• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Anyone know what would be better than another Mario RPG Game with Geno?

A Geno RPG game, chronicling how he became a hero known to children like Gaz. So technically a prequel to Mario RPG, but hopefully it'd have a different setting, and the same battle system.
this is easily one of the best ideas I ever heard. Would it be on GC, DS, GBA, or Wii?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
A Geno exclusive game would be cool. Yeah. Very cool. I think they should have made a game like that a long time ago. And expand on his powers and fighting style.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
WAIT A SECOND...... THEY'RE MAKING ANOTHER MARIO SPORTS GAME?!?!

That's just one of the reasons I grew up on Nintendo all my life and have grown to hate them over the past few years.

I'm sure if they have Geno in Brawl his moveset will have at least a few of his moves from RPG.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
So you expect all of his aerials, B's, Smash's, grabs/throws, etc to be from Mario RPG? Nintendo is obviously gonna have to make up some of his moves, as they did with every character in Melee.....

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
His B Attacks, and his neutral A attack are pretty self-explanatory, they can be taken directly from Mario RPG. But he'll need all new aerial moves along with other basic attacks.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Wait, seriously. Where else will he derive his moves from?
It's not always that a charcater needs to take all there moves from something. Take Ganondorf, because he didn't have many truly orginal moves from the series, instead they based the character off Captain Falcon. Or, they could just create moves that fit the character. Like Chi said, they will have to mzke up some moves, like what has been done to many charactres already.

-SMB

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
That would be really interesting, I mean, its purpose in the game was only to raise the POW and DEF of someone. That'd be kinda cool if he did have it, but say, he had to charge it like G&W Oil Bucket. Once he absorbs whatever however many times, he can use it on him or a teammate, boosting their DEF, making them take less damage (same knockback), and increase their POW (increase damage and knockback).

Ive also completed a moveset, though plenty already exist... anyways... here it is:

A: Jab - Normal jab with minimal knockback. 4%
A - A: Jab Kick Combo - The normal jab followed by a low kick with minimal knockback. 6%
A - A - A: Jab Kick Finger Shot- The basic Jab Kick Combo with a final Finger Shot. Geno's finger tips blast off quickly and shoot pellets. The first 3 pellets hit for 3%, 3%, 2%, then by continuously pressing A, and infinite amount of pellets can be shot, doing 1% each. First 3 Shots have little knockback, and the rest have minimal knockback.

F-Tilt A: Left Hook - Like the jab, but a bit slower and a bit more powerful. Less than decent knockback. 7%
D-Tilt A: Leg Sweep - A basic kick knocking the opponent directly onto the ground. 5%
U-Tilt A: Head Butt - Geno throws his head up bit. Has semi-low knockback. 6%

Dash A: Geno dives onto his stomache. Knocks opponent behind Geno. 7%

F-Smash: Rocket Punch - Geno's hands blast off and move a decent distance. The more this is charged, the further they go. Has excellent knockback. 14%-22%
D-Smash: Double Cannon - Geno's arm's bend, opening up his elbows, and both launch a single large bullet to both sides of him. Short ranged with very nice knockback. 16%-25%
U-Smash: Star Gun- Geno sprays stars from hit wrists upward. Much like Samus's U-Smash. Decent vertical knockback only. 13%-23%

N-Air: Sex Kick: Basic sex kick. Longer it stays out, damage decreases, but knockback increases. 10%-5%
F-Nair: Power Punch - has lag on the beginning, but has very nice knockback and damage. 15%
B-Air: Drop Kick - Has little lag on the beginning, but has decent nice knockback and damage. 9%
D-Air: Aerial Finger Shot - Geno sprays pellets below him, doing 2% each. Little knock back.
U-Air: Backflip Kick - Standard backflip with a kick before, at, and after the peak of the flip. 7%

B: Geno Beam - Powerful beam able to be charged. The mroe it is charged, the thicker and more powerful it becomes. 5%-25%
Tilt-B: Geno Whirl - Geno throws a large disc. Its very fast and has low knockback. If Smashed (can be charged), does more damage. 7% or 8%-17%. Also has a 1% chance of doing 999% damage to anyone it hits.
D-B: Geno Blast - A few beam fall from the sky around Geno. It has beginning lag. Also has decent knockback. Similar to Pikachu's D-B. 10%.
U-B: Geno Boost - Geno's feet blast off, blasting him higher into the air forward and upwards as well. Geno's DEF will also rise for a short time (cool down rate on the DEF boost). 7%

F-Throw: Geno just throws his opponent forward, moreso forward then upward. 6%
B-Throw: Geno tosses the opponent behind him and shoots him/her with bullets from his hands. Throw does 6%, each bullet does addition 3%.
D-Throw: Geno throws his opponent into the ground and follows up with Mini-Geno Beam. Little knockback. 8%.
U-Throw: Opponent is thrown upwards and then hit by a spew of pellets. Little Knockback. 8%.
Grab A: Geno punches his opponent in the face. 3% per hit.

Ultimate: Geno Flash - Geno turns into a giant cannon, and launches a fiery blast to the center of the stage. This blast then turns into a huge sun, and blows up everyone except for Geno and teammates... lol

Taunt: Classic Head nod from Mario RPG after winning a battle.

Well, there it is, comments are welcome, negative or positive, just back up your arguments logically.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
Ooo, thats a good question, because chances are they will make him an unlockable character. Hmm... Id want to feel like I earned him, so id want it to be somehting difficult. Ill think about it.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I really couldn't say, because I'd have to know all the new 1-player modes they're adding.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
What? Like grabbing seven invincible stars? That is pretty random. But I guess Luigi's is random too. If they add a Challenge Mode, it should be when you beat that. Hey, I'm just taking guesses here, don't flame me...

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I don't really mind how you unlock him, as long as it's not another Mewtwo.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
It was pretty stupid. No matter what, you catch hell to unlock him (700 vs. matches, ouch). I'm still surprised that one of the special messages was a 1,000,000 vs matches milestone. Did they really expect us to do that many matches? I had to cheat to get that one as opposed to never cheating and always taking on the challenge of unlocking it the right way.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I thought it was pretty cool. Although, I wouldn't mind seeing the Geno Boost somehow implemented into his moveset. Lol, three red stars indicating his beam was fully charged. It brings back memories. Wait! I still have that game and I used that move yesterday! Aww... the memories...

But seriously, it was alright. God I hope Geno makes it into Brawl.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Pretty good video there, McFox. But I still think his down throw should be like Ness', only with his beamy thing.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
The AAA is good, but would it have knockback or have the similar effects of Mewtwo's?(as in you have to DI out of it)

The FSmash was pretty dull though, he should use both of his fists like he did in SMRPG.

What about his Uthrow and Dthrow? Anyway, how about him shooting some stars or bullets after throwing the opponent, Mewtwo style?

His NAir looked like it would have the same effects of Mewtwo, or would it have better knockback?

Pretty cool vid, but it was hard to understand what some of the attacks would do in the actual gameplay.

Cajun Spooks was hillarious, are you making a sequel?

tough didnt like the super very much...
That was the last "special" move he got in the game, also one of the strongest, that's the most likely attack he'd use for his special.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I wonder when Nintendo will realize that they need to make a sequel to SMRPG? I would like to see him make a comeback in some kind of game. Brawl looks like the best way right now.

Top Bottom