• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The official "If I had a time machine..." gimmick

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
If you had a time machine what would you do with it?

Me, I would go back and throw eggs at hippies! Then, I would go back to the BCs and take over the world by showing them my nice shiney Ibook G4!:psycho:

This should be fun....
If you make back to the future references, you WILL recieve a very angry PM!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd go forward in time buy a Wii for dirt cheap, buy multiple copes of Brawl, MP3, Mario and anything worth buying at that time for dirt cheap. I'd buy a Xbox 360 and PS3 too, with multiple copies of all of the good games, for dirt cheap.

then I'd come back here with my Brawl and stuff, and sell them for extreme amounts of money.

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
I would take all of my consoles and then go to the 60s when they weren't made yet, and then I'll sell them for millions! Of course everyone will think I made it though!

I'd also want to go back into the 80s..

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
People too easily neglect the butterfly effect...

I'd go back and only change the lives of a few people, not an entire country's history: kidnap myself as a child and over the course of however long it takes, teach myself everything I currently know so that by the time I'm my age currently, school won't be as hard. (wow, using pronouns when talking about two selves is kinda difficult).

However, if I really wanted to change the entire world the way it is currently, I'd go to Adolf Hitler's Mum's OBGYN 5 minutes before their appointment, slap him in the face and say "tell this woman what she wants to hear". I'd also anonymously send a weight set to a 10 year old Bill Gates with an instruction booklet on how someone his age should excercise properly.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
One problem how would you Recharge it :confused: lawl

And i would go back in time to go meet my self and screw up the ballance between the universe and bring the cube 20 years back and own every 1 in smash.
As for the question you asked, I wouldn't have to because I would've taken over the world by the time the battery died!

I could just see you bring the Cube to the '80s

Random kid: (Playing Contra) look at the graphics, they're just amazing
Fade: If you think this is good...(Hooks up Gamecube
Random kid: (Poops pants when it turns on) All hail Fade!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I actually have a time machine. I will now go a minute in the past and post, just to prove it. I totally did not rip this off of Pokemonmaster01.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
He was the first guy I didn't see do it.

Smash Master
I'd go forward and look at tomorrow's winning lotto numbers. Then I'd play them.

DonuttTemp

Smash Rookie
I'd go forward and look at tomorrow's winning lotto numbers. Then I'd play them.
You'd need a lot of luck for that one to succeed.

I'd rather get my fortune told about love. It would be more interesting that way. :)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Why? His death was the most important part of his whole deal. His death showed that one man can stand for so much and violence will never stop what one man can do. Sadly, for his whole life to be effective, he had to die. James Earl Ray was a detestable man, who due to inbreeding no doubt, didn't realize he immortalized Martin Luther King, Jr.

Also, add to the fact that it's possible later in life he would have changed his message or even be subject to corruption like the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Another good example is Ghandi. Had he not died, his non-violent protest would have been great, but no where near as legendary as it is.

Murder immortalizes people who stand for a cause.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
I'd go back to 1997 and become the Ambassador of Quebec in the present. I would also watch Rasputin get assassinated to see if he was really as bad *** as history claims him to be. I'd go back to 1959 and write my own version of the "Outsiders"I would aso go back to 60s during King's I have a dream speech and make everyone listen to Little John. Upon the landing of the mayflower I'd shoot off a firecracker. Then, I'd bring rocket launchers to the revolutions and give them to the English Americans. I would also kill Jack Thompson!

cF=)

Smash Lord
I guess I would try to FORNICATE! my way into a Charlie Chaplin movie.

And, invent the oreo cookie.

Demolisho

Smash Apprentice
I would go back to the age where hamburgers cost 10 cents, buy a whole bunch, then go back to my time and enjoy my cheap meal.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Believe it or not, I don't know much about Marlowe's works. I know more about his actual life than I do about anything he wrote. The problem I have with Shakespeare isn't that I don't like his works, but that I'm FORCED to study them in school to earn a degree in English, as if knowing his plays is somehow required for me to understand the English language. I actually liked Taming of the Shrew, Hamlet, and Macbeth. But I haven't liked anything else, and I take my semester-long class on Shakespeare starting in the fall. Oye.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Why? His death was the most important part of his whole deal. His death showed that one man can stand for so much and violence will never stop what one man can do. Sadly, for his whole life to be effective, he had to die. James Earl Ray was a detestable man, who due to inbreeding no doubt, didn't realize he immortalized Martin Luther King, Jr.

Also, add to the fact that it's possible later in life he would have changed his message or even be subject to corruption like the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Another good example is Ghandi. Had he not died, his non-violent protest would have been great, but no where near as legendary as it is.

Murder immortalizes people who stand for a cause.
That reminds me of some movie trailer where the guy says "Are you gonna shot me? Shoot me right in the chest, I wanna go out strong! Ya see if I live I'm 50 cent, but if I die I'm Tupac!"

Oops I made a mistake =S

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Which funnily enough would be the time machine exploding as you appear or something ironic.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yeah, paradoxes are amazing, especially time paradoxes. I remember spending a night reading about all of the different paradoxes. I'll post a few time paradoxes now.

A man travels back in time to discover the cause of a famous fire. While in the building where the fire started, he accidentally knocks over a kerosene lantern and causes a fire, the same fire that would inspire him, years later, to travel back in time.

A man receives information about his own future, telling him that he will die from a heart attack. He resolves to get fit so as to avoid that fate, but in doing so overexerts himself, causing him to suffer the heart attack that kills him.

In the legend of Oedipus, it is prophesied that the baby Oedipus will one day kill his father and marry his mother. His father, Laius, attempts to circumvent the prophecy by abandoning the baby in the wilderness, where he was found by another King and Queen and raised as their son. Years later, Oedipus — unaware that he was adopted — learns of the prophecy and leaves home to avoid it. He kills a man and marries the widow, but does not learn until later that they are, in fact, his biological parents. The attempts to avoid fate result in the fulfillment of the prophecy.

A second type of time travel paradox is the closed causal loop. The classic example is the one in which you one day receive the instructions on how to build a time machine from a mysterious stranger. You follow the instructions and then use the time machine to go back in time, where, disguised as a mysterious stranger, you proceed to give your younger self instructions on how to build a time machine. But where did the knowledge of how to build such a machine come from in the first place?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I would go back to various times on the distant past (~300 B.C. to 1700A.D) with a back pack, gun and ammo and just explore and see the things and events I have only read about. The gun would only be for defense purposes in hostile environs.

Obikun

Smash Apprentice
I would go back in time when I first bought a copy of smash bros melee, hit my past self in the face and yell at him, telling him DUDE, WTF!!, NO WAVEDASH, DASH DANCE OR CANCEL. YOU SUCK!!!.

X-PAC

Smash Cadet
Yeah, paradoxes are amazing, especially time paradoxes.
Please tell me someone else instantly thought "Metal Gear Solid 3" at this comment, or I'm really gonna feel like a nerd :p

Anyways, I'd prolly go back to say the glory days of the roman empire or something and see if I could teach 'em to produce electricity and more modern machinery and such. See if I couldn't get us some flying cars by 2000.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I read something about the Metal Gear Soli 3 time paradox. I didn't understand it, hell I can't even remember it.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Anyways, I'd prolly go back to say the glory days of the roman empire or something and see if I could teach 'em to produce electricity and more modern machinery and such. See if I couldn't get us some flying cars by 2000.
If you can't build it from scratch right now, then no way in hell you'd be able to show it to them then.

Top Bottom