• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Claus (The Masked Man) for SSBB thread, Mother 3 Spoilers

T-major

Smash Champion
maybe using some type of telepathy, they are psychics, in Mother 1, Ninten and Ana had telepathy
that could work; but thats How Mewtwo talks, too. so either way we would still need a voice.

I think distorted sounding voice would be good, but not overly distorted. maybe just a slight reverb. if he talks with telepathy, though, then he should sound normal.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
next to the Codec beep, thats thats my fantasy ringtone. :D

and yeah, Masked Man doesn't talk during the game, but that doesn't mean he can't talk. he's the leader of the Pig Mask army right? that means he must have some sort of way of speaking if he plans on giving them orders. further proof is the fact that Bubbleman said you can find his Cellphone. now, why would he have a cellphone if he couldn't talk? it makes perfect sense that he could have a voice in Brawl.
Maybe they text.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
I'm gonna answer some questions here now.

About the celphone:
Claus indeed had a celphone, check Chapter 7. At the beggining, Claus is shown along a group of Pig Masks entering Osohe Castle, there's the first needle, which Claus pulls out and flies away (the flying part wasn't show). When Lucas and Aolia (or was it Ionia? It was one of the Magypsy.) get there, they find the hole where the needle was and the celphone. When Lucas gets the celphone, a Pigmask calls the celphone, confuses Claus with Lucas and tells him where the next needle is.

About talking:
Claus never talks during the course of the game, EXCEPT at the end, when he removes his helmet and gets his conciousness back. Other than that, the Masked Man isn't heard. Back on the last example, would Claus have a voice similar to Lucas'? There was another case in which Lucas was confused for Claus, back in Chapter 5.

About the other(old) thread:
I started it back on 2006, I last updated it the day that Lucas was shown in Brawl, after that, I didn't have much time to update it. Neverthless, Vesperview found the important info about Claus and posted it in a new thread. Please visit it.

Re-post, The ringtone:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gble7a

It's the same in-game ringtone that Yokuba and Claus's celphone had in the game. I'm not part of the Pig Army here on SWF, but I'll enlist here from this post. Be sure to get that ringtone on your real celphones, lol.

About talking:
There were various characters who never had voices back on Smash, or barely talked at all. Look at Mewtwo and Game&Watch, Mewtwo could just use telepathy and he never talked in any of the past games, and GW can only "beep". Giving Claus a voice shouldn't be so hard at all. Another character who can fall on the same category is Samus.. We never heard her on any game before Metroid Prime.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I'm gonna answer some questions here now.

About the celphone:
Claus indeed had a celphone, check Chapter 7. At the beggining, Claus is shown along a group of Pig Masks entering Osohe Castle, there's the first needle, which Claus pulls out and flies away (the flying part wasn't show). When Lucas and Aolia (or was it Ionia? It was one of the Magypsy.) get there, they find the hole where the needle was and the celphone. When Lucas gets the celphone, a Pigmask calls the celphone, confuses Claus with Lucas and tells him where the next needle is.

About talking:
Claus never talks during the course of the game, EXCEPT at the end, when he removes his helmet and gets his conciousness back. Other than that, the Masked Man isn't heard. Back on the last example, would Claus have a voice similar to Lucas'? There was another case in which Lucas was confused for Claus, back in Chapter 5.

About the other(old) thread:
I started it back on 2006, I last updated it the day that Lucas was shown in Brawl, after that, I didn't have much time to update it. Neverthless, Vesperview found the important info about Claus and posted it in a new thread. Please visit it.

Re-post, The ringtone:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gble7a

It's the same in-game ringtone that Yokuba and Claus's celphone had in the game. I'm not part of the Pig Army here on SWF, but I'll enlist here from this post. Be sure to get that ringtone on your real celphones, lol.

About talking:
There were various characters who never had voices back on Smash, or barely talked at all. Look at Mewtwo and Game&Watch, Mewtwo could just use telepathy and he never talked in any of the past games, and GW can only "beep". Giving Claus a voice shouldn't be so hard at all. Another character who can fall on the same category is Samus.. We never heard her on any game before Metroid Prime.
I'm putting that ringtone on my cellphone lol.

T-major

Smash Champion
sre 17/m/LA
omg!!1 we shod meet! lulz!! ;)

and as for he talking part. since Lucas has been mistaken for him a few times, they probably sound similar. Claus could easily have the same voice actor as Lucas; they (the voice actor) would just need to change his/her tone a bit to suit. that, or add some robo-reverb to his voice.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well the whole waiting for Lucas Moves Thing was so long, that I'm not sure what might happen in terms of Mother related stuff.
For some strange reason, I'm seeing a MOTHER update real soon.

T-major

Smash Champion
For some strange reason, I'm seeing a MOTHER update real soon.
I think some Music would be sweet. MOTHER has some awesome music! :D if we got the Pig Mask theme, then Claus' chances would get a sexy boost... I'm expecting a character profile this week. I need my Captain Falcon! D:

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
So? I was just observing. I feel Ness has a fighting chance. I mean, there's those fanboise hatemailing Sakurai right this second. Claus fights on the boss side. Somehow, I have a feeling Ness will get in.
Bad observation. It was so trolly it was unbelievable.

Claus, at this moment in time, has a much higher chance than Ness.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
I'm not ****ing trolling, ok? All I'm saying is that Ness has a fighting chance, and that Claus has a great chance if Ness is out once and for all.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Hold on hold on hold on hold on...

Now, I want Claus in over Ness just like any other Claus supporter, but can someone tell me why Ness CAN'T return with a new moveset? It may not be likely, but it sure as hell isn't impossible.

Top Bottom