• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Scyther is my fave! Sword dance and Slash attack! Yeah I like the older pokemon. ;3

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
1st gen is god.

2nd gen is good.

3rd gen is acceptable.

4th gen is trash.

:093:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh man and of course! Haunter! My most favorite pokemon of all. I would never evolve him. :]

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
sumo 066 for top 8 in state imo

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
hellz yeah! I even have the basic pokemon card deck. ;p

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
3rd gen is my least favorite of the 4

4 has plenty of redeemable qualities - some good evolutions of gen 1, some cool legendaries (though theres a lil too many imo), cool starters, and a whole bunch of random cool pokemon like drifloon

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Original 151 are the by far the most superior. 2nd gen is great though, too good.

3rd gen was pretty decent too. Nothing great, but acceptable. 4th gen can't even compare to any of them, I hate it. Luxio was the only one I fully enjoyed, and the starters were ***.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I was just talking to Bnzaaa about this on AIM and I propose that the end of this season be the end of November.

September will still be a little inactive as school is still starting up for everyone, but October and November will be PACKED with tournies, especially ones that Philadelphia area players can get to with public transportation if they are unable to get a ride somewhere.
Not counting September (as there will probably only be like one, maybe two tournies max) there will be:
-War at the Shore: Early Oct, can take NJ Transit from 30th St Station to a walkable distance from the venue.
-About 3-4 DSO Biweeklies: One of which will be larger than usual on a Saturday, and the others on Fridays.
-Crank That Kosha Boy: Lame name, but you can still get there with public trans lol.
-Various TGP Tournies: No public trans option unless you live close, but this alone gives plenty of chances to Scranton area players to get active.
-Battle Royale 2: One of the biggest PA tournies this season, sure to be a big hit. No public trans options, but it's located conviniently between Scranton and Philly, and in the heart of the Reading scene.
-I think there's a possibility of a Penn State tourney?
-Plenty of random NY, NJ, and Maryland tournies (you can get to some MD and NY tournies via public trans)

So yea, I don't wanna hear ANY johns about not being active this season. Seriously, October and November might be one of the most active Atl North months Brawl has ever seen.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
No. The PA Melee scene is pretty obvious right now if you ask me. A good amount of the pittsburgh players aren't there anymore. XYT Mogwai and Swift aren't PA anymore.

D20

Smash Lord
No. The PA Melee scene is pretty obvious right now if you ask me. A good amount of the pittsburgh players aren't there anymore. XYT Mogwai and Swift aren't PA anymore.
Agreed. Pittsburgh might as well be considered Ohio anyways.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wow, so are the only active Melee players just Scar Cactuar Pakman UltimaScout me GOTM and sorta Talwind and Bnzaaa? lol
We need like a paRevival of Melee

Edit: I forgot about some others like CanISmash, Will, Velocity, Dot Eater, Vex

That's potentially 13 players. There's gotta be another couple hiding somewhere, I think after a couple months with another SPOC or two and maybe a melee DSO (another GOTMs plz) maybe we'll have something to work with.

Edit 2: Oh yea, and Penn State like Umbra Dobs and Javi. Yea in due time there could definitely be a healthy melee scene

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well imma start getting a little active starting with Spoc. I'm able to go to a tourny thanks to some money that is coming in this month. : D I really hope to play you all, so that I may improve. Sadly since I go to Harcum at Congresso (this off-site college thing) I don't think many people go there that play smash.

D20

Smash Lord
Well, Taki and myself (among others) are fairly active in our area. I host a weekly event that always draws in 10-15 melee players. However, there is no central smash hub in PA. Philly and Pitt are 300 miles apart... they might was well be considered different states.

Furthermore, certain Melee players in PA have proved their skill level time and time again at local, regional, and even national levels. We all know we we stand. At this point, we are a fairly well established community with no major changes on the horizon. There's no need for official rankings.

On a side note...perhaps that tournament at PSU would be a good chance for us all to hang out again. Who's in?

GOTM

Smash Champion
theres a decent amount of pa melee players.

me
chibo
pakman
scar
cactuar
dot
will
velocity
canismash
usa
mow (he told me hes been playing alot)
pakmans friends, lol (arrogant and like a couple others right?)
rogue pit?
.com?
talwind
xzax?

a lot of the players arent as good as they used to be including myself, and a lot of players dont play too much but they still could possibly be active enough if there were a season.

spocs, mine, no johns, eggms, rom2, pound4, theres gonna be enough. dso's + bigger dso ran tournaments

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea il hold a bigger DSO in the near future to be a saturday melee tourney.

the main reason i want rankings is to sort of bolster the competitive scene again and give players a reason to get good again, and to potentially increase tournament attendance. DSO melee biweeklies attendance suffered so much last season that I had no choice but to make them all brawl. if people wanted to prove their worth and get better at the same time with a goal in mind (rankings), then im 100% sure the attendance would increase.

i really wanna go to the PSU tourney, everyone from philly should find a way

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
theres a decent amount of pa melee players.

me
chibo
pakman
scar
cactuar
dot
will
velocity
canismash
usa
mow (he told me hes been playing alot)
pakmans friends, lol (arrogant and like a couple others right?)
rogue pit?
.com?
talwind
xzax?

a lot of the players arent as good as they used to be including myself, and a lot of players dont play too much but they still could possibly be active enough if there were a season.

spocs, mine, no johns, eggms, rom2, pound4, theres gonna be enough. dso's + bigger dso ran tournaments
So you included, Xzax, .com, and rogue pit on that list, but forgot about me? lol.

If ranking's start up again, I'll strive to play the game more and become much more active in melee, but I need something to work for, and without ranking's its like meh.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Rankings in November after Smashtoberfest

officially declared by Scar

panelists will most likely be myself, pakman, and no one else. we will each create a list independent of each other and the next CotU set will determine which list is used.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Rankings in November after Smashtoberfest

officially declared by Scar

panelists will most likely be myself, pakman, and no one else. we will each create a list independent of each other and the next CotU set will determine which list is used.
Time for me to do something melee related now.

*Goes to practice Fox, Falco, and Marth.*

D

Deleted member

based on my attendance, I'm more MD/VA/national than PA atm for melee. sorry guys. philly/scranton is just too far, farther than DC and the like.

but ya since genesis I've been playing average 3-4 hours a day.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
I'll have to start playing more melee :)

I play enough melee already, but this is the perfect excuse to take a break from barlw.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no one change the PA Player Locator account plz. No stupid Nintendog avatar. Leave it as is. I'm updating the post now.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok I'm done updating for the time being.

Most of it is still under construction, but tell me what you think

Once it is done I will then open up a way for people to submit their info for the new player finder. dont start submitting yet

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Looks good considering there's.... not much there, lol.

Account needs a better avatar, though. =X

Top Bottom