• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Chat with Emblem Lord Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Hi EL, i always see u online but ur never brawling. I dont care y because im pretty sure u h8 wifi. But im going on a tangent anyway. What i wanted to ask was your opinion on fastfalling. I see a lot of marths who seem to feel the need to fast fall every single short hop they make. In your opinion, is this completely necessary? I dont do this but i can still hold my own against some pretty decent marths (omegaxf and serasmash).

Another thing i need help with is dealing with a campy sonic. I can usually do ok but he annoys the h3!! outta me when he does his spin dash and sits there and waits for an opening. He also runs to me and hits me with his dash attack. What is the best way to deal with this. I have tried grabbing sonic outta his spin dash but the timing is kinda difficult sometimes. Do you have a way to make this easier?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
EL, is it creepy that I actually saved that one picture of Marth and Meta as my wallpaper? >.>

Cubes

Smash Cadet
EL- attracting the followers of his future cult, one poster at a time XP

I know you don't need to hear this, but I want to recognize and thank you for the massive you have put in to this character, and your attitude towards helping people has earned my respect, even if it's just a video game. I want to play you to a match some time.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Fast falling from a short hop means you hit the ground sooner and you have more control over your own actions. More control = good.

The death grab vs Lucas isn't as bad since Marth has to move farther forward to get a re-grab, so the grab chain won't last as long.

I really don't know how Ness would go about fighting Marth. Don't get grabbed at all cost and abuse your PK fire would be the best tips I can give. And don't anything that puts you in danger of being grabbed.

Vs Sonic I just camp him with fairs and force him to get past my range.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
Meaning, roll then counter? or something else? Thx btw.
No, it's a joke/answer based on the over spamed "Do a barrel roll!". But anyway, rolls are very useful and funny if used at right times: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
Hmm? As in your bloodline prefers Buddhism, but you yourself have decided to be Atheist, or what?
I think he just don't believe in religions or gods (part atheist), but he do like the Buddhist traits about spiritual superation and he practice them (Well, I'm kinda similar, i believe in god, just i hate the religions, they are all so fake, at least the Buddhism offers superation)

Ulevo

Smash Master
If you were to wavedash while I was wavedashing and realized you wavedashed for the sake of wavedashing, and told me to wavedash, what would your response be while wavedashing in accordance to my wavedash after realizing that all you were doing was wavedashing because you like to wavedash, before you soon realized I didn't actually wavedash because this is brawl?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I suppose I would say...I finally know what mindgames are.

xD.

Atheism = Do not acknowledge a higher power. Do not believe in a higher power.

Buddhism = One who walks the path of enlightenment to find inner peace.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Some other questions I didn't get to answer.

Hehe, I plan on writing a thread for Marth in teams. I did one in Melee so I might as well do it again. So, look forward to that.

I became a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.

I use the c-stick for all my aerials so I have control of my DI.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol.

Of course that's impossible for nairs.

All my aerials except nairs.

Need to get specific around here.

I guess this community demands that I be on point at all times. lmao.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
lol.

Of course that's impossible for nairs.

All my aerials except nairs.

Need to get specific around here.

I guess this community demands that I be on point at all times. lmao.
Actually if the tilt the c stick in an absolute diagonal direction I believe it does a neutral air.

If you know everything about Marth then why don't you take it to the next level and go totally pro with him?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Because Brawl sucks.

And who said I know everything about Marth?

I have never made such a claim personally.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Hm, could you explain more about DI, SDI and WoP?

Haven't quite understood them.

Examples would be nice to. ;p

wazgood

Smash Ace
^^
i could actually help answer that

DI is when you hold a direction different than the direction you are sent flying. (usually perpendicular to flight angle) This can keep you alive longer by avoiding the deathzones or by DIing upwards so you dont have to recover horizontally. You can also DI away from weaker attacks in order to avoid being comboed. SDI is smash DI, which is moving a slight distance while in hitstun. (you can try this when you get hit by a smart bomb, just keep tapping the control stick in the same direction really fast)
WoP is a melee tech that carried over to brawl. It's pretty much just fair/bair spamming with jigglypuff, although some other chars can do it too.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Thanks haha.

Could you explain tech-chasing to? I just don't understand a few terms. :/

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Tech chasing doesn't really exist in Brawl.

Tech chasing in Melee was the act of trying to cover your opponents options after they tech in place or even just flat out guessing how they would tech. You can tech in place, tech roll left or right, do a normal get up or wake-up attack.

Marth for example had such high mobility that he could tech chase almost anyone simply on reaction, due to his long gliding dash dance and long wave dash. CF, Fox and Sheik were also amazing at tech chasing in Melee.

In Brawl teching itself is harder to do and tech chasing is very hard to do since you can't force reactions as well with no dash dancing and you can't immediately change direction with a wave dash if you want to chase your opponent down and you guessed wrong. It rarely even has the chance to occur since Brawl has so little hitstun.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
A form of movement on the ground. Basically in Melee you could control the direction that you airdodged in with the analog stick.

To wavedash you had to jump and then airdodge into the ground and you would slide on the ground and from a wavedash you could do anything you wanted. So it was movement combined with utility which made it very very useful at high level play.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Team guide? By Emblem Lord?

O_O

Awesomecakes.

Not trying to sound mean here, but if you think brawl sucks, why did you decide to take such a large roll in it?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I like Marth. I wanted to know all about him in this game. He is my fave character in SSBM and SSBB.

And EVERYONE was suped for Brawl when it was first released.

*shrugs

The game turned out to be a disappointment, but my resolve to help the Marth community and to push Marth's metagame to the limit didn't falter.

And..it was a new game. Uncharted territory. So much to discover and research. So much to learn and to share.

An untouched treasure trove of knowledge awaited me.

I just couldn't pass that up, regardless of Brawl's shortcomings.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I wouldn't say that Brawl sucks, but it was definately dissapointing in some aspects.

Here's a random question. How did you feel about this year's E3? Were you as pissed about Nintendo's casual crap as I was?

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Wow, its great to know that you're passion for Marth outweighed your hate for brawl. Internet cookies for you :D

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Nintendo's show sucked, but I'm glad it did because I hate their company politics and how they have pretty much abandoned the people who kept them in the industry during two generations that completely failed.

That's the N64 generation and the Gamecube generation for those that don't know.

Microsoft ***** and Sony did well.

I'm a Sony fanboy BTW.

GOD OF WAR 3 WOOOOOOT!!!!!

And wtf@ nintendo calling their abandonment of hardcore gamers in favor of milking casuals with ****ty games a "paradigm" shift?

YALL NIGG@S SOLD OUT, SO JUST ADMIT IT!!!!!

rofl.

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
E3 was horrible this year >_> There was absolutely nothing appealing in it (Wii music? Come on!). It was all casual crap.

Hmm...that also reminds me of this article I read saying that Sakurai wanted to appeal more to casuals by possibly making the next Zelda casual. Nintendo just wants to rake in money it seems <.<

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone think that in time, hardcore smash players will just....switch back to SSBM to get back to advanced techniques? I've been seeing so many complaints lately that I figure later on down the road Melee will once again become popular.

EDIT: I also heard of the new Zelda game being casual. a lot of Zelda fans are really freakin' out, including myself. I didn't really enjoy Phantom Hourglass, and for games to be more casual...eh.

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo is probably hoping to dominate the casual gamer demographic and recruit more into it. Make games that are fun and easy for the uncompetitive eye, especially little kids. If successful, they'll murder Sony and Microsoft in sales simply because they'll be appealing to little kids, and the fact that there are more people who would rather game lightly/occasionally and for pure fun than competitiveness. To be quite honest, hardcore and competitive gamers are well, a minority, and kind of hard to please. But in that respect, I think Nintendo is going about it completely wrong. You can't boot the FIRST people who will buy your titles out the door, which is what they are essentially doing. And making a game that is competitive AND fun should be quite easy. They had that with melee, there are a strong competitive scene, and among casuallers there were item matches and whatnot. Brawl has the casual thing hands down with a plethora of items and stages and characters. But the casual appeal didn't need any work to begin with. They should have put more work into making brawl more competition friendly, and if they had delayed the game even into this summer or this winter to fine tune the competitive nature of the game (or planned a double release, the casual game first with a competitive mix afterward) they would probably enjoy much more success. This is the same with all of their so called "casual games" many of which are unnecessary. Since nintendo is apparently so lazy to make a competitive, challenging, and good looking game, they should have at least tried to get licensing with third party makers and given the wii true 3rd gen graphics, then they could have gotten games like CoD4 and MSG4 onto the wii, yea maybe that would have made the wii bulkier, but it would have been better if the newest in FPS could be played on the wii. For that matter, the need for an additional $300 to get the PS3 would have gone down, and families would have been secure knowing that there were plenty of kiddy games for the little kids AND games for big brother in 1 system, which would ultimately boost Wii sales even more and give more title options for said wii.

I know you asked EL, but still, the current option list for wii is kind of upsetting for me.

I think the N64 generation did pretty well, considering OoT, Starfox64, the Mario Party games, Smash 64, the PKM Stadium games. In those days, Sony and Nintendo were a little less competitive, since they split the market in terms of genre really. And of course Sony had zero answer for gameboys until the PSP came out well into PS2 Era

PK Hexagon

Smash Apprentice
Thoughts on SCIV? Seriously thinking about dropping Brawl for this game. Sooooooo much fun. Of course, since its a sequel there's some annoying stupid **** about it. Buffering system blows, side-stepping is ineffective, and its still masher friendly, lol. Still. So fun. XD

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Nintendo didn't have to abandon hardcore gamers to do all that.

They are clearly playing favorites which is lame as hell.

Who the hell goes out of their way to make a game non-competitive?

Brawl PUNISHES you for trying to move.

Tripping?

What the ****?!

SCIV has been made more casual friendly as well, but it still appeals to hardcores at a high level. THAT is what Brawl COULD have been.

*sigh

Anyway in terms of character balance I think Namco did really well with SCIV.

When I get a PS3 I will be going pro in SCIV.

And when SF4 comes out...man..you guys are gonna see ALOT less of me most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom