• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Clash of the Titans 4 Results Thread

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
1. When do Vids will be uploaded ? / Will the Vids be uploaded (I hope so) ?
2. Where are the vids right know ? On Wii (Replay Glitch ?) ? Or what?
3. We have to get know who RIG really is xD

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
1: Mew2King - Good **** I guess, blah blah blah, you've heard it all before.
2: Ally - Best Snake period. Awesome teams set, we only won because our characters had the matchup advantage. I'd love to play you 1v1 sometime.
5: NinjaLink - 5th? Good **** NL! Did you go all Diddy?
5: Lee - Fun friendlies, it was like playing Azen's Lucario, but different. Say hi to Sudai for me!
7: ChuDat - Good **** on 7th, the competition was fierce.
13: OmegaBlackMage - Wish I had gotten to play your G&W.
17: Azen - What happened D: Don't sandbag so much!
17: Reflex - Wish I had gotten to play you.
17: AndyG - Awesome job ****** me in pools. Best EC Olimar?
25: Boss - I got to see some of your team matches, you were kicking ***. Shoryuken!
25: Seibrik - Argh I should have won that MM! I hate ROB's side-B so much. I got you back in teams though ;) Oh did you have a blue zip-up hoody? I found one in my truck.
25: Greg - I saw your set vs Santi, goooood ****!
25: Lukky - 25th? Niiice, I see you haven't gotten too rusty.
25: Shadow - Blarg I hate MK -_- Good **** in teams.
33: Candy - Why didn't you beat DM and Shadow? :ohwell:
33: Turbogilman - Wow 33rd good ****!
33: Xzax - Where'd your hair go?
33: Holy Nightmare - I need to play you sometime. I heard G-Reg beat you with Fox. Fox is a ***** eh?
33: Fatal - Wish I had gotten to play you.
33: Inui - Thanks for the housing.
33: Kornn - Good **** in teams with Boss!
33: Meep - ICs too good?
33: Eli - Good **** in friendlies, you were really good.
49: Blackanese - Apparently you're the guy I was supposed to play next, sorry I left early.
49: King Ace - You're bracket was effed up, eh? Mine was too, I got 3rd seed in my pool but didn't get placed in the bracket. I had to go complain to Chibo personally. This happened to a lot of people.
49: Orion -
i went snake in teams.
If only :laugh: If you had used Snake against us I guarantee we would've won :p **** MK.
49: dmbrandon - Good **** ****** us in teams. Not much our team could do about double MK. You guys were MUCH tougher than Ally and Seibrik :laugh: Awesome set with thumbs, you're a funny dude.
49: Pyronic~Star - Step it up!
65: ChiboSempai - Fun ROB dittos, I need to step it up. But IMO you had no business entering the tourney yourself after committing to run such a major tourney. I hope you're OK, there's no excuse for physical violence or rioting, but I was very disappointed at how unprepared you were for the turnout. I really doubt that it would have gone much better if only 200 had shown up. I still respect you as a player but I don't think you should attempt to hold a tournament of this caliber again.
65: Keitaro - My man! Our team was sheer **** on Saturday! I feel like I let you down on Sunday (sorry, MK is my achilles heel :ohwell:) but we still had a good run and I don't think people are gonna forget what we accomplished (that **** spread like wildfire!). If you ever wanna team again let me know, hopefully I'll have an answer to MK by then :)
65: Kai - Awesome Sonic, good teams matches!
65: Will - Good **** beasting me in pools, MK is too good.
65: JCaesar - I left before I finished my matches, but still, step it up!
65: C4 - Nice, weird Falco!
65: Hylian - Wish I had gotten to play your G&W.
65: Pierce7d - Fun teams friendlies on Friday night.
65: SSR - Good ****, most underrated Peach ever. SSR > NikoK, Dark.Pch, and Hova? Maybe so. None of them made it out of pools :laugh:
65: thumbswayup - Good **** 1st seed in teams, MD, yeah! Awesome set vs DM.
Zaf - Nice MK, we really were playing to get out of pools.
EE - Never bet against MD/VA son :p

Hope I didn't forget anyone. Too many people there to remember.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Man I got to meet so many cool people at this tournament. In no particular order shoutout for matches with Ally, AndyG and Biglou, AZ and Quivo, Meep, Ultimo, Eli, Vex, Panda, Boss and Deez, CK and Hova, PS and your partner, Dazwa and... I honestly don't know if you were teaming with OBM in friendlies or whoever because I didn't ask :( sorry. Anyway carrying on, Anther (the **** you did in doubles pools was bull**** though and as a result your state is now known as *****igan) and as for people I've talked to before, Inui Hax (see what I said to anther) and waltz/blue.

