• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
Pit, Ike, MK, Bowser, and Marth are the only glaring errors that bother me.
Please elaborate on this statement. Do you think they are too high, or too low. Do you think they are in the wrong tier? Why Meta-knight and Marth?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
In Many Tourney Threads: WAH SONIC IS LOW TIER LET ME USE HIM

Strangely, it will all be from Kai.
I was about to say something until I read the end.
Yup. None of the other Sonics are complaining about his placing on this list. It's almost exactly where he's supposed to be.

Sonic, Pokemon Trainer, Ness, and Ike are constantly weaving in and out of "too much **** for low tier", and "not enough ****" for everything else.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Unless other characters were 100% accurate to their games too. Metroid Samus would kill Metal Gear snake.

Oh and Zelda is pretty bad. A defensive character who can't force an approach. Even if you couldn't DI/tech her smashes she'd be in bad shape.
Samus should be an amazing Smash character, from a design perspective.

I don't know what they were thinking when they put her in the game.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Samus should be an amazing Smash character, from a design perspective.

I don't know what they were thinking when they put her in the game.
This is why I'm very disappointed that they decided not to have patches or anything. Samus is a couple of tweaks away from being at least mid tier.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
This is how Sakurai makes his $$$. Nerf characters to his liking and stick em together. maybe one day he'll get it right and the tier list would be completely different.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
again...... why is mk still on top???
Because just about every back room member agrees that he's the best in the game and about half of the community thinks he should be banned. Look at a few of the 7000 posts about him for more info. :laugh:

Tien2500

Smash Lord
This is how Sakurai makes his $$$. Nerf characters to his liking and stick em together. maybe one day he'll get it right and the tier list would be completely different.
Sakurai made a very fun fighting game meant mainly to be enjoyed by normal players (not necessarily casual gamers but not tourney going people). He is a professional and didn't nerf certain characters because he doesn't like them. He's not a 12 year old boy making a video game who says "Link is teh gayz. Make him suk mor plez."

Edit:
so in your logic, the other HALF of the community thinks he shouldn't be banned.

whats your point?
My point is that there is a large concensus that he is the best character in the game

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
His point Mike was that if the community has a serious, actual discussion going on about whether to ban a character or not, chances are that character is at least the best in the game. That post wasn't "BAN MK" or anything dawg lol, he's just saying "Hey man, MK is still on top because it's kind of obvious he's the best. To further prove this, the community is in a discussion on whether to ban him or not, which is something you would not expect if the character was not obviously the best to begin with"

He could have worded it better, but yeah that's basically what he tried to say.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
utter nonsense. how could jiggs not raise at least 1 spot with her **** control game?

Tien2500

Smash Lord
His point Mike was that if the community has a serious, actual discussion going on about whether to ban a character or not, chances are that character is at least the best in the game. That post wasn't "BAN MK" or anything dawg lol, he's just saying "Hey man, MK is still on top because it's kind of obvious he's the best. To further prove this, the community is in a discussion on whether to ban him or not, which is something you would not expect if the character was not obviously the best to begin with"

He could have worded it better, but yeah that's basically what he tried to say.
Yeah. Pretty much this.

you didn't say that,
Well unfortunately people don't always communicate their ideas perfectly.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
so in your logic, the other HALF of the community thinks he shouldn't be banned.

whats your point?
After two years, him being good to point that half the community wants him banned, makes it evident that he belongs at the top.

I believe that's his point.

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
Just because hes the best in the game doesn't mean he's so much better than everyone else or deserves his own tier. It just means he gets spot #1

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Just because hes the best in the game doesn't mean he's so much better than everyone else or deserves his own tier. It just means he gets spot #1
not in every game, no. but in brawl, MK deserves his own tier

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Sakurai made a very fun fighting game meant mainly to be enjoyed by normal players (not necessarily casual gamers but not tourney going people). He is a professional and didn't nerf certain characters because he doesn't like them. He's not a 12 year old boy making a video game who says "Link is teh gayz. Make him suk mor plez."
I was referring to design. Like Turbo said, based on design a lot of characters would be a lot more valuable. But not every one can be an astronaunt I guess...:ohwell:

Tien2500

Smash Lord
I was referring to design. Like Turbo said, based on design a lot of characters would be a lot more valuable. But not every one can be an astronaunt I guess...:ohwell:
Ah ok. I gotcha. But I think for the most part the character design is right. Samus does feel a lot like she should to me based on the games, and so does Link. Ganon not so much since he's based on Falcon's moveset.

Trela

Smash Lord
I laugh at the people who think Lucario is Mid-Tier.

Us Lucarios will continue to help bring him up on the Tier List!

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
link zelda and ganon are now all one great big sad happy family in the triforce tier now X3

pit mains in america need to look more closely to japanese pit mains, there is a reason he's top tier there....
lol at this

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Once ICs really start exploiting desync to combo into grabs out of stuff like Blizzard-walling, I think we'll see ICs in the same tier as MK.

As far as a character with a lot of untapped potential, I can't wait to see what kind of stupidity people manage to unsurface with them.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
There are no rules addressing planking in the official SBR ruleset, thus, there is no way in hell that Snake would be on the same level as MK on this tier list.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
its funny how zelda is a defensive character that only has GTFO moves and can't force an approach

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Once ICs really start exploiting desync to combo into grabs out of stuff like Blizzard-walling, I think we'll see ICs in the same tier as MK.

As far as a character with a lot of untapped potential, I can't wait to see what kind of stupidity people manage to unsurface with them.
Can't combo me when I'm platform camping like a **** because I don't want to get infinited.

Or running away as Wario take your pick.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Or planking them lol.

Or scrooging.

Or Snake.

Or Planking them.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
All ICs have to do against MK is sit across the stage with the score tied at 0% and use iceblocks.

IC vs MK is IC advantage R1, R3, and R5 if the ICs player isn't an idiot with stage selection, because MK has to approach and I doubt anybody is going to CP MK to a stage where he can poke from below safely.

Owait, I'm being trolled by proban. Whoops.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Thiocynade, I looked at your custom title.

And then I knew. I knew what you knew, but I also know what you do not know.

Which means... GOOD GAME SIR.

CaliburChamp is a huge troll, I bet he will post right after mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom