• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NWOH Thread: Brawl/Melee Smashfest next Wednesday (Toledo, Findlay, BG, Lima)

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Gonna try to get some more tournaments at the University of Toledo started.

Shooting for mid-September for the first one.

Can't make any promises. I'll know more once the school year starts in late August because to reserve a room, we have to go through the gaming club. Though a couple of us who want to host them are involved in the gaming club.

Though rest assured, 80% sure we'll be having at least some tournaments this year. Y'all better come to BASHCon XXVI in February.

jkbbabione

Smash Apprentice
Gonna try to get some more tournaments at the University of Toledo started.

Shooting for mid-September for the first one.

Can't make any promises. I'll know more once the school year starts in late August because to reserve a room, we have to go through the gaming club. Though a couple of us who want to host them are involved in the gaming club.

Though rest assured, 80% sure we'll be having at least some tournaments this year. Y'all better come to BASHCon XXVI in February.
hyesz my first tournies for sure

TheKiest

Smash Champion
If you guys want to save time/gas for OUGA, you could drive to my house in Columbus THEN carpool with me and frenchmen.

We would be leaving friday at 6-7ish pm and returning to C-bus sometime Sunday afternoon.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Super Duper Fun Time Results - October 4th, 2010

1. DarkLouis :bowser2: :falco: (Won both sets in grand finals)
2. Captain Diabetes :younglinkmelee: :dk2: :roymelee:
3. Poke :peach:
4. Brad Falcon :falcon:
5. Dan :drmario:

Just a fun Melee tournament we have in the office every once in awhile.

Good games, guys. :p

Shoutouts:

Captain Diabetes - Fun sets. Always a pleasure to play you

Poke - Nice job beating up my Bowser one game.

Brad Falcon - You're getting better bro

Dan - I think you got bracket screwed. :(

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Really good news, guys. I'm pretty sure we're going to start having weekly Brawl/Melee smashfests on Wednesday nights at the University of Toledo at 8:00 p.m. (9:00 p.m. every other Wednesday because of BASH meetings.) We just have to get the final OK from our University's gaming club. Hopefully though this, we'll be able to revive our scene and start organizing more professional tournaments in the area.

We're planning on putting up flyers for this, so I'm hoping this will get big.

Check out the front thread, I'm going to try to keep it organized.

If anyone is going to come, we need setups.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Duper Fun Time 2 Results (Melee):

8 entrants (2 replacements later on)

1. DarkLouis :bowser2: ($0)
2. Amanda :mewtwo: :link2: & Coca :marth: :falcon: :link2: ($0)
3. Q :luigi2: ($0)
4. Poke :peach:
5. Alex :mario2:
5. Wes :younglinkmelee: :ganondorf: :dk2: & Richard :pikachu2: :link2:
7. Frenchy :falcon:
7. Brad Falcon :falcon:

Entrance Fee was $30. However, a band of ninjas came in, raided the office, and stole all of the pot contents.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
:( It was the only night all of the organizers of this/smash players could meet every week.

Maybe things will change for you later on. D:

jkbbabione

Smash Apprentice
GREAT NEWS!

That game store that opened in Findlay has told me that they WILL be hosting at least one or two tournaments soon, they don't know exactly when yet. They are going to call me once they find out, so when I know, you guys will know.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
GREAT NEWS!

That game store that opened in Findlay has told me that they WILL be hosting at least one or two tournaments soon, they don't know exactly when yet. They are going to call me once they find out, so when I know, you guys will know.
I am there, man. lol I really hope it's not during Black Friday weekend though, or else I can't go.

I'll bring as many people as I can. I hope other people do the same.

Also, possible Smashfest in Toledo this week. I'll let you guys know. The Gaming Club is working on getting us a room.

Hopefully this will lead to the rebirth of NW OH. :D

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
Louis louis louis, even though you have stomped me everytime we have played melee I think it is time for me to pick up a controller again and try to make it out for a tournament

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Louis louis louis, even though you have stomped me everytime we have played melee I think it is time for me to pick up a controller again and try to make it out for a tournament
Come to Wednesday night Smash when it starts up! (And the tourney coming up is only going to be Brawl. :( )

It'll be at 8:00 or 9:00 p.m. depending on whether we have a meeting or not.

And it'll probably be awhile, but I think Wednesday night smash will transition into hosting Brawl and Melee (Doubles and Singles hopefully) tournaments on Saturdays.

Also:

Super Duper Fun Time 3 Results -

Location - The UT BASH office

Entry Fee - A bajillion dollars

Time - 2:15 - 4:30ish

1. Quaa :roymelee: :samus2: :falcon: :marth: ($12,601.40)
2. Wes :younglinkmelee: :dk2: ($3,600.40)
3. DarkLouis :bowser2: ($1,800.20)
4. Q :luigi2:
5. Dan #2 :samus2: :ness2:
5. Poke :peach:
7. Braaad Falcon! :falcon:

Bracket:

Can't believe I didn't go Falco with that much money on the line. It's that Bowser pride. <3

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Alright. We might be having a Smashfest tomorrow around 9:00 (Because there is a gaming club meeting.)

If we find out the room # early, I will post it and tell you a safe place to park if you're not a UT student.

However, the gaming club has apparently had trouble on getting a room for us, so I'm crossing my fingers right now.

If we can't get a room on Wednesdays, we'll think up a plan B.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Alot of news:

There's a Brawl Singles charity tournament that is coming up, so I thought I would announce it.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=289551

Also, BASH (The University of Toledo's Gaming Club) couldn't get us a room for the Smashfest this week, but hopefully we can confirm that we'll have one next week on the 27th. (Pretty sure we'll have one by then.) These will be weeklies and I will be making a thread once I confirm that everything is set.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Alright, we've got a flier pretty much made for the Smashfest. It's very likely that we're going to be meeting this week. :) If the gaming club turns out to be extremely lazy and never got us the room, I'm going to be very unhappy. :C

Thread will be posted if confirmed. :p

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey guys, there's this place in Swanton, OH called House of Games.

Looks like it'd be a good place to host tournaments as they host tournaments on the XBox360.

Venue fee would probably be $5 and entry would be $10 like standard tournaments...and if we hyped it up enough, we could definitely get MI to come down here and players from SW/SE/NE/Central OH.

I still have to talk to the owners though, so nothing has been done yet. Just brainstorming ideas up.

Would anyone be interested in travelling out there for tournaments? I'm most likely going there on Saturday for an overnight LAN party with BASH.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Hey guys, Brawl tourney in Ann Arbor this Saturday. I can go, but only for Singles.

I get off at work around 1:00, so we'd get there at 2:00. If people could meet me at the University of Toledo around 1:05, I'll drive people up if they give me gas money.

Singles Bracket will start at 6:00. Unsure of when the venue closes, but I usually stay pretty late for friendlies.

Dojomaster2

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, there's this place in Swanton, OH called House of Games.

Looks like it'd be a good place to host tournaments as they host tournaments on the XBox360.

Venue fee would probably be $5 and entry would be $10 like standard tournaments...and if we hyped it up enough, we could definitely get MI to come down here and players from SW/SE/NE/Central OH.

I still have to talk to the owners though, so nothing has been done yet. Just brainstorming ideas up.

Would anyone be interested in travelling out there for tournaments? I'm most likely going there on Saturday for an overnight LAN party with BASH.
Louis id be in, my only problem is how late id be there due to being out of work at earliest 8 and latest 11, but if you plan on all nighters id show up later and play friendlies and stuff sundays.

Top Bottom