• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official captain falcon's potential discussion thread

Tenki

Smash Hero
some of you people are more defensive than sonic fanboys.

that's no good.

__V

Smash Journeyman
Nice e-*****es.

Back on topic now, please...

I believe that CF is primarily a gimping/punishing character. He's fast enough to get anywhere he needs to be, and his Uair has an obscene range of attack, which makes it perfect for gimping. He isn't particularly good at combos, but he's also capable of a few. His up+B and side+B can gimp people and help you recover at the same time.

Tenki

Smash Hero
His speed is just perfect for pivot grab spotdodge counters, really.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I talked about my Jiggs because you or someone said I was a tier *****.

Are you trolling me?
haha no

and on topic: captain falcon's speed is good for more than one thing (pivot grabbing as mentioned and offcourse good for hitting and running :p)

crewster

Smash Lord
I think that captain falcon's potentionals lie not in advanced comboing, but in basic comboing. Just think aout it, stop doing all those fancy combo's and just sick to the simple one's. Then , either, lure them off stage and bamm the knee comes out (or any other good arials,Up,Down,Back)! or wait for a chance and falcon punch them or just go on racking up damage till you have enough for a smash.There I hope you liked it. Just you wait, a advanced tecnique(you should use these, ONLY IF YOU HAVE MASTERED THEM and they are usefull in the situation) that can beat MK will be found, then who'll be laghing, not snake thats for sure!

__V

Smash Journeyman
I used a flubbed knee to gimp characters with crappy recoveries. And Ness and Lucas are sooooo Falcon Punch/Kneeable. If they hit you with their up+B, you get knocked back up to the stage, they just die, and you recover. If they miss, they get Pawnched/Knee'd. Either way, they're pretty much dead.

But yeah. They just sit there in the air waiting for you to kill them. It's beautiful.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
I used a flubbed knee to gimp characters with crappy recoveries. And Ness and Lucas are sooooo Falcon Punch/Kneeable. If they hit you with their up+B, you get knocked back up to the stage, they just die, and you recover. If they miss, they get Pawnched/Knee'd. Either way, they're pretty much dead.

But yeah. They just sit there in the air waiting for you to kill them. It's beautiful.
lucas' up-B won't disappear after hitting someone, so if it does hit you, they still survive(unless they're crap)

Wogrim

Smash Lord
lucas' up-B won't disappear after hitting someone, so if it does hit you, they still survive(unless they're crap)
I thought it was if you hit the tail you get hit and it keeps going, but if you hit the head you get hit and it ends. I mean hit it as in run into it, I never actually tried attacking it, although if you could clank it with a Knee or something that would be good to know.

Electric Sperm isn't as manly as Electric Knee.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
I thought it was if you hit the tail you get hit and it keeps going, but if you hit the head you get hit and it ends. I mean hit it as in run into it, I never actually tried attacking it, although if you could clank it with a Knee or something that would be good to know.
oh sorry, didn't know that xD

Electric Sperm isn't as manly as Electric Knee.
of cousre.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Low Priority + Lack of flow in moveset + Poor range + average move speed + Mediocre recovery = bad character.

Captain falcon has a great grab game, powerful KO moves and a decent edgeguard. The problem is that after throws he has nothing, his KO moves are nigh impossible to lead into unless your opponent messes up, and the edgeguard requires that your opponents are off the stage in the first place, which is a challenge.

I think that with the tools he has, he could surpass Link and maybe Ganondorf, but it would require a lot of work on the part of Falcon mains plus near perfection in tournament play.

Zeallyx

Oh well lol. it would have been good. Still, is it likely that they will tech it? wouldn't that require precise timing. And if you didnt see it coming....
yes offcourse it is a possiblility they don't tech it:)
but:
1 it's not the easiest string of attacks to perform, so this makes it less usable (in a way)
2 it is not THAT hard to tech falcon's Dair when you're on the ground, the tech is the thing you pay attention to most after such an attack (goal = to get on your feet asap so when you're really concentrating on the game, getting out is not THAT hard)

but this doesn't take away that it is a nice solid string of moves, where the last two moves are actually able to combo:)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
OMG, you guys are ****ing scrubs... wtf... I told myself I wasn't going to get involved in this **** on the Falcon boards... but wow... LTP... ok, I'm done... hopefully... dammit you guys are dumb...

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
... uhhh... ok

at least we have better things to do than go around flaming for no reason. are you that bored?
haha, at least I know how to play the **** game... also, flaming people who deserve it is fun as hell. Once you actually know know a bit about the game, you should try it.

Zeallyx

haha, at least I know how to play the **** game... also, flaming people who deserve it is fun as hell. Once you actually know know a bit about the game, you should try it.
hahahaha
dude, it doesn't matter if you are good or not right now, you've just proven to be ignorant

oh and face knows his facts so don't talk trash about people you don't know

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
hahahaha
dude, it doesn't matter if you are good or not right now, you've just proven to be ignorant

oh and face knows his facts so don't talk trash about people you don't know
I've proven to be ignorant?... LOL... and he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, LMAO.

Zeallyx

I've proven to be ignorant?... LOL... and he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, LMAO.
LOL @ you LOLing
seriously, what's so funny..
face knows how to play this game well, so he knows what he's talking about
and you've proven to be more than ignorant..

Zeallyx

LOL, whatever you say scrub.
well that's all fine and dandy
but you are aware you've just proven that most things you say lack reason or logic behind it, when you are referring to people that is.
I don't doubt you know your smash facts, but you sure are one anti-social person on the interwebz

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Everything I say has reason behind it, I don't bash people for no reason. I don't really feel the need to give my reasons to scrubs and good people already understand why I say what I say so... there's really no reason for me to give my reasons :)

Zeallyx

Everything I say has reason behind it, I don't bash people for no reason. I don't really feel the need to give my reasons to scrubs and good people already understand why I say what I say so... there's really no reason for me to give my reasons :)
so you've seen me play?

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I don't need to see you play. I can tell that you suck by what you say on the boards.

It's definitely real easy to pick out the scrubs by word choice and what they say because there are many things good people would never say.

__V

Smash Journeyman

If you don't have anything to contribute, screw you. This topic is about improving ourselves and each other. Go be an elitist snob somewhere else.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
OH MY GOD. WTF Alex??? I can't believe you just said I was going to scrub their ***.

@V: I just want you guys to be aware that what you're saying is very scrubish because if you weren't aware of it, then you guys would just start being like, oh, doing this is so good, oh man, we're so good, when it wouldn't be so, in a way, I'm helping you by being as ******* :)

Top Bottom