goid, it's be $10 venue fee, which I don't mind, I want this damn event goin, but we'll see. Venue fee will be worst case scenario.

M@v

Subarashii!
Hey panelists and players, does ending the season after Pound sound fair to everyone?

Seems to be the best time imo. We got two state college tourneys coming up, KTAR, a couple other small ones, then Pound.

I know for a fact with the 2 state college tourneys alone there would already be 3 players here active(us 3 went to /Hope2 as well), and that's a couple weeks before pound. I know Chibo had a philly tourney already as well.

Any one have any thoughts about this?

mib004

Smash Ace
just a quick question who will be ranked this season lol. Its like 3 pa players who been to three or more tourney right? And im guessing the season ends when ny/nj and md/va is done on the 29th correct.

i been to three tourneys but only entered singles at 2 and doubles at one of them lol.

This is like the worst season ever for PA lol.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Farethewell Brawl. It was nice meeting you, and you introduced me to some......"colorful" people. but, I think it's about time we head our separate ways. I'm moving on to bigger and better things, namely, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. So, I, uhhhh, wish you the best in the future, and have fun........

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
ur actually getting umbra to go to ****, you owe it to him to give the extra week lol. Just end it after state college's next tourney on the 5th. Personally, I'd rather we end it after Pound V, but if everybody else near us is doing it that early, then at least could we end it after the 5th?

:205:

EDIT: Besides I'm pretty sure everybody needs some more wins because we're all having a bad season lol.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
meh, idk if im down for mvc3

either way, rankings r gonna end either in 2 weeks or 3. im pushing for 3, hopefully NJNY will follow suit so we can get mavs tourney in

ppl can start to gather their lists since there's not many tourneys left

_umbra_

Smash Champion
ahhh I'm probably out then, I only got mavstravaganza and battle royale

at least I gave a few people losses to an unranked player ^_^

_umbra_

Smash Champion
wait, i'm retarted + forgot about harrisburg lol

what's the minimum amount of tournaments + how big/how much $ do they need to count? if mavstravaganza counts then I got:

Wins:
some dude 2-0 lol 1 pika 1 mk
nasty 2-0
smurf 2-0
berserker 3-0
izumi 3-1
mk for all of the above, all at battle royale. the next ones were mavstravaganza
melon 2-0 with mk and 3-1 with pika
berserker 3-2 with 3 mk 2 pika... guess which ones were pika lolll
xzero 2-0 with pika and sonic

losses:
vex 2-0 and 3-0 at battle royale... lol **** *shakes fist*

_umbra_

Smash Champion
i talked to you about it on aim a whiiiile back, it was a state college tournament. $5 singles and 8 entrants iirc, so I doubt it's big enough to count :( but I was there!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i doubt it will lol

but if you go to harrisburg and we include mavs tourney then you'll be active

even if njny ends on the 29th, il prob want to extend pa an extra week so we can get mavs tourney in

_umbra_

Smash Champion
do it sonnnnnn

missing rankings wouldn't be a big deal for me, but I'd like to see some of the other state college guys on, they been in **** mode

M@v

Subarashii!
with hope and br3 I got....

wins:
Tech chase
TKCK
Berserker
xzero
Auspher

Losses:
Lain
Shugo
Vex
Melon

I plan to attend 2 more tourneys so this is only like a 50% list.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i wish your bracket wasnt so awkwardly stacked at BR3, woulda liked to see you get top 3/4. fail seeding imo lol

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
It wasn't fail seeding chibo... it was very difficult to seed everyone w/ respect to crews when 75% of the people there were from GE. -_-

I had asked Vex, Smurf, Mav, and Umbra to look over it to see if they approved and with some changes, they did. There really wasn't much else that could be done. It's like Vex said, "Maybe all of GE shouldn't be in loser's bracket, then you wouldn't have to face each other." lol.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
lol I didn't look over ****, I kinda ADD'd out buuuut it wasn't bad. Maybe if some KC members made it farther into losers we wouldn't have all played at the end ^_^

Talwind

Smash Cadet
So I got a couple texts about hosting a tourney again. Nothing's really confirmed yet but I was thinking of holding it the week before Ranmaru's, which Feb 5th i believe. Sound good maybe? Melee.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
YES DO IT.

NOW OR NEVER.

Call it... I PLEAD DA FIF. FEB FIF.

Confirm it now cuz it's a good date. There people can get as much smash in feb for Pound practice.

Then my tourny :3

Top Bottom