All in all, despite Ozzy Chibopot (dude's shaped like the penguin, sue me) pretty much shooting himself in the foot repeatedly over the weekend and the rest of us acting like the world was owed to us, the weekend was otherwise enjoyable. Anyone who didnt bother doing the bowser challenge missed out on a lot of funny ****. Also a shoutout to Turbogilman because for someone I didn't even play or meet before, you were an incredibly cool guy.

Obvious shoutouts to my crew members, Pierce making that Marth look sexy on live stream but getting charizard buttstomped by reflex, Umbra and R00kie kicking *****es in the face despite getting DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICKED out of doubles, RJ for stepping it up even moreso... Munk, I honestly didn't see you very much over the weekend, which is just weird. BSC, we did well, I'm sorry I couldnt hold it down when it came down to last stock or otherwise cost us close games against characters we had no business beating anyway.

Ike was a letdown this weekend but it wasnt the character as much as it was my inability to get out of patterns sometimes. Even with all that work though, Random Ike Guy took center stage with my char >:|

NL, Neo, Hat, DK, DJ, DM, Alex, Black, Rookie, Malcolm, You guys are still some of the most fun people to talk to at any event, hands down.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Upon thinking about things a bit more, how does everyone feel about this type of rule:

"You may not grab the edge more than (insert number of times that is obviously unnatural) in a match. If your edge grab statistic (which can be checked upon the completion of a game in the match statistics screen) is above (insert number) then you receive an auto-matic loss for that game. "

Solves an *** TON of what people are complaining about. Only problem is if both players are over 70 - but I doubt such a situation would ever occur (at least not unintentionally).

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
waaaaay too good.

I'll leave if you refund my venue fee. I don't want to miss out on some of the best matches to ever be played.
Do you even need to pay the venue fee to watch said matches? Can't you just walk in the place without paying anything and watch?

That said, it sounds like this tournament was best followed at home :]

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
A venue fee is generally applied to all attendees regardless of spectating or not but no one was really paying much attention to it on day 2 so it wouldnt matter.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I'm not doing any shoutz, cause I refuse to shout 150 people. That's how many people we're awesome in my vicinity this weekend, and I just couldn't.

I love almost all of you.

As for our conversation, Chibo, would you like me to list the witnesses that will happily attest to that, word for word? Cause I have tons of them. ON another note, you're a mockery to your crew. You have given so many people bad reps. People like .com and his amazing pipes. Vex, Xzax, Andyg.

I do want to say Lee, Reflex, Holy, King Ace, Santi, and Hylian all must return to the next event, since WE NEVER GOT TO PLAY!!!! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Teams doesn't count, either.

I'm sickly depressed at my placing. But, no johns.

I'm going to have more tricks next time. I've already found some new things, and I'm going to blow your **** minds.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I think it's more than obvious at this point that any TO that has Norfair legal from now on is suffering severe brain damage and should be pitied.
Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Counter/Banned
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
So is this horribly outdated and in need of a rework? >_>

I don't see anything wrong with Norfair, unless it's stalling we're talking about. I think AlphaZealot's post has potential.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
AN is known for the most conservative stage lists with only really rainbow cruise being considered to heavily favor any type of character (*COUGH*), chibo pretty much ignored his states immediately to the north and the states closest to him to the south and went "eh i want my friends to get the ones they want".

dmbrandon

Smash Master
edit - and wow guys, you want your money back?

I worked hard to get far and earn the money I'm making, so you expect after getting that far you all want to take more money from me. I've already had thousands cheated out of me, I deserve every bit that I make. No one is getting money back, I finally made a lot (2300) far more than any other tourney I've been to, and I'm keeping it because I deserved it. I'm sorry you didn't get to see the matches as they were happening but that's not in my control. Getting money back? No way..
M2K, we meant the venue fee, not the pot money. Come on, man.

rerolling another character for tourney. I hate being gayed by metaknight. I'm glad I made it out of pools with DK, but for next time...

UltimoDragon, no, Africa...is coming for the top. So watch out fellas. Grats to everyone who participated.
lulz. rerolls. Good **** man, I hope to keep seeing you

You already lost that bet son. <3
Supeknights use all the moves. You couldn't even SPELL downB. >_>

waaaaay too good.

