• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Offical Link on Epona for brawl thread!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I never really liked the idea of Minda on wolf llink because one; link is way too cool to have some chick riding on him, and two; minda is too amazing to be tide down to a wolf... BUT... Link on epona, thats something completely different!

Link and epona have been in three games now, three. (thats more games than shiek and marth and~ roy combined!) They have tons of room for cool moves, and they look really cool too!

They should be really fast, like as fast a fox, and strong like DK but still be able to pull of good combos because thats how they work in the game, you know?

Also, a few useless pictures!

Also~
Move List

A - head butt (epona does a head butt, it comes out very fast with a little bit of lag timee)
forward A - tackle (epona does a stronger head butt, it comes out relitively slow and has decent wind down lag)
down A - waist slash (Link leans to epona's side and does a slash with his master sword this is at about the wait of an opponent.)
up A - sky cut (link swings the sword above his head in an arc, relitively fast but only could realistically hit people above link and epona)
forward smash - Kick (this is a strange one, but Epona rears out and kicks behind her, it very strong and fast but has big wind down.)
Down smash - stomp(epona stomps down in front of herself)
Up smash - Link does his signature up smash but just on epona's back, the frist two attacks pull the enemy in the last has good knock back)

air A - back flip (epona does a back flip enemys hit by it won't get too much knock back though)
air F-A sky butt (epona does another head butt, decent speed, laggy recovery though)
air D-A air stomp (epona spomps down with all four hoves, this is a metor smash)
air B-A back kick (epona kicks behind her, good speed and range)
air U-A stab (link stabs his sword above the pair)

B - bomb arrow, it doesn't go as far as link's normal arrows, but it has more knock back and damage
forward B - Boomerang it is similar to link's normal one, but it causes more stun.
Down B - rapid Dash (epona charges forward hitting opponents in the way multiple times for good damage, in the air this is a meteor smash. The move continue for a few seconds or if you cancel it by hitting B again, Also this is epona's main recovery.)
Up B - Spin attack (Link does a spin attack while on epona. it has good range but can be ducked by most characters, in the air it doesn't bring them very high.

LINK ON EPONA FOR BRAWL!!~

Starálfur

Smash Apprentice
Marth was in two games. Sheik was in one. Roy was in one (argueably two - he had a brief cameo).

3 < 4

Or

3 < 5

Even if you only thought Marth had been in one game how is 3 (Epona ) appearances more than three (Sheik, Marth and Roy combined) appearances?

Presumably there's at least going to be three Zelda characters (Zelda, Ganondorf seem a good bet to get in) in Brawl and I don't see Link riding on his horse as a better addition than... Most other Zelda characters.

Anyway, nevermind. I'm pretty sure this is a joke topic (fast, strong and combos...) and shouldn't be taken seriously as I just did....

:ohwell:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Link + Epona = Bigger than Bowser omg.
I know... they could scale them to fit, and they are supposed to be big anyway, it's link on a horse.
If u can think of a viable moveset for that i'll be amazed
Aerial attacks !!?!?!? But kl idea tho lol
A - head butt (epona does a head butt, it comes out very fast with a little bit of lag timee)
forward A - tackle (epona does a stronger head butt, it comes out relitively slow and has decent wind down lag)
down A - waist slash (Link leans to epona's side and does a slash with his master sword this is at about the wait of an opponent.)
up A - sky cut (link swings the sword above his head in an arc, relitively fast but only could realistically hit people above link and epona)
forward smash - Kick (this is a strange one, but Epona rears out and kicks behind her, it very strong and fast but has big wind down.)
Down smash - stomp(epona stomps down in front of herself)
Up smash - Link does his signature up smash but just on epona's back, the frist two attacks pull the enemy in the last has good knock back)

air A - back flip (epona does a back flip enemys hit by it won't get too much knock back though)
air F-A sky butt (epona does another head butt, decent speed, laggy recovery though)
air D-A air stomp (epona spomps down with all four hoves, this is a metor smash)
air B-A back kick (epona kicks behind her, good speed and range)
air U-A stab (link stabs his sword above the pair)

B - bomb arrow, it doesn't go as far as link's normal arrows, but it has more knock back and damage
forward B - Boomerang it is similar to link's normal one, but it causes more stun.
Down B - rapid Dash (epona charges forward hitting opponents in the way multiple times for good damage, in the air this is a meteor smash. The move continue for a few seconds or if you cancel it by hitting B again, Also this is epona's main recovery.)
Up B - Spin attack (Link does a spin attack while on epona. it has good range but can be ducked by most characters, in the air it doesn't bring them very high.
Marth was in two games. Sheik was in one. Roy was in one (argueably two - he had a brief cameo).

