• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

D

Deleted member

Nice! Is there gonna be a profile like what Enigma or Psycho has for everyone?

paralasalud

Smash Ace
here it is ya'll

the actual image of geno is unfinished, but i intend to finish it.
hope you like it. if there are any changes you want let me know, this one was a quickie

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Nice! Is there gonna be a profile like what Enigma or Psycho has for everyone?
We may add small profiles for some of the members but certain specific members are getting full profiles

BTW: Nice Paralas!

D

Deleted member

Oh, guys, as for us wanting the update on the 9th of December the 9th is a Sunday.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, guys, as for us wanting the update on the 9th of December the 9th is a Sunday.
Geno's update...should it be before or after the VC launch of Super Mario RPG?

D

Deleted member

I say before 'cause Sonic was announced before the Sonic and Mario at the Olympics game. It makes sense.

genosall

Smash Journeyman
in your computer waiting for when you get closer t
here it is ya'll

the actual image of geno is unfinished, but i intend to finish it.
hope you like it. if there are any changes you want let me know, this one was a quickie
Wow, awsome simply awsome. i thoght you were making something a little bit darker but thats alot better then what i could do! :laugh: plus its always good to have va-ri-ah-ti!
oh and i think that a slim-bar would be nice for some peapole so i'd probubly use a slim-bar (if it were made) so that it would fit.
hay how do you guys color your drawings? do you just do it in paint? (i've tryed that but it just looks horrible in the end.) btw i draw all my pics and then scan them on my computer. is that right?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm going to be the skeptic here. I consider myself a BIG Mario fan, yet I ask you WHY does Geno deserve to be playable in Brawl? No seriously....WHY? SMRPG is just one game...and Geno wasn't all that exceptional in SMRPG statistically. Dies waaaaay too freaking easily to be worth using once you get Peach and Bowser.

If Geno deserved to be playable, then so would Lyn from Fire Emblem. Yes, they are about equally significant. No seriously, Geno is not a very significant character at all. Making him playable is pretty excessive support for the Mario universe, when they already are doing the job really good already with Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and now Wario. Thing is these Mario character are RECURRING, AND they have managed to be the stars in some of their own video games. Yeah really, I don't get why people want Geno so badly as a playable character. He's really out of place for a Mario character.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
People want Wart and Tatanga? Wow. Yeah, Geno, Wart, and Tatanga are definitely not going to be playable the way I see it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Does it change the fact Geno is pretty much a one-timer? Geno was playable ONCE in an RPG that has no out of battle RPG elements. Yeah, THAT MAKES HIM SO AWESOME!!!!

Pretty much everyone except the Ice Climbers has a legacy of games where they were playable. But the Ice Climbers were actually the main characters of their game, so that makes them infinitely better than Geno as far as I'm concerned.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Does it change the fact Geno is pretty much a one-timer? Geno was playable ONCE in an RPG that has no out of battle RPG elements. Yeah, THAT MAKES HIM SO AWESOME!!!!

Pretty much everyone except the Ice Climbers has a legacy of games where they were playable. But the Ice Climbers were actually the main characters of their game, so that makes them infinitely better than Geno as far as I'm concerned.
you said you played SMRPG right?

Sinn

Smash Lord
Should I bother adding at this point that the other two characters as frequently mentioned as Geno was on Sakurai's poll are both already confirmed...?

Snakz

Smash Ace
Wow, no one attacks Ridley but EVERYONE wants Geno crew gone....where is the logic in that. Someone clean the page up so it looks more legit

Wait, that Geno page though IS smasll and irrelivent...
Exactly, which is why i posted that the Geno character page stay, but be bigger and more formal. Perhaps ill work on that soon

and ive been arguing about the crew page, it's safe for now, so dont worry about the crew page

Dhaka

Smash Cadet
Of course I played SMRPG. Geno is pretty **** insignificant when he's not an ideal team candidate, and when the only guy solving Out of Battle puzzles is Mario.
you sir...have never played SMRPG....

Theres no way you could have if you truely believe Geno was a horrible character....

Hell... I beat the final level Jynx fight at level 14 with Mario, Mallow, and Geno in my party (thats right...no Peach and no Lazy Shells). I beat Culex and Smithy both at level 17 with a party build of Mario Bowser and Geno too... (the bosses didnt last very long... they both hit so so hard with Geno Boost).

Geno is purely the most amzing "red mage" type char in the game. His attacking magic can be unbeatable in cases (lol geno whirl) and his defensive magic can make everyone else untouchable also (mmmm timed boost). Give him the right equipment (a feather is usually nice on geno so he gets first cast) and you have yourself a lean, mean ***-kicking machine.