Do you even need to pay the venue fee to watch said matches? Can't you just walk in the place without paying anything and watch?

That said, it sounds like this tournament was best followed at home :]
And Chibo charged people's girlfriends the venue fee, the cockslap he is.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I worked hard to get far and earn the money I'm making, so you expect after getting that far you all want to take more money from me. I've already had thousands cheated out of me
We've heard it a million times, shut up.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
So is this horribly outdated and in need of a rework? >_>

I don't see anything wrong with Norfair, unless it's stalling we're talking about. I think AlphaZealot's post has potential.
Regardless of AZ's suggestion, Norfair still encourages running away for the duration of the match and HEAVILY favors certain characters over others. You don't even have to grab the ledge that many times. Jesus, you could pick Pit and fly away spamming arrows the whole time. And just imagine trying to catch up to a MK who just flys away for 7 minutes.

Anther

Smash Champion
Man I got to meet so many cool people at this tournament. In no particular order shoutout for matches with Ally, AndyG and Biglou, AZ and Quivo, Meep, Ultimo, Eli, Vex, Panda, Boss and Deez, CK and Hova, PS and your partner, Dazwa and... I honestly don't know if you were teaming with OBM in friendlies or whoever because I didn't ask :( sorry. Anyway carrying on, Anther (the **** you did in doubles pools was bull**** though and as a result your state is now known as *****igan) and as for people I've talked to before, Inui Hax (see what I said to anther) and waltz/blue.
***** I didn't sandbag in those matches against hax/jman. Lain ran the idea but it was mostly a bunch of him suiciding too much on FD and us not being able to kill snake. So screw you for listening to other people and calling us names before even listening to anyone. Believe whatcha heard though.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
so much drama for no reason

all we need is more set ups next time

next time everyone bring a bunch of set ups!!!!

edit - and wow guys, you want your money back?

I worked hard to get far and earn the money I'm making, so you expect after getting that far you all want to take more money from me. I've already had thousands cheated out of me, I deserve every bit that I make. No one is getting money back, I finally made a lot (2300) far more than any other tourney I've been to, and I'm keeping it because I deserved it. I'm sorry you didn't get to see the matches as they were happening but that's not in my control. Getting money back? No way.

Also DK smash is one of the coolest and funniest guys I've ever met, but if Chibo's right about him starting the chant then that's pretty gay :(

Another thing I would like to add is for future reference, the more people that help out with pools and brackets the better. Even though you don't like Inui, I think you should let him help you next time if he offers it.
I don't think they wanted your money back they wanted the venue fee back. Why do you always say your cheated out of money though lol? the only case I can remember is that one 5000$ tourney where I heard you didn't get that money.

I've seen you win something like 1700 before too though thats not much less. (well it is a good bit less but still a lot)

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Trust me, there's a low chance I'll make it out of pools regardless of what you'd do.

Anther said:
Lain ran the idea but it was mostly a bunch of him suiciding too much on FD and us not being able to kill snake
So lain ran the idea through then went through with it anyway despite what you did. The only reason I didn't call him out is because I didn't interact with him the whole time I was there and considering your own friend Vayseth was the one who said you 2 threw the matches, I'd watch what the people closest to me are spreading. **** me for believing someone who honestly would have the easiest chance to get the word straight from the people who did it? Right. Either someone wanted to save face for you and as a result made you look like a d!ck burrito supreme or what happened actually happened and you added guac-A-hole

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
And Chibo charged people's girlfriends the venue fee, the cockslap he is.
This is madness.

Smashers with girlfriends?

Buuut after seeing all this flaming going on, I'm never going to know what really happened since I wasn't there. We have people vouching for and against Chibo, both with convincing arguments.

Shoutouts:

Panda, you're the man.

Anther: wtfhax don't get screwed and place higher next time >=(

Chudat: you're not allowed to beat Anther unless you come in top 3 :p

Rykoshet: hai

DMBrandon: I saw you lose $30 in about 20 minutes in moneymatches...did you make any of that back >_>

dmbrandon

Smash Master
DMBrandon: I saw you lose $30 in about 20 minutes in moneymatches...did you make any of that back >_>
lolz, yeah. I went home about 45 positive. I lost about 40 worth, so I made over 80.