3 < 4

Or

3 < 5

Even if you only thought Marth had been in one game how is 3 (Epona ) appearances more than three (Sheik, Marth and Roy combined) appearances?

Presumably there's at least going to be three Zelda characters (Zelda, Ganondorf seem a good bet to get in) in Brawl and I don't see Link riding on his horse as a better addition than... Most other Zelda characters.

Anyway, nevermind. I'm pretty sure this is a joke topic (fast, strong and combos...) and shouldn't be taken seriously as I just did....

:ohwell:
(Star is a party pooper)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
^Joke of the day
~Tera253~
You can post stuff like this some where else, I'm trying to be serious... This thread is for people who want Link on Epona in the game or for people who can create good reasons for them not to be.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Oh I should put the cons of the character too, right now the character sounds very overpowered.

what gets link on epona is lack of range despite a bigger frame. Think something similar to bowser.
They are relitively easy to combo because of thier weight and size.
They can't grab the edge either (that was important I forgot to say that) this helps to balance the rapid dash recovery and also makes it more "real" even though it is a game epona grabing the edge is a little strange.

So... what do you guys think?

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
That would be cool but it just don't see a horse as playable character. Maybe an AT but not a playable character.

thefindingmoon

Smash Cadet
i don't (necesarilly)? think link should ride epona in brawl,,but epona should have been in his final smash .\/.
-

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
What if Epona was an AT, but the person who summoned her would be able to ride her (no matter who they were)? It's a little far-fetched, but it is still within the realm of possibility.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
This idea is dumb. What's next? DK riding Rambi? Mario riding Yoshi? Fox riding Krystal?

If this thread's done anything, it's made the idea of playing as Midna riding Wolf Link seem less stupid by comparison.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Please try to make your critisms contructive please.
I put a lot of effort and thought into this character, And I haven't been going around bashing your ideas for characters.

Thank you.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't think the character should be in the game at all. I don't really know how to say that "constructively". If anything, the horse could be an item if they added mounts like someone else suggested.

Diggabob

Smash Rookie
theres no way they'll implent that i think.

Normal Link is in it so they wont make him as another char with his horse x D

they would be even more alike looking than young link-link

linkvsfox2012

Smash Rookie
They would be the biggest character/characters in the game.
Perhaps Link could have one move where Epona comes in and smashes into everyone
just a thought.

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
You can post stuff like this some where else, I'm trying to be serious... This thread is for people who want Link on Epona in the game or for people who can create good reasons for them not to be.
Hate to kill your dream, but I have one good reason: WAY TO BIG AND AWKWARD!!! Not to mention those are very unrealistic movesets... a horse doing a backflip? Just doens't sound natural to me, even ON a game like Brawl.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Look at how big the new bowser is, size obviously isn't an issue...

and if pasta loving mario can do a back flip...

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
wow this is the stupidest idea for this game i ever heard other invader zim

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
Look at how big the new bowser is, size obviously isn't an issue...

and if pasta loving mario can do a back flip...
...That's Bowswer, who comes from a cartoonish like world called the Mushroom Kingdom. We're talking about a horse who's supposedly supposed to do backflips (No, i'm not flaming you, so don't take this harshly please, I don't mean it that way). Not to mention... I think one 'mount' (Wario's chopper) is good enough for the game.

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
While we're at it lets have Wind Waker Link in his boat :D

Kidding, kidding...

You put alot of effort into this but I don't see them having two of the same Link's just one being on a horse. Especially since theres a good chance of Wind Waker Link being in (Even though he is a entirely different Link) and even a small chance of Midna and Wolf Link. So that would make 4 Links! Not going to happen, plus it would just be weird... being on a horse and all.... BUT I think Epona for AT would be win. She could come out of the trophy and the person who summoned her could ride her around for certain amount of time hitting into people for massive damage.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
LOL as much as I like Link... Ummm... I don't want to see Link ride his horse and fight on it... That would just suck... Only possible way I could even see this is if he got it as a B move somewhat like Wario's Chopper.

PS. LMAO at a horse doing a backflip...

Top Bottom