Don't get me wrong, all 5 characters from SMRPG are great when geared correctly, but Geno just has the flare to him that makes him that much better. He is without a doubt a very deserving character for a Brawl spot, not to mention (and this is sretching it) a true sequal to SMRPG.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Of course I played SMRPG. Geno is pretty **** insignificant when he's not an ideal team candidate, and when the only guy solving Out of Battle puzzles is Mario.
Are people suggesting Mario should be in Smash...

...cause I have to say that's a pretty dumb thing to say...

"Mario should be the character in Smash"

I dunno, just maybe he HAS been in Smash since Smash 64. Bowser and Peach since Melee.

Geno was one of the most powerful members of your team. He had more to do with the story than ANY of the characters and was the major catalyst in the storyline, extending it to an actual reason behind defeating Smithy other than "He's the bad guy".

Geno is also the only original character FROM that game that has reappeared in another game, Mario & Luigi: Super saga, although a cameo appearance...that's more than Mallow ever did.

...and as for Mario not needing any more people from it's franchise...why? Doc is most likely gone so that's one less character. Besides, it's the largest selling of ANY Nintendo franchise and the addition of such a unique character to the roster wouldn't hurt the roster at all.

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
I love how people always think that they have a shot at saying that Geno doesn't belong in brawl. This thread has 289 pages, don't you think we know how to argue our point? Go back to your "We want WD waaa" threads.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I love how people always think that they have a shot at saying that Geno doesn't belong in brawl. This thread has 289 posts, don't you think we know how to argue our point? Go back to your "We want WD waaa" threads.
289? I alone have more posts in this thread than that...

this therad has over 4,300 posts

Edit: You mean pages, right?

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Wow, awsome simply awsome. i thoght you were making something a little bit darker but thats alot better then what i could do! :laugh: plus its always good to have va-ri-ah-ti!
oh and i think that a slim-bar would be nice for some peapole so i'd probubly use a slim-bar (if it were made) so that it would fit.
hay how do you guys color your drawings? do you just do it in paint? (i've tryed that but it just looks horrible in the end.) btw i draw all my pics and then scan them on my computer. is that right?
yeah i draw and scan mine too, then i do the linework in illustrator as well as the colors, and then do details in photoshop. paint isn't a good idea lolz. i could probably make a thinner bar if you really want.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Geno's haters are many and relentless. Ridley's fans are many and relentless. Therein lies the difference.

Honestly? I have no idea why Geno attracts as much negativity as he does. We have just as much reason to believe that he'll be in as any other character that has a good chance.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
why does everyone like to use the "Geno is only a one-timer"argument? what do you call Pichu? Ice Climbers? .... Mr. Game & Watch? does it honestly matter if he's a "one-timer" anymore after those characters? Geno is a character that's actually requested. think of how popular he is for being a "one-timer". calling him that is actually a compliment.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere I heard that Sakurai was quoted saying "I believe that Geno is 1st Party."

I just figured this would be the place to come and ask considering it is the Geno fanclub. Also, if he did say that does anyone have a source?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Ghost Anime, I'm using the sig picture from your photobucket, so if you delete it I will be very angry, for I will have to steal it form someone else's photobucket, and that could take, hell, 5 seconds.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere I heard that Sakurai was quoted saying "I believe that Geno is 1st Party."

I just figured this would be the place to come and ask considering it is the Geno fanclub. Also, if he did say that does anyone have a source?

Phatmanonice, known for personally delivering a "Geno portfolio" to Nintendo HQ (or more specifically, ATTEMPTING to. He ended up having to mail it afterall because they wouldn't let him in) said that Sakurai views Geno as 1st party. HOWEVER, Phatmanonice never gave a source for that or provided any evidence to back that up (or state where he got it from, etc. People were just so enamoured with him putting together that Geno portfolio that they just assumed everything he said was pure truth).

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Phatmanonice, known for personally delivering a "Geno portfolio" to Nintendo HQ (or more specifically, ATTEMPTING to. He ended up having to mail it afterall because they wouldn't let him in) said that Sakurai views Geno as 1st party. HOWEVER, Phatmanonice never gave a source for that or provided any evidence to back that up (or state where he got it from, etc. People were just so enamoured with him putting together that Geno portfolio that they just assumed everything he said was pure truth).
That guy is awesome, even if he did or didn't do that =o. One heck of a Geno supporter, that guy is.

Also, Second page? For shame...

Oshiro Akina

Smash Journeyman
I had another Geno dream last night. I was checking the Dojo and noticed the site was in a newspaper like format but without pictures. I scrolled down a bit and saw "WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" in huge letters. Excited I scrolled down and saw Geno's name. I remember I started screaming and crying in excitement before I woke up. Geno for Brawl! <3

Top Bottom