The dojo set was just bad. I feel like **** for the set I gave infinity. We had a good rivalry going and I failed to produce since dojo beat me into depression. Normally, I would have done better. ugh.

I did better against Ally, though.

I took serious dollars off of a lot of people.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
read my myspace, there's tons of instances where people stole my money or I should have had a lot more than I did

www.myspace.com/mew2king
Like I said, I know, and I've seen it a million times. Trust me, no one was trying to take your pot money away from you, so having you and whoever else decides to commiserate talking about how life is so unfair is boring as fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-----.

When you go to a competitive event, regardless of what the hell part you play in it, you're paying a venue fee to spectate. Not to use electricity or what the **** ever, considering people who never even touch a controller have to pay the same fee. Not being allowed to spectate means the fee is superfluous and the people demanding their money back for not being able to view something they paid to view (don't give me the 'you pay to play' response because there's a reason a separate fee exists to play) were in the right.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
RIG's name on this board and at the event was Fuggles. His avatar is default ike grabbing someone, just look him up and get that william hung worship **** out of here.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Upon thinking about things a bit more, how does everyone feel about this type of rule:

"You may not grab the edge more than (insert number of times that is obviously unnatural) in a match. If your edge grab statistic (which can be checked upon the completion of a game in the match statistics screen) is above (insert number) then you receive an auto-matic loss for that game. "

Solves an *** TON of what people are complaining about. Only problem is if both players are over 70 - but I doubt such a situation would ever occur (at least not unintentionally).
Wow, this is brilliant. Every other way of regulating ledge stalling has obvious flaws.... while I'm having trouble finding any with this method. Good stuff.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Candy - nice work in teams. we should've placed higer tho. AND what do you mean surprised we beat "insert names" in teams??? You should always have faith that you can win :)

DMBrandon - you and shadow are pretty good in teams it was fun playing you guys. Sorry we couldn't play some singles. I wanted to tho

Azen - Your Aura sphere is broken :laugh:

Famous - I couldn't stop laughing about when we got pulled over. tooo funny :cry:

Lee Martin - Nice job in teams our sets were close

M2k - Same as Lee Martin. Also the singles situation was gay but thanks anyway tho. Also me and you need to play ALOT of friendlies next time I see you.

Drk. Peach - You've gotten alot better at the Peach v. Marth match-up. Nice games. Good to see you again too. Btw I don't know who Famous picked in teams But he should've went DDD the whole time.

Kornnnnn - lol trying to take my catapillar jk. Still no friendlies :(

NEO - how's my diddy :laugh: jk. Good to see you again. We def. didn't play as much as we usually do :(

Steel, ZMT, Punishment divine, pierce, - Sorry I couldn't play you guys as much as I wanted to.

Ally - Gg's in our MM. I'll get you next time :p

soooooo many other ppl...

sorry if I forgot anyone.

Hope to see you all at "Brawl Till you Fall"

I'll be alot better when that comes around :)

WHEN WILL THE VIDS TO THE LIVESTREAM BE UP?!?!?!

also when will the COT4 vid be available?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Man, this tournament sounds like it blew chunks... especially after the fact that Reggie (Chester01) and so many others got ****ed over hardcore; just read his blog post in the user blogs forum and you'll understand. Too many people got ****ed over by poor tournament management and the lack of proper pools/bracket seeding.

I'm with the people who are angry, you failed hardcore Chibo. To be honest, I was with you 100% after your apology post but now that I have both sides of the story, none of your bull**** excuses will be enough to save you the humiliation and blame that you deserve.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
lol I told Marth could be aggressive in teams jk

But we should def. play more next time we meet, your a pretty cool dude
Pretty cool? God I hate you Kadaj. XD

SEE WHAT i DID THERE?!!?!?!??!?!?! LULZ.

Seriously, you showed me, man. I mean, Candy did all the work, but you showed me! (jkjkjk) I def wanna play you tons next time. I'll show you Marth has to camp against the Superknight.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i hate that rule, what if i want to spam ledge hop aerials to edge guard

i think the judge rule is a lot easier, as it scares people away from doing it, instead of being scared of a technicality
But we have just had a tournament in which many people have pointed out the judge rule was useless and not well enforced.

And if you spam air attacks from the edge to edge guard I highly doubt you would get over 70 edge grabs. Come on M2K, you eliminate most opponent probably before grabbing the edge 20 times.

