• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Fox discussion thread -> We support Fox's new design! (Or just me)

odinm4gick

Smash Apprentice
so, honest awnser, who's going to be looking at his forhead and shoes while play and kicking and punching peoples?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The profile of the head isn't that bad. Its when he looks you head on that you want to shove your pointer fingers through your cornea and unhook your retina to erease the vision and then dig deeper to rip out clumps of your brain in hopes that the very memory of his face will disappear.

But I warmed up to the boots and the stance is cool.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
You may want to put the lack of fur effects or something explaining your thoughts next time geez zombie. It bothers me aswell.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
They did do a mix I suppose after seeing them side by side, but I would prefer the Adventure model all around in terms of the Star Fox charcters.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Yeah i know but i didnt buy it so i had no idea how it played and he is the only one I know who plays it. DS bothers me.

Tera253

Smash Ace
Tera thinks that it's A-W-E-S-O-M-E! she say it looks like cross between Fox in Adventures, assault, command and also a bit of remix.
~Tera253~

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Remember the days of old in the original Star Fox, Super Smash Brothers, and Super Smash brothers Melee? Ahh, I bet you do. Well, if you remember those days, then you'll remember what color Fox's eyes were back then: they were blue. Now, however, Nintendo has changed them to green. Yeah, I know in the main series they're green, but please Nintendo, we want to keep up the Smash Brothers tradition, give Fox blues eyes!

Here's an example of what he could look like with blue eyes:

I urge you to post here if you want Nintendo to change Fox's eye color back to blue.

Granted, some of you may not like Fox's current look, but admit it: its' probably a little late for them to make an entirely new model of Fox. Changing his eye color, however, wouldn't be that hard for them.

By the by, do you think they could have focused on Fox's butt any more?

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
LOL FURRY

Command is okay. It has all the elements of a really good Star Fox game, but you have to get past the fact that the turn-based elements aren't going to go away.

And it's ****ing hard later on.

Playing

Smash Cadet
ugh having fox show off his *** like that is just weird.

Anyways....
His overall skull-facial structure has certainly become more humanoid (bad thing but acceptable).

His pupils are WAY TOO HUGE. it's like he's on some sort of drug. Maybe small pupils would give him a more intense look (ie more serious)

About the boots : If u cover the boots and just look at the rest of Fox..he looks fine! Those boots look awkward..like those weird dutch shoes. Now we're all assuming that Fox is built for speed, so like his SSBM he has tight and aerodynamic boots. Now he has clown/cartoon shoes(even more bulbous than mario/luigi's plumber shoes)..so maybe he 'll handle like donkey kong.

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
Well, as I've said earlier in this thread (and another) they're highly based off of WWII German tanker boots. Why? Well, he IS half-German, afterall.

I really doubt he's trying to intentionally show off his butt; I thin he's just getting ready to turn around. Coupled with that fact, and the fact that he's wearing tight pants...well, you know what's going to happen.

Anyway, blue eyes ftw!

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
what is the little circle thing hanging form his belt? I was going to mention that when I saw it in the video, is it a mine or something?? but I think fox looks awesome!

Fox P McCloud

Smash Apprentice
a little background information: I'm one of those who absolute hates Fox having green eyes. It's not that I have anything against green eyes: it's the fact that Fox originally had blue eyes and also green eyes makes him look extremely uniform...thus I have someone edit pictures of Fox for me; he changes his eye color to blue (obviously).

When he did this for me I was absolutely stunned by the results: I liked Fox's model before (with a few minor exceptions), bu the blue eyes made him look extremely striking..and covered up some of the models imperfections.

I just hope Nintendo sees the light before the end and changes his eye color BACK to blue!

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Face and boots. Face and boots. I think they went overboard and mixed too much "human" into his face, making it rounder and giving him cheeks (yes they puff out just under his eyes) and it makes him look... unfortunate.

But, as people have noticed, this fox grows on you, and I will play fox. I just won't be ecstatic about it.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
FOx looked best in Starfox Adventures, Assalt was a bit bad, then Command came. not only did it ruin the entire Starfox storyline, it also ruined the charater design in my opinion. the ear position is way off from the original chubly cute little fox, now hes head looks like a vertical wooden block, very disturbing (not as bad at falco tho...)he's boots r better, but really that's it, the large forehead is really a turn off on fox.

I guess they made this bad desgin so people would use him less since his teir is so high.

(also, u guys should go check out slippy's design. I'd really rather have the original SNES Starfox design over that thing.)

D

Deleted member

True, true. The 'Command style of characters is abysmal. They were obviously going for the Chibi look, but ended up making everyone look sort of creepy. '64 was best.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Personally I think he's had way too many plastic surgeries and is wearing ridiculously ugly boots, but *shrug*

I think Fox looked the best in SSBM.
THANK YOU

I hate this fox design. Melee Fox looks best followed by Adventures. His face is way too butt ugly like this. I think the clothes look good though, but the face is so OOGLY. Just look at his ears!!! They're all small and sticking straight up off his head!!! They used to come up off the side!!!

Top Bottom