• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Bowser Jr Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Neutral B: Paintbrush Slash--Name says all
Side B: Bullet Bill Jr.--Think BJ's special pitch from Mario Superstar Baseball, except it deals damage
Up B: Graffitti Stream-- BJ is propelled upwards by a stream of paint
Down B: ???
FS: Graffiti Takeover--The stage is drowned in paint

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I dislike this character...

Having another Mario enemy playable is not the perfect definition of variety to me. Specially if we're talking about adding the baby version of Bowser + Paintbrush.

The paintbrush could be a separate item, if you ask me. As for Shadow Mario I can actually SEE the guy being an AT spreading his paint all over the place.

I don't hate the character with the passion some people do.. But he's still pretty far from me getting to like the guy. Even though I've played New Super Mario Bros, and some Sunshine.

For a Mario character I'd rather have Daisy... Toad... or *shrug* even Walu... no... scratch that last bit.

Umm i made a moveset for bowser jr. i hope you guys like it!

Bowser Jr.
Speed: **
Power: ****
Attack Speed: *****
Jump: ***
Fall Speed: ***
Recovery: ***

Standard Special Move- Paintbrush gather- Bowser Jr. begins rotating his paintbrush above his head and it slowly begins to cover itself in paint, after pressing B again he swipes the paintbrush in front of him. This move does really good damage but a little bit of knockback. After getting hit by this move you’re speed decreases and you’re covered in paint. After is max charged you can press the shield button to save the shot. 12% damage uncharged, 54% damage charged.

Side Special Move- Fire Orb Burst- Bowser Jr. leans back then shoots forward three fireballs. Upon contact a small explosion occurs. The first two fireballs are much smaller than the third but for good reason, they have a sucking sort of ability that pulls you into the center of the explosion allowing the preceding fireball to hit easier. The third fireball is much bigger than the first two. It does twice as much damage as the smaller ones and thrice as much knockback, being able to KO the opponent at relatively small damages (50% and upwards). 8% small fireball 16% large fireball.

Up Special Move- Illusionary Dash- Bowser Jr. does his trademark chuckle and splits into three versions of himself then dashes upward. Each one of them are a liquid blue color and have bright red eyes. Only one of them is the real one, if one gets hit they disappear into splash of water (Note: if you hit an illusion with a physical attack you get the paint effect). If the real Bowser Jr. is hit then the other two illusions turn into liquid and the move is canceled. If an illusion reaches the ledge then the real Bowser Jr. flies into the liquid and takes its place. If you are between Bowser Jr. and his copy then you will take damage when he bashes through you.

Down Special Move- Shadow Transform- Bowser Jr. paints a circle around himself and a wall of liquid surrounds him, after it falls to the ground (this takes about 1 second) he appears as Shadow Mario.

Final Smash- Koopa Clown Car Havoc- Bowser Jr. somersaults into the background and lands in his father’s clown car. He then flies into the stage. Pressing your standard special will make Bowser Jr. throw three bob-ombs onto the stage and occasionally a little Bowser Toy (I don’t know the name of those little mechanic bowser’s that chased you in the game) that walks around and breaths fire. Using your side special will make Bowser Jr. shoot three bullet bills out of the car, two of them go in the path they were fired and one is a homing bill that chases after the closest player. After fifteen seconds Jr. will jump out of the Clown Car, which flies into the stage and explodes, and joins the brawl again. Bob-Ombs- as much as a regular one does. Bullet Bill- As much as a regular one does (Subspace emissary). Bowser Toy- 12% if you touch it, flame breath does 7%.

Shadow Mario
Speed: ****
Power: **
Attack Speed: **
Jump: ****
Fall Speed: **
Recovery: *****

Standard Special Move- Dark Water Splash- Shadow Mario flicks his hand upward and a large glob of water flies out of it and falls downward. If the glob of water hits the floor it creates small slippery surface that is similar to the banana peel item. If this move hits another character they get sent downward and receive the paint effect, this move is good for edge guarding. 2% if hit.

Side Special Move- Liquid Dash- Shadow Mario blasts forward with liquid trailing behind him. This move is sort of like Fox’s side special move. If you get hit by Shadow Mario at the end of the move you get a tremendous amount of knockback and go flying. 6% from being in the middle of attack, 12% from the ending of the move.

Up Special Move- Shadow Teleport- The paintbrush ‘M’ from Super Mario Sunshine appears in front of Shadow Mario and he jumps through it. He jumps out of another ‘M’ that appears in the stage. This move recovers a lot of distance but it has a lot of lag after Shadow Mario comes out of the M.

Down Special Move- Shadow Transform- Shadow Mario breaks apart into a puddle and then reforms into Bowser Jr. (This takes about 1.4 seconds)

Final Smash- Piranha Plant Destruction- Shadow Mario pulls out his paintbrush and throws a large glob of paint onto the stage. Shortly after a giant Piranha Plant covered in the gook emerges from the paint and starts attacking everyone by spitting globs of paint at everyone (leaves paint effect if hit) and ramming its girth into the other players. Shadow Mario is free to move around while it’s out. 23% from paint blast, 28% from being hit by the plant, and 12% if you get hit by the first glob that Shadow Mario throws out onto the stage

Taunts-

Bowser Jr. tries to perform his father’s taunt but his roar isn’t nearly as intimidating.
Bowser Jr. spins around on his shell and then strikes a pose
Bowser Jr. does his trademark laugh and looks around mischievously while covering his mouth

Shadow Mario pulls out the paintbrush and spins it around
Shadow Mario puts his hand onto the ground and looks at the screen while his eyes glow red
Shadow Mario turns into a puddle and reforms

Entrances-

Bowser Jr. jumps out of the Koopa Clown car and onto the stage.

