• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Fox discussion thread -> We support Fox's new design! (Or just me)

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Chubby? On the contrary, I thought he looked thinner. Perhaps your eye fools you because of Fox's jacket?

Fox really isn't all that big of a guy: he's only 5'8" tall, and possesses a very thin build...I think this model reflects that accurately.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I'm not sure what to say about Fox, except that I hate his shoes.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Fox's looks like those cone head aliens from that one movie. What's it called again? Coneheads? Or ridiculously ******** face people? Either way, it still describes Fox.

Why is everyone complaining?I think that he looks very awsome!!

And to those who want the assault look,yeah,i would love for to be more than 6 feet tall wearing a green and red suit with a tacky silver sleevless jacket.Oh and don't forget to mention the ugly read boots,with NO HEAD SET!!!!!!! Let's also not forget that the design from assault is NAMCO's and has no association with Fox's SNES or N64 look,atleast this one does.

And why does everyone want him to look ultra realistic? He is a freaking humanoid Fox?? Why would you want something like that to look life like when it doesn't even exist??

Adventures look really wasn't that great,it didn't feel original...it felt so......neanderthal...like a cave man.Let's try to be greatful that he didn't recieve the assault look,considering that isn't really what Fox should be like.

And i actally liked the command look.His head looks alittle big,but in a good sense.Please stop being so negative people.Consider the fact that in melee he looked way to close to a dog(Even though in the same family)rather than a fox.I can't see what's wrong with him looking cartoonish.Mario looks cartoonish,and that's how it should stay,because i know if you seen anyone walking down the street who actually looked like that,you would probably iether cry,pray,or call a medic.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
While I wasn't too keen on his look at first, I'm quite fond of it now. The only thing that really buggecd me though was his face, but that's probably because it looks so dfferent from his realistic look from Melee. I actually kind of like his mega boots to be honest.

And lets face it, it could've been so much worse. They could've based it on the assault look.

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Fox does heavily resemble his SFC model, IMO.

Whatever, I don't care much about looks. As long as they don't make him suck, I'm happy. :)

Khanczar

Smash Ace
I think he looks more like James. Although it is obviously a combination of games, he looks like daddy to me...

StevenM

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. Can't say I approve of the Command-esque look... it's a bit simplistic, flat, plasticky for me, but there you go.

Judging from his 'surprise' appearance in the trailer, he probably won't be nerfed for Brawl. It'll be interesting to see if he - or his stage(s) - gains anything new from the GCN games or even from Command DS somehow.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
He better be going "WAAAHHH TAAAHHHH" with every attack cause of that stance...

Looks good though, I'm excited. I like the fact that his pistol's out all the time now (yeah, pistol whipping would be leet.)
lmao! Yeah I agree with you on this one. The stance on him is pretty crazy, and the pistol looks sweet I hope he does carry it around all the time. Or maybe be able to take it out whenever you want.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It was on wikipedia.com
Wow, I left this thread for a few days and look what's happened.
Hurrah for the Pro-Fox-SuperBoots movement!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
*Double post oh noes!*
I have renamed the thread, seeing as it was the first, to the official Fox discussion thread.

So now that the previous euphoria of 'ZOMG FOX WITH B00TS!', is somewhat done with, let's discuss the vulpine.

kaid

Smash Master

What is that hexagon thing he's wearing?

I think it's the Shine Generator. When you press vB, there would be 1-3 frames of him grabbing it and activating it before the shine actually goes off.

Nike

Smash Apprentice
What is that hexagon thing he's wearing?

I think it's the Shine Generator. When you press vB, there would be 1-3 frames of him grabbing it and activating it before the shine actually goes off.
I'm pretty sure that's a mine. Besides he's fox he doesn't need a machine to generate the shine he can do anything.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Shine Generator I'm sure. An Item would not be on any characters waist. They would obviously be carrying it in one of their fist.

Fox cant naturally do the ability anyway.

Nike

Smash Apprentice
Shine Generator I'm sure. An Item would not be on any characters waist. They would obviously be carrying it in one of their fist.

Fox cant naturally do the ability anyway.
u sure about that? let's look to the past. fox could shine in both ssb64 and ssbm, but i don't see a shine generator (wtf is that?) on him.

i'm not saying that it's a mine in the ssb sense, more like a random mine on his waist that adds to the overall increased detail of fox. and since they are re-tooling most character's moves who knows fox could get a mine b-move.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Possible. I'm just more inclined to think that its the supposed device that he will be using to do the move with. Nintendo can easily retro-actively say this is what he uses to do it. I mean, nothing in the game is actual canon anyway.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I like Kaid's idea of the hexagon being a shine generator. Isn't the shine a hexagon as well? Anyways, sure fox didn't use a generator before, but I am sure people assumed that he used some sort of future technology to create the reflector.

I think it is just decoration (like Cap. Falcon's gun) but that doesn't mean you can't imagine it being the generator.

Nike

Smash Apprentice
So if having a mine-based move meant not having the Shine, which would you prefer to have?
definitely the shine, it's just 2 good. I have a feeling though that they are either going to tone down or replace the shine. :(

T-major

Smash Champion
It seems like a fashion statement right now. He didn't need a reflector in Melee, so it may just be a fashion statement.
I don't know... it would make sence that it's a reflecter generator. look at it, the generater and reflector field shape are the same. granted he didn't need it in melee, but he could have had it hiddin. or they made the generator visable so people could make sence out of how he was using the reflecter. it could just be a fasion statement, but if they don't remove the reflecter, people would most likely lable it as a generator anyways. me included.

parrothead

Smash Lord

Exhibit A is a profile of Fox's head in SSBM. Exhibit B is his profile in SFC and SSBB. Let me ask you, which looks more vulpecular (fox-like) to you, A or B?

Top Bottom