• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno For Smash 4 Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGN Forums

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=180244

I jut got my hopes up about Smash 4 and i know that Geno was one of the most popular characters that we wanted in brawl! Now that all the pressure of Sonic, Lucario, Wolf... of them being in the game is off masahiro can no focus on newer characters that we haven't seen yet like... GENO!! Im hoping that Smash 4 will be in E3 2008 at least an announcement that they are gonna work on it! For now lets just discuss the characters we want!

An otherworldly traveler sent by a higher authority, comes to Mario's world from Star Road to find the seven Star Pieces. Borrowing the form of Gaz's doll, Geno, a beam of light radiates from it bringing it to life, and he sets off searching for the Star Pieces. Since his name is hard to pronounce, he asks Mario and Mallow to call him "Geno", after the doll.

Encountering Mario and Mallow during his battle with Bowyer, Geno gladly accepts their help in battle. Defeating Bowyer, Geno explains to Mario and Mallow about his mission to find the Star Pieces and repair Star Road. Geno decides to travel with them to find the Star Pieces. Throughout the game, Geno offers advice to the party as a mystical sage-type figure. After destroying Smithy and reclaiming all seven Star Pieces, again a beam of light radiates from Geno, rendering the doll lifeless, and the otherworldly traveler bids farewell to his allies in order to repair Star Road.

Although the character Geno is copyrighted to Square (now Square Enix), in Little Fungitown of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, a Geno doll is an instructional aid to explain to players how to play the "Star Stache Smash" minigame, and the sound of his speech is very robotic. Just as Gaz played with the doll in Super Mario RPG, a person's hand operates Geno, since the otherworldly traveler left the doll's body after defeating Smithy.

jay~B

Smash Journeyman
Its way too early to expect the game right now especially at E3 2008, although there might be an announcement no way will the game come out any time soon

shellblade

Smash Cadet
It will never happen
there are better Mario characters
and there are better 3rd Party characters

mantaray

Smash Rookie
I don't see a new smash coming out anytime soon. Not until Wii 2 or whatever the next console is.

IGN Forums

Smash Journeyman
they are just gonna probably say that its goin 2 be worked on in a few years or something!

AbsoluteZero255

Smash Journeyman
Why is your name 'IGN forums'
are you one of the staff from there? or are you advertising.

And shouldn't this be posted in the Official ssb4 topic

Or is this official in IGN?
This is confusing.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Why is your name 'IGN forums'
are you one of the staff from there? or are you advertising.

And shouldn't this be posted in the Official ssb4 topic

Or is this official in IGN?
This is confusing.
I also want to know.

As much s i thought Geno was badass in Super Mario RPG i don't think he'd fit in in a Smash Bros. game.

IGN Forums

Smash Journeyman
i am an admin from Wii IGN forums me and 7 more peoples and its boring over there so i came here to chat with Smash fans because over there, there isnt any!! its just mario kart fanboys...

Grunt

Smash Master
THIS is what the Brawl GD is all about.
making threads that already exist without any thought.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Thanks for showing everyone an example of why we will NEVER have any topics outside that one Smash 4 thread.

Also an example of why I never wanted the smash 4 thread in the first place because it would spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom