• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Ohio Thread

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
BASHCon XXVII thread is up. Look for it in the "Midwest Tournaments" board. :) (Too lazy to copy the link. :p)

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Yep, we're meeting next Wednesday (3/7) at 6:30. The union is open during Spring Break. :D

Sorry for being lazy and not updating the thread lately. :S

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Probably not, unfortunately. :(

Also, we actually did a Super Duper Fun Time. The ol' gang reunited last night. :)

Final Super Duper Fun Time of the Semester

1. Lous :fox:
2. Quaa :falcon: :marth:
3. Raider88 :sheik:
4. Crash :ganondorf:
5. DaveForShort :sheik:
5. Kev :ganondorf: :sheik:
7. Courtney :marth:
7. Shark :peach:
9. DanS1 :drmario:
9. Brad Falcon :falcon:
9. Mebert :jigglypuff:
9. Amanda :mewtwo: :link2:
13. Nate :sheik:
13. Cameron :g&w:

We got the group photo last night. I need to photoshop Wes and Q in first. lulz.

Cleveland tourney on Saturday. 8)

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Fun times. Great games to those that I played. Everyone has improved a lot since the first School of Smash meeting of the season back on August 24th. A lot of my matches last night were close and challenging.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
You guys planning on adding Project M to your games? Also, I might bring Skullgirls but idk how well it'll work on the schools TVs. :/

tm

Smash Ace
Hey guys I'm local and trying to step into the competitive melee scene.
It looks like most of this organization might be dead/ dying, but the group is something I'd love to be a part of, and I'll be at the university next year.

Any info would be appreciated.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm local and trying to step into the competitive melee scene.
It looks like most of this organization might be dead/ dying, but the group is something I'd love to be a part of, and I'll be at the university next year.

Any info would be appreciated.
We're definitely NOT dying. :p Still alive and kicking, just not posting on Smashboards as often. (my fault.) But we don't really have it over the summer. Just various Smashfests.

And also, unfortunately, a couple of goodbye shoutouts need to be given out. *tear*:

Good luck in Cleveburgh this weekend, Crash. (Where all of our former members seem to export to. :p) We'll miss ya, bud.

And more bad news...Q is leaving this weekend as well for Oman. Best of luck, dude.

We'll miss both of 'ya. :C

tm

Smash Ace
Ah, okay. How would I come to know the details of said future smashfests?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Ah, okay. How would I come to know the details of said future smashfests?
Shoot me a PM. Quite a few of us disperse from Toledo during the summer, so we don't really have any regular, organized Smashfests. (Hence, no School of Smash until Fall.) We can Smash at the Student Union of the University of Toledo or something and I'll try to gather who is left in the area. We also have a SoS/Toledo Smash Facebook group if you want me to add you to that.

Yeah, sorry about that Giga. There's a couple of weeks of vacation time until the summer term. Skullgirls looks like a fun game though. I've watched people play it.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
I would like to bring Skullgirls but I'm not sure if the TVs there can handle it. :/

EDIT: So when exactly does UT open again?

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, just so you know, we'll be starting up again in about a month.

Also, I need to make some minor updates to the thread.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
8:30 tomorrow guys. Student Union...South Lounge. :D

We may be switching the day from Wednesday to some other day.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Had to work 4-close tonight. Hopefully the turnout was good and things ran great. If I'm not working next Wednesday night I'll be there.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering what happened to this thread. Now that school's back on, we having this on Wednesday again? Also, I have Persona 4 Arena if anyone is interested in trying it.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Super Duper Fun Time

1. Lous :fox:
2. Crash :ganondorf:
3. Dr. D :dk2: :mario2:
4. Raider88 :sheik: :luigi2:
5. !Cpt. Cleveland! :falcon:
5. DaveForShort :sheik:
7. Tom Sawyer (tmtmny) :ganondorf:
7. SharkAttack :peach: :yoshi2:
9. DanS1 :drmario: :marth:
9. Peter :falco:
9. Nate :sheik:
9. GigaBowserXyZ :bowser2:

Yeah, Crash was piss. Went to game 5, 1 stock each in GF's and beat both Sheiks with Ganon to get there. Wes also beat Kevin for the first time in eons.

Good stuff. Was fun. :p

Happy Bday Dave!

tm

Smash Ace
Post Super Duper Fun Time

1. !Cpt. Cleveland! / tmtmny :Ganontain Falcondorf:
2. Lous / Dr. D :Dr. Foxio:

Good **** guys.
Crash was so hype.
Bob I want more 1v1s.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Crash was on a roll last night.

It was fun being back at School of Smash. I hope I can get more Wednesday's off at night.

Good to see everyone again.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Sorry guys for not coming to School of Smash. I've been working on Wednesday nights and have been busy with other things.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Just letting everyone know that we've decided to cancel School of Smash at UT. :(

All good things must come to an end, and we've become a solid region thanks to the people who have made this happen every Wednesday. The last 2 years have been a blast. Thank you to everyone who made it out, even if it was only once.

We've decided to cancel it because:
1. Most of the Smash scene here doesn't go to UT anymore.
2. Life
3. We're all starting to move to Cleveland. (lol)
4. Setting up at 8:45 and getting kicked out at midnight is inconvenient.

Smash is still alive and well here though. We're planning on livestreaming Lous House next Wednesday. ;) If anyone from NW Ohio is interested in getting into the Melee scene here, don't be afraid to drop me a PM or text or just post in this thread.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
School of Smash was fun. It's a bummer that it will end, but I'm more glad that it happened in the first place, and that I got to be a part of it for a good amount of time during it's 2 1/2 year run. I got to meet a lot of cool people that became friends. There have been a lot of great matches that I've taken part in, but even better, matches that I've spectated, especially during Super Duper Fun Time.

I wish I could have came to more of these down the stretch, but I work every Wednesday from 8-close, which had made it impossible.

Thanks to all who have made School of Smash happen. Those who administrated it such as Lous, Dr. D, and Brad Falcon, and anyone else who I accidently forgot. I also want to thank those that came to School of Smash just to play. The big groups allowed for the fun.

Lastly, it's good to know that School of Smash didn't end because people quit Smash, but instead because life became busy for nearly all of us.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
It's been good to have you as a regular for most of the past 2 1/2 years, Shark. Anytime you wanna Smash, just give me a holler. Same goes for everyone else. :) A handful of us are still very active with Melee. I'm sure others want to be active, but are just really busy with work, like you and Raider. Everytime I think I'm done with Smash or I'm too busy for it, someone's always there to get me back into it. lol

TMario

Smash Apprentice
Dang... so I looked up the BashCon website. I can't find anything on tournys. Is there gonna be Smash tournys this year?

Top Bottom