• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Scythe

Smash Master
I might be retracting my previous statement and playing at MPS next weekend!

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
It's looking like we'll have to push back the date to accommodate the venue, but as of RIGHT NOW it looks like we(Springfield, IL -> FAIRLY CENTRAL IL/Midwestern city) will be hosting a tournament on the 17th of October. Details to be posted in its own thread soon. Anyone up/downstate still interested? Are there any other events that weekend I should know about or the weekend before/after that a larger number of players planned to attend?

ook

Smash Lord
Sounds good, I'd go :)

AFAIK there was gonna be a tournament in michigan on october 31st, and the MW-W championships in kansas were gonna be on the 24th, dunno how many people were planning on going to those. But there's nothing on the 17th or before.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I am planing to go to both! ^_^

But yeah I don't see anything big outside of those two in October that are relatively close by. >_>

chewyy

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure that there is going to be a tournament in champaign either the weekend of the 19th or the 26th, not sure which one yet. More info to come.

TheStig

Smash Lord
ill try to make the one in champaign, and there will most likely be after tournament "festivities"

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'm not even honorable mention? I've had some decent placings :p

Areal Rave: (St. Louis, MO)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220489
Singles: 1st, 2nd and 3rd out of 25.
Doubles: don't remember.

S.L.O.T.H
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235719
Singles: 2 out of 25 (went by Xero)

Iowa: Joker's monthly
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176740
Singles: 3 out of 25
Doubles: 3 out of 10

Gigabrawl Results (Midwest Circuit- West)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242713
Singles: 13 out of 40
Doubles: 4 out of 15

Midwest Cicuit: The Competition (Athens, Ohio)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234865
Singles: 25 out of 65
Doubles: 9 out of 32

Wings and Brew 3: (Colombus, Ohio)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234166
Singles: 7 out of 32
Doubles: 7 out of 15

OUGA's back to school special: (Athens, Ohio)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244476
Singles: 25 out of 51

Notable players beaten in tournament: Thinkaman, Legan, Lou, Skizm, Jordan, Jekyll, Razor
beaten in money matches: Y.B.M, Count, Hilt

I main MK.

Arty

Smash Lord
As stated before, no one knew that you were from IL since you haven't been to an IL tourney... when the next update comes, which will be sometime in a week or two, you will be considered

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Wow, I didn't realize I had already been talked about in this thread. I feel like an idiot. I just assumed no one would mention me because I haven't played anyone in IL. So yeah, ignore my post. I should have read the thread.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I sense major changes.. I mean Scythe and Norm don't even play Brawl and there hasn't been a chicago tournament in months.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Is anyone going to Springfield IL on the 17th? I can actually make it to that one. I want to play some IL players.

ook

Smash Lord
I was probably gonna go, but it seems (from the thread) that it's mostly a melee thing?
The brawl there doesn't seem to have much hype :ohwell:

chewyy

Smash Ace
I'm going to it for Brawl and I'm hoping for a decent Brawl turnout, the way I've been looking at is just that the melee people are talking trash on the thread... Hopefully that doesn't mean that people playing Brawl don't want to come...

edit: I may be bring one or two people from champaign for brawl as well.
I know Ripple is playing Brawl, Oranos and Surjan both play Brawl as well.
Let's say you and Quik (he's "attending" according to AIB) come, then Zozefup would probably also come.
Then that might convince other players to come as well. Those are just the people that I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure others are coming as well. Oh yeah, Legan? Other St. Louis people?

I'll post on the thread and see if we can get a running list of who is planning on attending.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Well most people coming from stl are just going for melee but I think theres at least me and legan are playing brawl and maybe 1 or 2 more.

edit: actually if they are running both events and you can only enter one Ill probably be the only one playing brawl lol

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if I take 1st, will I pass up chewyy?

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
ok.. 1st) I don't think a DK is winning that tournament in brawl OR melee lol (sorry Ripple & Ook) (winning doubles?... maybe)
2nd) You can enter both Melee and Brawl at the same time, just be careful and keep up with your pools/bracket matches
3rd) Brawl hype is down because nobody has really been posting, especially in terms of saying they WILL go & such
4th) I really dunno how many people are entering brawl, but I'd expect 10 as a minimum number of entrants (i'm aiming for 20ish for Brawl singles, including those who are also entering some melee tourney)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
and why wouldn't I or OOK take 1st in brawl oranos?

and that's it, I'm using DK in melee. don't care anymore. proving a point

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Jungle Japes and Luigi's Mansion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DKs taking top 2!!!!

hype!!!!!! :)
ook, would you actually like to team for brawl? people would be like OMG!
its impossible to kill DK on mansion......Literally!

Zozefup

Smash Lord
MK is going to win... just like every other tournament :p

I need a teammate for this :(. Would you be up for teams Ripple? If you don't team with Ook. Overswarm teamed with me at a midwest circuit, so I'm decent at teams.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I used to 2nd DK. You guys will have to show me some stuff and we'll get three DK's at this tournament :)

DK can do anything ook (out of kick)

If you guys know anyone good who needs a teammate, that would be pretty awesome...

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Illinois, where Donkey Kongs and Ikes run rampant...

Anywho.. out of the Central/Southern IL brawlers, can anyone name someone who is up to date with all the tournaments and stuff from around there? We're trying to find more representation so we get good coverage.

Top Bottom