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
read my myspace, there's tons of instances where people stole my money or I should have had a lot more than I did

www.myspace.com/mew2king
fyi, the only money you deserve is when you won and didnt get the promised payout.
Anytime you lost and for any reason, you dont deserve the money at all. A loss is a loss.
Thats like Allly saying, man i had a bad day it must have been bad luck, i deserve that 1st place money... lol?
*shoutouts later*

I should have placed either 2nd/3rd/or 4th in this tourney.
I was playing ally and we were 1 and 1. On the third game, some guy trips on the power cord while Ally has a lead, so it has to be restarted with the exact stocks and percents which GREATLY affects my aura. My fair and nair are too strong to do actual combos with and it ends up being a disaster. I can't play Lucario like that effectively, but it was very disappointing. When i fought Spam in the next game I had the lead the whole entire match and then just sd'ed out of literally just being sick of the game. I didn't even want to play a non top tier character anymore so i switched to snake which was of course not a good decision but i was just tired of getting screwed over with Lucario. I'm pretty certain i would have won vs Spam if i stayed Lucario, but after the Tournament getting all screwed up and my stupid set with Ally I just didn't want to play the game anymore. Sorry, it was just a lot of bull.
Do u honestly think anyone cares?
you lost... man up. Accept your placing and your decisions.

hmm could this actually work??

Eazy23

Smash Lord
How about my pools singles experience?

My pool had:
Eazy-marth main
Alphazealot
Snakee
Steel2nd-marth main
Taj-marth main
?-never showed
?-never showed
?-never showed

We start pools at like f*cking 11 at night. Knowing that me and Keitaro still have the job of getting everyone back to my house, and being very very tired from having almost no sleep the night before, If I would have known singles pools could be done the next day...I would have gladly opted for this.
"Hat, I've decided you clearly had the worst pool at the tourny"
I play snakee and lose 2-0.
I play Alpha and lose 2-1.
I play steel. I go falco r1, a match Im winning. I sd 2nd stock and get 0-deathd my last stock. I MAIN marth, I obviously know falco can get 0-deathd. My state of mind was so out of it that I actually allowed it to happen to myself. I then sd last stock r2 vs steel. 2 sd's and a 0-death that would not happen if we played 100000 times again...sucks.

As we know crap happens in tourny right? Steel had gotten 2-0'd by snakee and alpha as well. So all I needed to do 2 get into pools was to beat everyone else, and have steel lose to possibly one out of 3 more people. I then find out that pools are being done on sunday..WTF!.

We come back to the venue to finish pools, only to find out that 3 people from the pool are being dq'd becaause they werent there. These 3 people were never there around the pool setup on saturday, and never showed on sunday. WHO WERE THESE PEOPLE!!!!! My pool was 3 marths, snakee and alpha zealot!
Steel wins 2-1 vs the other marth and I win 2-0. He was good. His matches with snakeee were VERY VERY close. My pool had 3 very good marth's in it, I just find this very odd.

With 3 people missing from the pool I had 0 chances for steel to lose to one of them and for me to make it out. What makes it worse is that anyone who played me at all on sunday, even steel himself, can vouch for the fact that I was playing 10 times better than I was late at night on saturday.

I'm glad steel made it out, as he is a good friend and someone I enjoy talking to alot. But I am a bit bitter at the way I lost, the time we played, and how much better we both know I could have played.

But seriously wtf? Why was my pool filled with talent? Then with 3 people who didnt show? Still weird that Steel would be put in my pool anyway. He was THROWN into my pool and someone else's name was crossed off. Was that person a no show also? If so thats 4 people from my pool who didnt show... nice. It was very fun playing AZ, althought I wish it would have been the next day. Really stinks that I could have gotten to play like 6-7 people I've never ever played, but instead was put up against snakee and steel, people I play. And only 2 people I've never played..My pool sucked.:(

dmbrandon

Smash Master
fyi, the only money you deserve is when you won and didnt get the promised payout.
Anytime you lost and for any reason, you dont deserve the money at all. A loss is a loss.
Thats like Allly saying, man i had a bad day it must have been bad luck, i deserve that 1st place money... lol?

Do u honestly think anyone cares?
you lost... man up. Accept your placing and your decisions.

hmm could this actually work??
Who the **** is this nobody?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I actually like AZ's idea a lot. I could peanut gun spam a ledge camping MK, which forces him to constantly regrab the ledge if he doesnt want to get hit. I could have him hit 70 ledge grabs in about a minute lol

Top Bottom