Shadow Mario emerges out of the ‘M’ portal. (you can start as shadow Mario by holding Z)

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Bj is pretty up and coming, though always his stats are the same or very similair to his father's respectively. I don't know how they'll differentiate without taking out the feel of "Little Big Koopa"

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Bj is pretty up and coming, though always his stats are the same or very similair to his father's respectively. I don't know how they'll differentiate without taking out the feel of "Little Big Koopa"
Bowser is a heavy character and Jr is a light character. I've only had two games where they are both in it Double Dash! and Strikers Charged Football and they were different in those two in stats.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Why does everyone believe that it has to be either Bowser Jr. or Geno? I can see a roster for both, and am a bit tired of the constant back and forth arguments over these two characters.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I dislike this character...

Having another Mario enemy playable is not the perfect definition of variety to me. Specially if we're talking about adding the baby version of Bowser + Paintbrush.

The paintbrush could be a separate item, if you ask me. As for Shadow Mario I can actually SEE the guy being an AT spreading his paint all over the place.

I don't hate the character with the passion some people do.. But he's still pretty far from me getting to like the guy. Even though I've played New Super Mario Bros, and some Sunshine.

For a Mario character I'd rather have Daisy... Toad... or *shrug* even Walu... no... scratch that last bit.
daisy-clone(why do you want a clone over an original character?!!?!?!??!)
toad-why?
1.bowser jr. can have the shadow mario transformation wield the brush instead of himself that way, we dont have a mario clone, and baby bowser is still unique.

[RANT]I am tired of hearing people say shadow mario would be a ****ing clone![/RANT]
Im sorry if I strayed off the point, I just needed to let out.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

[RANT]I am tired of hearing people say shadow mario would be a ****ing clone![/RANT]
Im sorry if I strayed off the point, I just needed to let out.
I personally think that SM would be a Mario clone, but with Paint-based attacks. But I still like the idea of Bowser Jr. transforming into him.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I'm tired of people using arguments like Shadow Mario would be a clone and Jr. isn't original. Those are completely useless arguments.

Sasori's_Shadow

Smash Apprentice
For a while now Junior's been one of my favorite video game characters. If he's in I'm definately going to attempt to main him. I'd say his chances are pretty good (to say the least); he's the perfect newcomer to represent the Mario franchise. For one, there's very little good choices for Mario newcomers save Junior and Geno, but aside from that lack of choices he does have a whole lot going for him as well (and I could address that, though I think Gimpy did a pretty good job of that in the opening post).

Anyways, there's a somewhat prominent argument that's frequently used against Junior that really bugs me though, and it's that Junior is a potential Bowser clone, or that his inclusion would mean less variety amongst Mario characters. I've seen it in this thread as well. I mean, I can somewhat understand the reasoning, but the reasoning itself is elementary if you ask me. Junior is (obviously) Bowser's son, naturally he's going to look like Bowser. Does that take away from his move-set potential? Not in the least. Neither would I say that Junior's inclusion lessens variety of Mario characters. While he may look like Bowser, his character has been explored in a good amount of depth in Sunshine and even in Mario Superstar Baseball and Galaxy, and he's an entirely different character than Bowser. On top of that, he's important to the franchise itself, serving as the main antagonist of both Sunshine and the New Super Mario Bros, though also making several other appearances in the Mario sports titles, Galaxy, etc. Personally, I'd say Junior's potential inclusion alongside his father would only be fitting.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
For a while now Junior's been one of my favorite video game characters. If he's in I'm definately going to attempt to main him. I'd say his chances are pretty good (to say the least); he's the perfect newcomer to represent the Mario franchise. For one, there's very little good choices for Mario newcomers save Junior and Geno, but aside from that lack of choices he does have a whole lot going for him as well (and I could address that, though I think Gimpy did a pretty good job of that in the opening post).

There's a somewhat prominent argument against Junior that really bugs me though, and it's that Junior is a potential Bowser clone, or that his inclusion would mean less variety amongst Mario characters. I've seen it in this thread as well. I mean, I can somewhat understand the reasoning, but the reasoning itself is elementary if you ask me. Junior is (obviously) Bowser's son, naturally he's going to look like Bowser. Does that take away from his move-set potential? Not in the least. Neither would I say that Junior's inclusion lessens variety of Mario characters. While he may look like Bowser, his character has been explored in a good amount of depth in Sunshine and even in Mario Superstar Baseball and Galaxy, and he's an entirely different character than Bowser. On top of that, he's important to the franchise itself, serving as the main antagonist of both Sunshine and the New Super Mario Bros, though also making several other appearances in the Mario sports titles, Galaxy, etc. Personally, I'd say Junior's potential inclusion alongside his father would only be fitting.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom