• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Chat with Emblem Lord Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Can't believe I never thought of this before: what kind of music do you listen to EL?

Also, what did ya think of my Marth? I know your critiques are probably similar to what everyone else said, but I'm curious anyways.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I like all music. Although I don't d/l much music at all, I can appreciate pretty much any kind of music.

My faves would have to be Heavy Metal, R&B, J-Rock, and Hybrid Rock ( Hip Hop and Rock combination)

I haven't seen vids of your Marth BTW.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
EL, how would you feel about me picking up Marth for tournament play?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hylian: Why would you go from a superior character (G&W) to an inferior character (Marth)?

I enjoy playing alot of characters.

Wolf, Falco, Lucario, Ike, Snake, Metaknight, Dedede, Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, Pit, ROB and Peach are all characters I play for fun.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian: Why would you go from a superior character (G&W) to an inferior character (Marth)?

I enjoy playing alot of characters.

Wolf, Falco, Lucario, Ike, Snake, Metaknight, Dedede, Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, Pit, ROB and Peach are all characters I play for fun.
I haven't used only G&W in tournament..ever >_>. I play GW, ICs, and Falco all at top level >_>. I recently picked up Diddy. I also use Samus some in tournament.

I'm intrested in Marth because he is really fun and Roy_R keeps doing amazing **** >_>.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
Hylian, I hope you do something cool looking with Marth. Bets looking character when played well and the most fun IMO.

EL, interesting. You use MetaKnight, eh? Are you any good with him? That's pretty darn sweet IMO. I need to watch those vids of your Meta vs Steel.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, I hope you do something cool looking with Marth. Bets looking character when played well and the most fun IMO.

EL, interesting. You use MetaKnight, eh? Are you any good with him? That's pretty darn sweet IMO. I need to watch those vids of your Meta vs Steel.
Oh, while my Marth is only mediocre currently, it is definitly cool looking :).

I try to show people how to move like me when they ask, but I guess it's hard or something >_>.

Albert.

Smash Master
Emblem Lord!
I'm albert thanks for your contributions to my Marth game.

I have a request for help... See, I'm a terrible short-hopper. playing a wavebird controler with tap-jump off and I just can't really do it in real matches.

I was trying a bunch of different configurations with buttons and couldn't find one that helped.

I can do it 90% of the time in practice room and online wait room but when it comes to a match I think I just get so into it and button mash and loose control

not being able to consistently shuffle Fairs is holding me back

sorry for my whine-ing but hey, do you have any advice about how to short hop more effectively?

I think I might just have to rigourusly train myself to just short hop 100% of the time and not let my gaming excitement over-ride my gaming techinque.

OH too EL again, you said you liked R&B in one post. you should check out the John Legend live From Philedelphia album, some real quality stuff :)

Albert.

Smash Master
I have read all of the marth stickies and I've searched the generals about short hoping.

if you know of a relevant thread couldn't you have linked it?

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
^ I don't think he was talking about you.

My advice for SHing: Slide your thumb off the bottom of the X button. Find a friend, and play against them using X for a while. After a couple battles, it just starts to get ingrained into your head.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
SH is really about holding jump for a short amount of time. So if you keep that in mind, you'll realize its not about how hard you press the jump button but how long the button actually stays pressed.

So if you have yet to attain "light" fingers, then you can use sliding as mentioned above, and then you can advance to just simply tapping and releasing quickly. When I first played melee fox I used sliding off the Y button to SH in the beginning but eventually I could just tap it to SH.

Hope it helps

Edit: Also EL how come I never see any vids from your crew, montage (besides you)? I mean you guys are the best in Jersey so it would nice to know what I'm up against when I can't go to your tourneys. Mind posting some?

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Anybody want to give me a quick bio on this Omegaknight? Was he banned or something? And if he was for what reason? What are some character traits?

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Oh lol
tat's too funny.

So if he only did it in the Marth forums he would have survived?
I'm roflmao'ing at that idea.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Would've been funny, he'd be our pet troll.

We'd call him squishy, and he'd be our squishy.... our loud-mouth rude squishy that everyone ignores, but our squishy none the less.

10findingnemoreferencesforthosewhomissedit

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Haha, me and you are alot alike emblem lord. We both main marth and have somewhat simialr playstyles, we are of the same race and have similar intrests in hobbies lol. my only logical explanation is that you were cloned from me :o lol

uremog

Smash Ace
kl;adgjlfhad;glhdjl;ashfh

phew. ok! ready. so i've been getting my *** kicked by mother****ing snakes on the mother****ing plane a whole lot. mostly by f-tilt. all i have is approach to shield the f-tilt. is there anything more reliable or do i just needz moar mindgames? really, i'm mostly asking this cause i got owned by PC. so this could just be called "plz help, PC too good". but then i realized that i have the same problem against other snakes.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
lol, I've seen PC play. You stand no chance.

Nah, I'm kidding.

You need more mindgames. I think a well spaced Shield Breaker outranges ftilt. Countering predictable moves is good too, but probably more than both of those, you should incorperate SHADing.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Where have I been? Uhhh, mostly watching Kamen Rider and playing MegaMan X collection.

lol@Terrabite tournaments. That price is a little steep.

And I'm broke anyway.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Where have I been? Uhhh, mostly watching Kamen Rider and playing MegaMan X collection.

lol@Terrabite tournaments. That price we a little steep.

And I'm broke anyway.
Ironic, I was just about to start playing the Megaman X collection.

And you don't have to play in the tourney if cash is tight, just come and play friendlies!

Melfice z

Smash Ace
ive been a fan of smash since it came out, i didnt know much but i still played.
then melee came out, and i discovered marth.Not to gloat but i was really good with him
but ive ran into a wall :\ i now understand the value of shorthopping but since i use control stick jumping, i will almost have to build back up my marth from stage one. any suggestions? ( i know i have to set jump to a button, but what will make me alternate rather easily?)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Most people thrive on just jumping with X or Y (I use Y myself)

Just practice. You'll be okay.

Also, you also have an advantage having practiced with Tap Jump on, since it allows you to perform UpB out of shield with relative ease.

null55

Smash Master
ive been a fan of smash since it came out, i didnt know much but i still played.
then melee came out, and i discovered marth.Not to gloat but i was really good with him
but ive ran into a wall :\ i now understand the value of shorthopping but since i use control stick jumping, i will almost have to build back up my marth from stage one. any suggestions? ( i know i have to set jump to a button, but what will make me alternate rather easily?)
So, you were really good at Marth in Melee... without ever having to short hop. Revolutionary.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Lol shiro. Short hopping is important but u dont have to analy short hop when ur marth. I only short hop about 60-70% of the time. I only fast fall some of my short hops too. Mixing approaches up is more important than shffling all day.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Lol shiro. Short hopping is important but u dont have to analy short hop when ur marth. I only short hop about 60-70% of the time. I only fast fall some of my short hops too. Mixing approaches up is more important than shffling all day.
shffling is massively important in general. However, there definitely is merit to varying your movesets.

But being good without ever short-hopping is slightly impossible however, except comparatively to people in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom