• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Dark Samus for Brawl thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vali

Smash Ace
Each would play very differently. Besides for the metroid series there's Dark Samus (who isn't Samus) and Ridley left of the main characters that aren't already in. So yeah, it's not really a stretch.

how about Dark Aether as DS's stage?

Exposure to the atmosphere would steadily cause all characters to take damage, causing players to take cover in the liight bubbles. You could also have some Ing as stage hazzards.

Thoughts?
Gee Wiseguy, that sure is a neat idea. It'd suck for anyone to miss it. :grin:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah not bad actually, it would be unfair if dark samus wouldnt take damage, people will start complaining and stuff, still I like it, even though I hate dark aether... soo... much

The Bino

Smash Lord
Yea i would have to agree that it would be a good idea for the damage, but what if they had the Light Suit on? Would that 1 Samus not receive damage as well since they might have the Light Suit on, if it's added.. something to think about

Also i like that idea of using the Impact Crater from Metroid Prime 1, and it could have levels in it just like in the Final Battle in MP1, and the stage can move just like in Mute City in Melee, and probably Mario Circuit, MetaKnight's Stage, and Delfino Plaza to give some examples

Vali

Smash Ace
Yeah, maybe DS not taking damage would be unfair...

*I'm sure I understand Vali. Did you mean that I should take out the quote brackets? If so, done.*
Would just make it the most awesome counter-pick stage for DS, thus being banned ;p

*I meant the pictures, so it didn't look like you were spamming your own idea*

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Would just make it the most awesome counter-pick stage for DS, thus being banned ;p

*I meant the pictures, so it didn't look like you were spamming your own idea*
*Okay done. Good thing these asterixes make it impossible for others to read our text.*

So, to respond to The Bingo I don't think that the light suit thing is an issue. It would just be Smaus with a white alternate costume, like in your sig. No reason to get technical.

As for a Prime 1 stage, how about the artifact temple?

As shown here, the Chozo statues could occasionally spring to life and zap players if they aren't careful.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Wiseguy - What i was getting at was that since you said that Dark Samus wouldn't take any damage cuz Dark Samus doesn't need the Light Crystals like Samus does in MP2, but since you said that she would be unharmed while everyone else is harmed lil by lil if they don't take cover in the Light Crystals area, i was just pointing out that Samus was capable of not being hurt at all cuz of the Light Suit, and that it then wouldn't becom fair for anyone cuz then 2 chars wouldn't be harmed... 1 cuz Dark Samus wasn't harmed at all... and 2 Samus' Light Suit emitted Light Energy from her Suit anyway, so what im technically getting at is that if they put Samus' Light Suit as a costume and you picked it and there was another Samus, ppl would then complain if that stage came up that they would constantly be getting damage cuz they couldn't pick the Light Suit

Kinda retarted to explain all of that, but that's what i was thinking when you had said what you had said

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah the metroid stages were awful, especially brinstar depths, for 64 brinstar was ok, but we could have gotten something better in melee

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wiseguy - What i was getting at was that since you said that Dark Samus wouldn't take any damage cuz Dark Samus doesn't need the Light Crystals like Samus does in MP2, but since you said that she would be unharmed while everyone else is harmed lil by lil if they don't take cover in the Light Crystals area, i was just pointing out that Samus was capable of not being hurt at all cuz of the Light Suit, and that it then wouldn't becom fair for anyone cuz then 2 chars wouldn't be harmed... 1 cuz Dark Samus wasn't harmed at all... and 2 Samus' Light Suit emitted Light Energy from her Suit anyway, so what im technically getting at is that if they put Samus' Light Suit as a costume and you picked it and there was another Samus, ppl would then complain if that stage came up that they would constantly be getting damage cuz they couldn't pick the Light Suit

Kinda retarted to explain all of that, but that's what i was thinking when you had said what you had said
Yeah, in retrospect I see now that my "DS doesn't get damaged" idea was pretty stupid. The Smash team should just ignore that aspect of the Dark Aether atmosphere and just make all characters take damage equally, in my view.

Sorry for the confusion...

Yeah the metroid stages were awful, especially brinstar depths, for 64 brinstar was ok, but we could have gotten something better in melee
True, very true. Fortunately, there is plenty to draw on since they now have two Prime games (three if you count Hunters) to draw ideas from. Who knows? maybe we'll see a map Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Mysteryfox1

Smash Ace
The Netherlands, Noord-Brabant, Aarle Rixtel
or dark samus is taking damage in the light areas or maby the stage is swapping trough dark and light eather that the bad guys take damage in light aether (bowser mewto ganondorf enz.) and there are there dark crystals and in dark eather the good guys get damage or just random can also be a possibiltie

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
or dark samus is taking damage in the light areas or maby the stage is swapping trough dark and light eather that the bad guys take damage in light aether (bowser mewto ganondorf enz.) and there are there dark crystals and in dark eather the good guys get damage or just random can also be a possibiltie
That's actually a pretty good idea. Switiching between light and dark Aether would make for a very compelling map.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
All I know is...for once, i'd like them to put in a Metroid stage that I DIDN'T hate...

Oh, and agreed with the DS as a separate character thing (one of the few actual enemies of Samus besides Ridley and Kraid), but I think she's pretty far down the list of characters to put in...

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
They should of replaced Zero Suit Samus with Dark Samus I think. I don't know how its gonna work out though is Samus (ex: like Zelda) be able to turn into Zero Suit or something. Cause Sakurai said that thing about Samus's body armor comes off occasionally right? Maybe Dark Samus would be a costume style.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yep, I would KILL for the phazon suit, and maybe the suits in MP3 can get in two... Dark samus should have the Plain dark samus look, skeletal oook and the MP3 look...

Also heres hoping samus's grapple beam is on the left side XD

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
I know i think samus should have a baby samus final smash move. Where baby samus comes and gives her mommy a boost in energy to launch samus beam cannnon.

Meta77

Smash Apprentice
come on why does everyone hate poor little Baby samus. I mean come on its samus baby.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Yep, I would KILL for the phazon suit, and maybe the suits in MP3 can get in two... Dark samus should have the Plain dark samus look, skeletal oook and the MP3 look...

Also heres hoping samus's grapple beam is on the left side XD
kill for the phazon suit? geeze, i wonder what you'd do for the light suit......

honestly, the light suit is by far samus' best ever suit. so sleek and organic looking (without actualy BEING organic, im looking in your direction fusion suit!) nah, the fusion suit is also cool. arm spikes ftw!

The Bino

Smash Lord
I personally like the Phazon suit the best, it looks the hottest imo, but then the Light Suit, and i think the Dark Suit is mainly the Varia Suit with a different color

And yea the Fusion suit wouldn't be a bad costume either

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
I would like to see dark samus in ssbb. I think all of samus' upgrade type suits and her origional without the big shoulders should all be costume selections. I have a hunch that the huge beam samus fired off in the ssbb movie is her final smash.

Maybe samus' suit comes off when she has taken too much damage, and is repaired with time.

Gindor

Smash Ace
I would like to see dark samus in ssbb. I think all of samus' upgrade type suits and her origional without the big shoulders should all be costume selections. I have a hunch that the huge beam samus fired off in the ssbb movie is her final smash.

Maybe samus' suit comes off when she has taken too much damage, and is repaired with time.
No, technically they are but that rant was mainly about samus' costumes being her suits, not including dark samus as a costume. I would hate to see that.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Giga: DARK SAMUS AINT SAMUS

Its like saying jiggly should be an alt. costume for kirby, zelda should be an alt. costume for peach, when u say dark samus should be an alt. costume for samus...

Just because it says samus doesnt mean theyre similair or are the same, physically they look alike but play MP2, dark samus has abilities samus may never have...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^^^ yea.. I know that, but they just seem to similar in appearance that is all that i'm saying and i agree with you that dark could have some special moves but i'm comparing like Mario, Dr.Mario

Stryks

Smash Hero
True, but dark samus should really be added as a newcomer in brawl, she fights totally diferent from samus, and would be a totally original character...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I guess I could see it happening since samus might have a transformation anyway then i would probably choose Dark Samus instead if it indeed she has an original moveset

Gindor

Smash Ace
Look, I don't mean they are the same for that, I just was basing that because dark samus is basically an empty shell with the urge for destruction, the shell being samus' suit which has become almost her trademark and almost become her. I'm sorry if I described that wrong.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
i think there are far more deserving characters (cough ridley cough cough) and i think it would be a shame to see DS take the place of some who is far more individual. having said that, i think DS is a way cool character and i really enjoyed pasting her in MP2. so, if the only way for her to get in is as a costume for samus (maybe skin all her attacks too to look like phazon...phazon missiles and charge beam ftw) then im all for DS as a samus costume.

Gindor

Smash Ace
i think there are far more deserving characters (cough ridley cough cough) and i think it would be a shame to see DS take the place of some who is far more individual. having said that, i think DS is a way cool character and i really enjoyed pasting her in MP2. so, if the only way for her to get in is as a costume for samus (maybe skin all her attacks too to look like phazon...phazon missiles and charge beam ftw) then im all for DS as a samus costume.
If that is the way it must be, I would take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom